• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos/Bears! Football is back!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Paxton showed the best arm last night. Sieman was next

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez had a wide open DT on the TD and it wasn't that pretty. His int was horrible. In fairness he did make a couple nice throws on that drive, in particular the one to Green

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez had a wide open DT on the TD and it wasn't that pretty. His int was horrible. In fairness he did make a couple nice throws on that drive, in particular the one to Green

The one thing I loved that Sanchez did was he showed well on 3rd down. That first drive he went 3 for 3 on 3rd down. He wasn't perfect and yeah the interception wasn't a great throw by any means but I thought he showed ok. At least I feel a bit better about him being our starter if that happens.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of you must feel pretty good with the Qb play after this game considering before season started this team ,along with the D could make a SB run with " sub - par quarterback " play. ;)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is one of the all time greats

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking sooner then a couple of minutes though.

Packers game was about the only comfortable game in the second half last year.

I don't know if my blood pressure can hold up a 2nd year in a row.

I knew what you meant. It just needed to be said! :suds:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew what you meant. It just needed to be said! :suds:

Those last few minutes were an amazing feeling though... That game was so nerve racking then finally..... The smell was near... The nerves relaxed and you could enjoy those last few minutes knowing....

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense won 3 games last year where they scored a TD and won by less than 7 points

The stats of the QB play were sub par but the offense several times when they needed a score late found a way to win or take the lead late and let the defense close it out.

This is where I think Denver might have a hard time replacing what Manning brought.

Let's hope the new QB can do the same thing when the game is on the line.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense won 3 games last year where they scored a TD and won by less than 7 points

The stats of the QB play were sub par but the offense several times when they needed a score late found a way to win or take the lead late and let the defense close it out.

This is where I think Denver might have a hard time replacing what Manning brought.

Let's hope the new QB can do the same thing when the game is on the line.

Manning also threw a decent number of pick-6's that put us behind the 8 ball though. The defense many of times responded by scoring a touchdown or coming up with a big play to keep us in the game. To me the offense it is about keeping the turnovers to a minimum and getting the run game going. The OL showed glimpses yesterday of the holes they can open for this run game. Just have to see how consistent they can get with it.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any chance we trade one of our defensive pieces for some oline help? leary from the cowboys is an option imo. grab him and put him at lg and slide garcia to rg?

okung-leary-paradis-garcia-stephenson

i actually feel ok about qb... but man i don't love the oline.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie Fowler fractured elbow (small fracture) out until week 1.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any chance we trade one of our defensive pieces for some oline help? leary from the cowboys is an option imo. grab him and put him at lg and slide garcia to rg?

okung-leary-paradis-garcia-stephenson

i actually feel ok about qb... but man i don't love the oline.
Agree. With the fact we have a lot of new guys that will take time to gel which is understandable, I'm not real confident on the depth if there were injures to the projected starters. Think it would be very smart to invest in some quality help there even if we have to give up some players with good upside. If like most believe this offense is going to be geared to a good strong running game to succeed,then the strength and depth of the O- line is critical. Right now, to me anyway, that is Denver's potential weakest link.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning also threw a decent number of pick-6's that put us behind the 8 ball though. The defense many of times responded by scoring a touchdown or coming up with a big play to keep us in the game. To me the offense it is about keeping the turnovers to a minimum and getting the run game going. The OL showed glimpses yesterday of the holes they can open for this run game. Just have to see how consistent they can get with it.
I guess Kubiak went off on the offense today. Not executing his offense at all and really lit into Lynch.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to watch the game on the NFL Network Thurs night, but a storm blew thru NJ and after the signal kept cutting out during the first half, the power went out and I didn't see much of the second half ..

The encouraging things I noticed were the WRs - with Fowler and Latimer, the depth at the position is scary good ...

Just have to wonder if these guys continue to impress, do we trade a WR for some help at OL

Heuerman got beat blocking, and while so many reports talk of his blocking abilities, I have yet to see it - and the few games I saw him play in school, he didn't look good there either ...

Virg was impressive

The defense is scary good, esp considering our two best players sat out

One thing is certain, esp after seeing what John Fox put on the field: we have an elite coaching staff

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Kubiak went off on the offense today. Not executing his offense at all and really lit into Lynch.

Yeah I heard it didn't quite go to plan for the offense today. To me the two most important practices of our off season will be this week against the 49ers. If our QB's can continue to perform when they are not going against our incredible defense then to me it shows it could be more the quality of who they are playing in practice more so than that they stink beyond belief. At least Thursday's game for me gave me a little hope that it was more them going against the No Fly Zone. Heck I mean look at the depth we have at safety and corner as guys from 1st string (well other than Harris and Talib not playing) to our 3rd string dominated that game. So our depth is unreal on the defensive side of the ball. Again though need to see them go out and dominate a pretty weak 49ers defense in the 2 days they have the opportunity. If they can continue that streak then I might be quietly excited about our offense not being a liability this year but possibly a group that could go out and win some games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz broken ribs.

I had seen that. I actually thought about that after rewatching the Bronco game. There was the scramble for a 1st down by Lynch that if you go back he had about 3-4 blockers out in front that he could have gone for more yards but honestly I now love that he ducked out of bounds. Pick up the 1st down, realize it is a preseason game, and realize we don't need our QB always fighting for those extra yards on a run. I would rather him not take those extra hits and live to fight another play.