• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breweries closing for coronavirus

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogfish is still brewing. They were even using brewing equipment to make hand sanitizer when it was in short supply. Not sure if the restaurant opened back up again. When they built the glitzy glass-and-chrome place and closed the old traditional bar, and they were bought by Sam Adams the whole atmosphere changed for the worse anyway.

3rd Wave Brewery is gone, bought by Burley Oak, another brewery. But, they were on the market before Covid so I don't think it's a Covid fatality.

Dragon Hops, which I mentioned above, closed early in Covid so I would guess they were in trouble already.

The Iron Hill chain of brewpubs was sold. The beer is still there, but they don't seem to be producing any new beers, and the restaurant only has a little bit of the original menu.

Thompson Island, another brewpub, opened a couple of months before Covid hit, but they are successful even now.
3 years later, an update for historical purposes:

Dogfish is full operation. The brewery and taproom are doing about the same. The restaurant has lost all its old character and serves a pale reminder of the old menu. This isn't Covid related.

3rd Wave has reopened as Loakal Branch, part of Burley Oak.

I don't live near Dragon Hops anymore, so no idea.

Iron Hill seems to be back to normal.

Thompson Island is a big success. The brew good beer, and the food is good, too.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years later, an update for historical purposes:

Dogfish is full operation. The brewery and taproom are doing about the same. The restaurant has lost all its old character and serves a pale reminder of the old menu. This isn't Covid related.

3rd Wave has reopened as Loakal Branch, part of Burley Oak.

I don't live near Dragon Hops anymore, so no idea.

Iron Hill seems to be back to normal.

Thompson Island is a big success. The brew good beer, and the food is good, too.
I went to the Dogfish Brewpub a little while ago, it was still pretty nice. I liked it.

I had gone to the original though and it did have a certain character about it...but the brewery has gotten too big and they needed to expand.