• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos/Bears! Football is back!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard a couple of times from coaches that this year even more so than last year they feel like they have the right players to run the WHOLE defensive system. They loved Bruton but he didn't have the range to completely be trusted to man the whole back end of the defense. Simmons fits that role for them of having the range, cover ability, and tackling ability to be trusted to be the last line of defense if needed and let them be very aggressive up front. What is funny is people keep talking about how much we blitzed and Philips tweeted out after the game that they never once blitzed. Now the true definition of a blitz is 6 or more players coming after the QB and the most we sent was 5 so he is technically right but I do think you will see this team going even crazier with sending guys after the QB. They want to force more turnovers and that comes with forcing QB's to act even faster than they did last year.

Bruton was a gunner type. He was fast A to B but lacked fluidity in his hips to really be a great guy in coverage. Simmons isn't as fast a to b as bruton, but he is elite in quickness. add to it his amazing length and saavy... he really could challenge for DROY in this scheme because i think he is going to get a lot of turnovers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruton was a gunner type. He was fast A to B but lacked fluidity in his hips to really be a great guy in coverage. Simmons isn't as fast a to b as bruton, but he is elite in quickness. add to it his amazing length and saavy... he really could challenge for DROY in this scheme because i think he is going to get a lot of turnovers.

Good point. Didn't mean to make it sound like Bruton isn't fast. If I remember right Bruton ran a 4.46 at the combine. So good/great speed like you said. Simmons though is that rare combo of really good hip movement and really great 10 yard split type speed. So turns and gets up to top speed very quickly allowing him to cover a lot of ground in a very short period of time. You throw in he isn't just great in coverage but is very solid as a tackler and he is one of those rare players you can really trust to leave deep by himself and expect him to make quite a few plays.

And I do agree he could easily be in the running for DROY. He should have plenty of opportunities with how much they are already showing they trust him to go out and make a play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season and KC's depth is trash !

It depends on the position. They have depth at some positions and are lacking in others. Just like us.

I would say we are lacking in depth at the TE and OL position big time. We don't know what we have at safety yet although it does look promising. DL depending on Vance Walker's injury could get thin in a hurry. Right now we are already down Taylor and Anunike. So while Crick can start if Walker is down we have no clue now what is behind him. Gotsis showed well in his first game and Kilgo has shown some promise but man that DL with another injury could be hurting real quick.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and SD look weak as hell against the run .. I hope it stays that way .

Since we are not ptobabal going to sign sanders I think long term would be smart to sign Sly ...