• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Britt Reid update

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a slightly more recent update:

This is just sad:
kmbc said:
Reid is accused of driving drunk before a serious crash that critically injured a 5-year-old girl.

The girl suffered a brain injury after the Feb. 4 crash near Arrowhead Stadium that has left her unable to speak or walk.

The article also includes a link to the actual charging documents. Reid had a .11 BAC two hours after the crash. Looking at some BAC charts, his claim that he had "3 drinks" is laughable. It was more likely at least 6.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a slightly more recent update:

This is just sad:

The article also includes a link to the actual charging documents. Reid had a .11 BAC two hours after the crash. Looking at some BAC charts, his claim that he had "3 drinks" is laughable. It was more likely at least 6.
For the sake of young people reading, it is possible to blow .11 after 3 drinks.
I never drink and drive. I drink a lot and I drive a lot - but not one drop when I'm driving!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this open the door for Tina Tintors' family to go after the Raiders? Personally I hope it does.
You might be right there. Even though this seems to be more about the Hunts doing right, it will be a precedent set. I have to pause and wonder about this though. Do victims now go after all employers of idiots who make stupid choices? I would have to think most business owners would not like this.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to see him at least taking some responsibility. Hate when they plead not guilty in these situations and try to get out of it. Hopefully he finally learns.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this open the door for Tina Tintors' family to go after the Raiders? Personally I hope it does.
I doubt that would ever win in court.
I think the Chiefs are just doing a stand up thing for the victim.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see him at least taking some responsibility. Hate when they plead not guilty in these situations and try to get out of it. Hopefully he finally learns.
Pleading not guilty initially is not trying to beat the charges, neccessarily.
It uually is done to give the attorney room to maneuver......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleading not guilty initially is not trying to beat the charges, neccessarily.
It uually is done to give the attorney room to maneuver......
True, but to me it is a waste of court time and money. There really isn't much maneuvering on this one. He is guilty, he was drinking, and someone got seriously hurt. To me the better course of action for him is to plead guilty and try to show remorse hoping the courts have some mercy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but to me it is a waste of court time and money. There really isn't much maneuvering on this one. He is guilty, he was drinking, and someone got seriously hurt. To me the better course of action for him is to plead guilty and try to show remorse hoping the courts have some mercy.
If you were ever to find yourself in trouble, hiring a lawyer to say to the judge, "yah, he's guilty. Throw the SOB in jail"

The attorney is not allowed to do this.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were ever to find yourself in trouble, hiring a lawyer to say to the judge, "yah, he's guilty. Throw the SOB in jail"

The attorney is not allowed to do this.

Oh I get how the court system works and I do get why most plead not guilty. I just would rather not see this situation dragged out more than it has to.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it helps to have "friends in high places". Offhand, I'm guessing there may have been a few other people more worth of pardons.

Absolute travesty that this guy gets a get out of jail free pass - I wonder If his family has influence with the governor. If he wasn’t rich, famous and well connected, no chance he would be pardoned. I would love to hear this shithead governor explain why he did this. There is truly no justice in the American “justice system“ - just one set of rules for the wealthy and well connected and another for everyone else.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3