• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Roy

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That would be awesome. Imagine the size the Warriors could have at any point - Roy is 6-6; Klay Thompson is 6-7. Reggie Williams is 6-6; Dorell Wright is 6-7.

Pair any two of those players with Curry or Ellis at point and suddenly the Warriors are a match-up nightmare.

Then there's Udoh at 6-10; Jeremy Tyler at 6-11 and Andris Biedrins at 7-0. The Warriors have not had size like this since before Don Nelson became head coach - the first time in 1988-89.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems very realistic like we could land him. We just have to win the bidding process. Does the mid-level get it done? We would also have to use up our cap space first.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see him as being that much of a difference maker on our team. We have much bigger needs than a back up SG, especially with the addition of Klay. His knees are shot and it seems his good games on the court were few and far between. If we can get him for cheap, he may be a good option to look into, but if there's anything remotely close to a bidding war, I'll steer clear. If Roy wanted to stay on the West Coast, I would say he would take a hard look at the Lakers before he gave us any consideration, especially for a cheap price. He's already getting paid by from the amnesty, and with his limited NBA life span, I would think he'd try to go for a title as a contributing back up.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad move at all. The only way it could work on the court is if Roy didn't log a ton of minutes, however he still would need to start. Roy would need to start, Klay getting alot of pt throughout the rest of the game, then Roy to close the game out. Roy has always been one of the best closers in the NBA through his career.

A move like this would allow us to use the Monta trade for a quality big.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers have said they're going to open with Roy in camp. McMillian said he will be considering starting him. I think they'll keep the Amnesty option open if he performs horribly in camp. Or they could opt to use it for next years crop of FA.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blazers have said they're going to open with Roy in camp. McMillian said he will be considering starting him. I think they'll keep the Amnesty option open if he performs horribly in camp. Or they could opt to use it for next years crop of FA.

Jut my opinion here, but if Roy is not sent packing this week, I think he'll be on the roster all season. The best reason for using the amnesty clause is to get cap space to attract free agents. Since this FA period is so brief due to the lockout, the Blazers would be wasting the amnesty provision by using it on Roy once camp actually begins.