• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Brew Crew @ NY Mets (6/10-12)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- Here are the lineups for the Mets' 7:10 p.m. game against the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday at Citi Field.

Ruben Tejada bats leadoff for the first time since May 29, 2013. Taylor Teagarden last appeared in a major league game Aug. 30 with Baltimore.

Mets
Tejada, ss
Daniel Murphy, 2b
David Wright, 3b
Curtis Granderson, rf
Chris Young, lf
Lucas Duda, 1b
Teagarden, c
Matt den Dekker, cf
Daisuke Matsuzaka, rhp

Brewers
Scooter Gennett, 2b
Ryan Braun, rf
Jonathan Lucroy, c
Carlos Gomez, cf
Aramis Ramirez, 3b
Khris Davis, lf
Lyle Overbay, 1b
Jean Segura, ss
Marco Estrada, rhp

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it in the Books.......Mets win 6-2

Rapid Reaction: Mets 6, Brewers 2 - Mets Blog - ESPN New York

NEW YORK -- Taylor Teagarden’s pregame emphasis before his Mets debut centered on preparing to catch Daisuke Matsuzaka. That ended up working fine, with Matsuzaka limiting the Milwaukee Brewers to one run in six innings.

i

Teagarden
The 30-year-old Teagarden also provided an important blast at the plate, opening a five-run lead in the sixth with a grand slam against Marco Estrada en route to the Mets’ 6-2 win against the Brewers at Citi Field.

Teagarden became the second Mets player ever with a grand slam in his debut with the club, joining Collin Cowgill on Opening Day 2013.

“The thing I was really preparing for is just catching Daisuke more than anything. I really hadn’t caught a full outing of his, even dating back to spring training,” Teagarden said. “So I was really trying to focus on getting on the same page with him. Getting a big knock there in the sixth, that was just icing on the cake.”

Teagarden subsequently was briefed by teammates on the team’s season-long bases-loaded woes. Although the Mets now have three slams this season, they are hitting only .172 (11-for-64) with the bases loaded, even after Teagarden’s shot.

“A couple of guys told me,” Teagarden said. “I don’t know the exact stat, but if I can help get the monkey off the back, whatever it takes.”

As for the fastball from Estrada, Teagarden added: “He had kind of pitched me different every at-bat. The first at-bat was a lot of changeups. The second at-bat he threw his curveball a few times. I think he was trying to sneak a fastball by me -- something he hadn’t really done yet. It just caught a little bit of the plate. I was trying to shorten up and get a base hit. It was just a little bit elevated for me to drive it out to right field.”

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it, if this team is .500 at the end of the year it's a major success. That's not going to happen, the fans need something to appease them. I think he proably makes it to the end of the year and then gets canned.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it, if this team is .500 at the end of the year it's a major success. That's not going to happen, the fans need something to appease them. I think he proably makes it to the end of the year and then gets canned.

Sandy needs to stop dragging his feet just for the sake of friendship or decorum.....and to think, he could have easily signed Bob Melvin 4 yrs ago instead of TC. :L

btw: I agree w/ your finishing .500 statement...but that's a given, after these last 5-6 yrs.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• The Mets had their smallest announced crowd of the season Tuesday ... until they announced an even smaller crowd Wednesday.

• Now it's Thursday. Can they do it three days in a row?

• Yet the Mets still have a chance to win a series from a first-place team, too, if they can find a way to beat the Milwaukee Brewers' top starting pitcher. Kyle Lohse (7-2, 3.27) starts the series finale for the Brewers, against the Mets' Jonathon Niese (3-3, 2.68)

• Ex-Met Francisco Rodriguez pitched the ninth inning for the Brewers on wednesday night, earning his 20th save of the season to tie the Giants' Sergio Romo for the major-league lead. Rodriguez told reporters he'd love to return to the Mets someday, citing unfinished business. Read more in the Post, Newsday and Star Ledger.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get both, EY & Lagares back ....and soon.

NEW YORK --(6/12)-- Eric Young Jr., on the New York Mets' disabled list since May 25 with a right hamstring strain, began a minor league rehabilitation assignment by going 1-for-4 with a walk Thursday afternoon for Class A St. Lucie.

Young played the entire seven-inning game (the first game of a doubleheader) in left field for the St. Lucie Mets.

Young started 34 of the Mets' first 44 games. The Mets are 18-16 in games he has started, and 11-20 in games he hasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night rubber game lineups:

Curtis Granderson is out of the lineup with a sore left calf.

Mets

Daniel Murphy, 2b
Bobby Abreu, rf
David Wright, 3b
Lucas Duda, 1b
Chris Young, cf
Andrew Brown, LF
Wilmer Flores, SS
Anthony Recker, c
Jonathon Niese, lhp

Brewers

Rickie Weeks, 2b
Ryan Braun, rf
Jonathan Lucroy, c
Carlos Gomez, cf
Aramis Ramirez, 3b
Khris Davis, LF
Mark Reynolds, 1b
Jean Segura, SS
Kyle Lohse, RHP

* I can only imagine how many runners Duda & CY will leave on base tonight.....smh