• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking Bad

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI to all fans: AMC is currently showing a BB marathon. I just now found it. Apparently it started at Noon today with the Pilot episode. Right now its in season 2. TUCO FTW!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally just finished the last season. Buddy bought the dvd.

One of the better series' I've ever seen. Good stuff.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally just finished the last season. Buddy bought the dvd.

One of the better series' I've ever seen. Good stuff.

Just curious, what shows do you put it among the best with?

Anyways, just watched a lot of the marathon these past few days. This show just too good.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, what shows do you put it among the best with?

Anyways, just watched a lot of the marathon these past few days. This show just too good.

It may well be the best I've seen.

I'm not a huge TV guy...it takes a lot for me to even start a series like that, let alone, get hooked on it.

I don't know that I've ever "cracked out" so hard on a series....my wife and I watched it all but the last season in less than two weeks...lol. Like a fucking time-machine, there'd be Tuesday nights, where I'd look up at the clock and realize it was after 2am on a work day...shiiiit...guess we better go to bed, eh? :lol:

So, I guess I'd half to rate it AS the best, not one of.....I can't think of any off the top of my head, that I enjoyed more?:think:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a huge TV guy...it takes a lot for me to even start a series like that, let alone, get hooked on it.

I don't know that I've ever "cracked out" so hard on a series....my wife and I watched it all but the last season in less than two weeks...lol. Like a fucking time-machine, there'd be Tuesday nights, where I'd look up at the clock and realize it was after 2am on a work day...shiiiit...guess we better go to bed, eh? :lol:

So, I guess I'd half to rate it AS the best, not one of.....I can't think of any off the top of my head, that I enjoyed more?:think:

Yeah it is fantastic. I was just asking because I like seeing what shows people rate similarly to it so I can find other great ones too watch. BB fans are what got me going on the wire and not looking back.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, I guess I'd have to rate it AS the best, not one of.....I can't think of any off the top of my head, that I enjoyed more?:think:

:L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO! Leave it alone. It was a perfect ending.

This.

What?? "Breaking Bad: Resurrection. He died and what would be the storyline. Getting his fsmily back and running from the law moar

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paroled drug kingpin seeks employment....perhaps him and jesse can disguise themselves as woman to live cheaply in an all womens apartment building in the city....."breaking buddies"

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking Bad ended about as perfectly as possible.

Gilligan let us see a good, decent man turn into something evil. And he did it with just the right pacing, and knew WHEN to end it.

Sure, he could have made more $$$$$ by drawing it out, but he had enough integrity to let the show end where it needed to end.

No more.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Breaking Bad seasons 1-4 were 10/10 tv where season 5 was 8/10

Still good, but a slight disappointment imo

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care if they do more or not....im fine with the ending but i also wouldnt mind seeing WW emerge from jail or some other scenario

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care if they do more or not....im fine with the ending but i also wouldnt mind seeing WW emerge from jail or some other scenario

Can't blame you for wanting more WW, one of my favorite characters of all-time. I'm game, as long as they don't make every episode painfully boring just to stretch out the seasons and cash grabbing (ahem, AMC).

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

where else does the character have to go? redemption? absolution? further corruption?

walter white can't develop any further without jumping the shark. he redeemed himself as much as that character realistically can. he was as close to absolved of all of his evil as that character could possibly hope. any more corruption, and the character would be 100% insane. the great thing about the character was that it was constantly in a state of transformation. pushing it any further would turn it into disingenuous network tv garbage.

gilligan has too much integrity as a storyteller to continue the BB narrative through walter white. i'm confident in that, so this whole discussion is moot. if he does go there, then he's doing it for $$$$, nothing more.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll just have to be satisfied with the upcoming Breaking Bad spinoff prequel series, Better Call Saul:

Better Call Saul (TV Series 2014? ) - IMDb

better-call-saul-amc-season-1-2014-poster-2.jpg

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll just have to be satisfied with the upcoming Breaking Bad spinoff prequel series, Better Call Saul:

Better Call Saul (TV Series 2014? ) - IMDb

better-call-saul-amc-season-1-2014-poster-2.jpg

that show will be garbage if saul drives the narrative. saul is a fun character for sure, but there is zero room for growth.

there could be some good stories there if it focuses mainly on other characters we've never seen before with saul just being his usual slimy, one-dimensional self.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping because I just watched "Ozymandias" again tonight. Hands down one of the best episodes of any show in the history of television. Series finale "Felina" comes on at 11 for anyone that's interested.