• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bron bron effect

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, i know dunno about my team drafting Simmons. If he's the Lebron type of player, what does that means? yes he'll put fans back in the arena. Yes he'll take us to a couple of finals. Yes he'll win a couple of MVPs. But, if he's controlling the ball, is their going to be ball movement? Will that jumper be there when it's needed. Will he get frustrated and take his talents elsewhere?

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has regressed since his first stint with the Cavs. He was a monster and then he started to regress during his Heat days and now his second stint with the Cavs.

Young LeBron with current Cavs would = multiple championships.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point......

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons imo is getting such a clear ride as the number one. Great physical specimen but still not refined and certainly not a great shooter. Has the media overhyped him ?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has regressed since his first stint with the Cavs. He was a monster and then he started to regress during his Heat days and now his second stint with the Cavs.

No. You are terribly overrating the Cavs roster. Young LeBron had more energy and athleticism. Old LeBron is smarter, a much better leader and definitely better equipped to deal with the roster of misfits he has. Despite his athletic decline (which has been slightly exaggerated) the current version of LeBron is better equipped to win with this roster than the 2008 version. LeBron's prime years where the athleticism and intelligence fused were in Miami.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is no leader. A true leader makes his teammates better, whereas lebron has had the need to surround himself with an all-star cast to get to the finals.

Jordan made Pippen better
Shaq made Kobe better
Kobe made Gasol better

Pippen and Gasol were all star caliber players but never top 10 players. Wade and Bosh were before Lebron teamed up with them and so were Irving and Love

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is no leader. A true leader makes his teammates better, whereas lebron has had the need to surround himself with an all-star cast to get to the finals.

Jordan made Pippen better
Shaq made Kobe better
Kobe made Gasol better

Pippen and Gasol were all star caliber players but never top 10 players. Wade and Bosh were before Lebron teamed up with them and so were Irving and Love

Neither Irving, or Love had ever been to the playoffs before teaming with LeBron. How in the hell could they be top 10 players? irving might be someday, but Love has proven himself to be an overrated stat stuffer. He is like a rich man's David Lee. He can put up numbers on a bad team, but he will never be the top player on a winning team.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Irving, or Love had ever been to the playoffs before teaming with LeBron. How in the hell could they be top 10 players? irving might be someday, but Love has proven himself to be an overrated stat stuffer. He is like a rich man's David Lee. He can put up numbers on a bad team, but he will never be the top player on a winning team.
Actually similar to Pau Gasol when he was a star at Memphis(even though his numbers didn't drop off as drastically), I think Pau is a much better overall player than Love, but not a #1 on a good team, and both are soft.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And they're both too one dimensional to be considered elite in today's game.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say that Lebron is not a leader is the dumbest most idiotic thing ever. You don't make 6 straight finals without making ur teammates better. And don't give me the east is weak argument. If ur a true knowledgeable sports fan, u know that the east has always been like this. When the Celtics were winning in the 80s, they only had 2 teams to get through. The sixers in the beginning and pistons towards the end. Same thing with Bulls in the 90s. The east always were a 1 or 2 team conference.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would gladly trade my entire roster for a chance to draft the next Lebron.

What with
2 NBA Championships
Rookie of the Year
4 MVPS
2 Finals MVP
12 all NBA teams
5 all NBA defensive teams
6 straight NBA Finals appearances
7 Finals overall
Took a team that had the worst overall record in 2014 to game 6 of the Finals in 2015.

Blind hatred of arguably the 2nd best player who ever stepped foot on the planet is silly.
And he still has probably 4 or 5 good years left.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this in a world where the current GS Warriors do not exist?

Yeah everyone is saying LeBron is why Cleveland is losing. Nothing to do with playing the best team in the NBA, doing what they do which is winning basketball games vs everyone they play.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOBE would have missed the playoffs with the 2007 Cavs roster.

Golden State won 67 game last year.
Golden State won 73 games this year.
They are two of the top 10 greatest teams ever assembled. Nobody else beat them either so far....

The 2014 Spurs team was arguably the best Spurs team in its incredible rich winning history.
I would say they are in the top 10 of all time great teams as well.

Only the 2011 Mavericks can be considered a black eye in the Lebron Finals legacy.
He gagged versus them.

But, the other series were insanely tough opponents all with home court advantage.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOBE would have missed the playoffs with the 2007 Cavs roster.

Golden State won 67 game last year.
Golden State won 73 games this year.
They are two of the top 10 greatest teams ever assembled. Nobody else beat them either so far....

The 2014 Spurs team was arguably the best Spurs team in its incredible rich winning history.
I would say they are in the top 10 of all time great teams as well.

Only the 2011 Mavericks can be considered a black eye in the Lebron Finals legacy.
He gagged versus them.

But, the other series were insanely tough opponents all with home court advantage.

Exactly. It's not LeBron's fault that he keeps running into great teams. Besides the Mavs series, all the other ones went as expected. Patty Mills was superb in the 2014 Finals. He was a difference maker, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What with
2 NBA Championships
Rookie of the Year
4 MVPS
2 Finals MVP
12 all NBA teams
7 Finals overall
Took a team that had the worst overall record in 2014 to game 6 of the Finals in 2015.

Blind hatred of arguably the 2nd best player who ever stepped foot on the planet is silly.

Well, I don't know about YOUR whole roster, but most teams, hell yes!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you serious? Lebron actually was at his peak during his Heat days. His jump shot got better as well as his 3-point shot. After the 2011 Finals, he worked with Hakeem and added a pretty well-rounded post game that helped him get two titles while with the Heat. Lebron's got a ton of miles on his body and he's getting little to no help.

But it's inaccurate to say he started regressing with the Heat, especially when considering he was about 26 or 27 at the prime of his career.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What with
2 NBA Championships
Rookie of the Year
4 MVPS
2 Finals MVP
12 all NBA teams
7 Finals overall

I wouldn't say 2nd best player ever....but he's certainly up there and the resume backs it up.