• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos for Sale at End of Season?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Walton actually sounds like an extremely smart and driven human being and has the credentials and cash to play with the big boys. He would actually be the wealthiest NFL owner by a good margin. His age would be my biggest concern and a solid succession plan would need to be in place to avoid the mess we have now, but his daughter and son-in-law would be well positioned to take over should it be needed.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought new ownership would be announced by draft day. Hopefully soon?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The circle of 31 will easily approve Walton. They love money and having more of it in the NFL Owners Club will make everyone happy.

$6B ain't squat.

Unless another Billionaire with more than Walton chimes in, it'll be a slam dunk.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong -as everyone likes to point to me on this subject, but this is where any one or more members of the Bowlen family can plop 11% of the franchise on any bidder's lap. Even the Walmart guy gets to a point of having liquidity problems. I still see the younger Bowlin girl as a wildcard winner. Actually - having money in an NFL franchise has an extremely high return on investment - better than the stock market or the real estate market. It also has great tax advantages and enhances the individual brand.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong -as everyone likes to point to me on this subject, but this is where any one or more members of the Bowlen family can plop 11% of the franchise on any bidder's lap. Even the Walmart guy gets to a point of having liquidity problems. I still see the younger Bowlin girl as a wildcard winner. Actually - having money in an NFL franchise has an extremely high return on investment - better than the stock market or the real estate market. It also has great tax advantages and enhances the individual brand.
Sorry, but in talking from someone involved I know none of the kids are involved in the new bid. He won't say why but I suspect they aren't allowed to be. No Bowlen will be substantial part or piece of a new ownership group. Could Britany be a bit piece to stay connected, sure, but she isn't dropping her 11% into a bid.

Walton having liquidity issues at 4B purchase price isn't a concern at all. The percentage of his wealth dedicated to the full purchase which is around 6% he should have in very liquid assets and my bet is he has other investors and finances and only puts in cash to the amount required by the NFL which would reduce that down to closer to 2% of his wealth. Walton has about 3 times as much wealth as any other NFL owner. He is one of the 20 wealthiest people on the planet.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but in talking from someone involved I know none of the kids are involved in the new bid. He won't say why but I suspect they aren't allowed to be. No Bowlen will be substantial part or piece of a new ownership group. Could Britany be a bit piece to stay connected, sure, but she isn't dropping her 11% into a bid.

Walton having liquidity issues at 4B purchase price isn't a concern at all. The percentage of his wealth dedicated to the full purchase which is around 6% he should have in very liquid assets and my bet is he has other investors and finances and only puts in cash to the amount required by the NFL which would reduce that down to closer to 2% of his wealth. Walton has about 3 times as much wealth as any other NFL owner. He is one of the 20 wealthiest people on the planet.
Nicely argued my friend. We will see how it plays out.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone in favor of a Magic ownership group?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone in favor of a Magic ownership group?
Josh Harris seems like a quality owner. His ownership model is very business like which can have positives (letting the best people manage) and negatives (i.e. is winning the sole focus). Boehly's group seems similar.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Harris seems like a quality owner. His ownership model is very business like which can have positives (letting the best people manage) and negatives (i.e. is winning the sole focus). Boehly's group seems similar.
I don't think he has the money. Look at the bidders right now that can pony up $6 Billion. There are two unknown groups bidding. Out of the three we know of only Walton can write a check for that amount and go higher if need be.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. The funniest thing about rich folks is they rarely use their own money to buy something. Always use someone else's cash. But even if he did make the poor decision of an all-cash bid, it'd still be less than 10% of his total wealth - assuming 100% liquidity.

But a man with 80 billion in wealth can easily find investors and funding outside his own debit card and curse can change.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:

They’re not “finalists” yet, but they’re getting there.
Via Ben Fischer of Sports Business Journal, five groups have submitted proposed amendments to a potential contract for sale of the Denver Broncos. A second round of formal bids is coming in June.
Lawyers for the five interested groups were asked to make any proposed changes to formal agreements, a tactic aimed at identifying potential dealbreakers early.
The groups are led by Walmart heir Rob Walton, Dodgers investor Todd Boehly, and 76ers co-owner Josh Harris. Magic Johnson is part of the Harris group. The other two groups have largely been kept anonymous however, Mike Klis of 9News.com reported recently that media mogul Byron Allen fronts one of the remaining two.
It’s expected that a winner will be selected before training camps open, and that final negotiations will stretch through the preseason. The goal remains to havre a new owner in place by the start of the regular season.
We’ve previously reported that, by the time the final haggling concludes, the price to be paid will be at least $5 billion. Whatever the final number, it’ll be the richest transaction for an American sports team. And the number, for NFL franchises, will likely keep going up

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like from media reports it is going to be Rob Walton with a 4.5 Billion bid who will be the new Broncos owner.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like from media reports it is going to be Rob Walton with a 4.5 Billion bid who will be the new Broncos owner.
It's all a game of liar's poker until the actual bidding.