• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronco Oline review (the middle part)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely much more excited about the depth we have at OL this year. Even our starting unit felt like we were just kind of piecing things together. So this year looks like a much more cohesive group and more than anything else a group that does a great job of fitting our scheme.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see this O-line in action. They should be vastly improved from what we had last year. It will be interesting to see how the depth chart plays out over the summer and into the season. Fingers crossed here, but it will be nice to see a healthier unit and greater cohesion this year.

RDog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he grows in experience I see Myers becoming a standout guard for years to come. Unfortunately he has to go up against a second round pick from 2015 and a veteran. His situation may make it difficult to lay down roots in Denver which could be a big mistake in a few years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he grows in experience I see Myers becoming a standout guard for years to come. Unfortunately he has to go up against a second round pick from 2015 and a veteran. His situation may make it difficult to lay down roots in Denver which could be a big mistake in a few years.

He can definitely help his cause though if he can show position versatility. To me that will be huge this off season for the OL. They are wanting to only carry 7 game day OL compared to 8 or 9 this past season so that will mean guys that can really move around.

Now most likely they do end up keeping 8 or 9 for the 53-man roster so this is my way too early guess of how this shakes out...

Obvious players making the roster
Okung, Sambrailo, Paradis, Garcia, Stephenson, and McGovern. I don't think you are going to find many who disagree that these 6 for a lock for the roster. So that leaves 2 possibly 3 spots available.

The other 3 we keep will be

Myers, Schofield (hate saying that but we are a little weak at the OT position. My guess is though if one of our OT's goes down that either Sambrailo or McGovern would take their spot), and Dillon Day. From what I understand they are really high on Dillon Day right now and view him kind of like Paradis heading into last season of showing great growth on the practice squad.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about our OL much more this year than last year is we have a younger group that while they will have times that they struggle this year will have some time to really grow together. We have Paradis locked in for a couple more seasons and unless he really blows everybody away shouldn't cost a ton to keep and Garcia, Sambrailo, and McGovern all locked up for the next 3 seasons while also having Stephenson locked up for 3 seasons. So really the LT is the one place that we would need to replace moving forward unless they pick up Okung's option and if that is the case that would mean good chance this entire unit can easily stay together for another 3 seasons. We have seen Kubiak take average players and put them into his system and because they can learn to play well as a unit begin to dominate.

Like I said this year I do expect some struggles early on since well Okung and Sambrailo haven't really gotten any time to work with the others and they are still a very young group. You get to week 8 though and beyond and this team could really start to click in the run game. Can we weather some of the early struggles and lean on our defense to keep us in it?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent commentary by CD above - thanks

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a full Kubiak system or bust game plan this year. I agree with CD that our O-line looks to be much more athletic than last year. Don't forget the renewed commitment to the fullback position. I see a lot more tight end blocking on the line of scrimmage with a fullback wrinkle. The Broncos should be able to spring Anderson (maybe Booker) for some really good runs this year. I can't wait to see what the Broncos have up their sleeves for the 2016 season!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a full Kubiak system or bust game plan this year. I agree with CD that our O-line looks to be much more athletic than last year. Don't forget the renewed commitment to the fullback position. I see a lot more tight end blocking on the line of scrimmage with a fullback wrinkle. The Broncos should be able to spring Anderson (maybe Booker) for some really good runs this year. I can't wait to see what the Broncos have up their sleeves for the 2016 season!

That is the thing is we look much more versatile to actually run Kubiak's scheme. Last year we still had mostly pieces geared towards Manning's system so the new additions to the OL, a couple of athletic TE's, a true FB, some RB's that have actually been in the system and now know when to cut, and an athletic QB at the helm making the backside guy have to stay home. I've been listening to quite a bit of players who have played for Kubiak talk about this offense and it seems most of them love his system because it is one that even though most of the time the defense knows exactly what they are going to do that when it is done properly it is near impossible to stop.

Honestly I think they will pick a starting QB pretty quick into camp to work on consistency with the 1st string. Same with the other positions so that they can gel very quickly. We have 6 new starters this year so makes sense to give them an entire month working together before our first game. I am excited to see though the Panthers not exactly know what we are going to do on offense considering it will be completely different than what they went against in the Super Bowl. Maybe we catch some teams off guard a bit early in the year and get through a pretty tough opening stretch of games.