• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bread machine

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one on Sunday. I had always stayed away from them because I remember hearing people talk about how big a pain in the ass they are to clean and all sorts of issues. I guess they have come a long way, because it I made some sourdough bread last night and it could not have been any simpler. 3 hours later I had a fresh loaf of sourdough bread, and it tasted awesome.

As I figure out recipes i'll try to post em here. This thing even has a delay setting, so I can pour all the stuff in, set it on a delay, and time it to have fresh baked bread as I wake up. I'm going to try that this weekend, put some sort of cinnamon bread or something in there.

The crazy thing is it has a "jam" setting. I can't imagine how in the hell you make fresh fruit jam in a breadmaker, but I'm sure I'll try it eventually.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you get the sourdough "starter" from Ford?

Store bought. My wife said she wanted sourdough, I didn't have time to make a starter, so just went and bought a mix from the grocery store. It was a King Arthur Flour boxed mix. They have great flour, so I figured their mix was decent too. It was.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one. I never have used it but my wife makes Italian Herb bread that is really yummy.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one on Sunday. I had always stayed away from them because I remember hearing people talk about how big a pain in the ass they are to clean and all sorts of issues. I guess they have come a long way, because it I made some sourdough bread last night and it could not have been any simpler. 3 hours later I had a fresh loaf of sourdough bread, and it tasted awesome.

As I figure out recipes i'll try to post em here. This thing even has a delay setting, so I can pour all the stuff in, set it on a delay, and time it to have fresh baked bread as I wake up. I'm going to try that this weekend, put some sort of cinnamon bread or something in there.

The crazy thing is it has a "jam" setting. I can't imagine how in the hell you make fresh fruit jam in a breadmaker, but I'm sure I'll try it eventually.

Jam is basically just fruit, sugar and pectin reduced down. I would think it would be tough to keep the bread cooked after making jam from absorbing some of the jams lingering taste/smell. Similar to baking cookies in an oven that just roasted garlic.:noidea: