• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Projections

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking this is going to be like the 2004 season, we'll be bowling in January mark it down.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much improvement is needed until this team gets to a bowl game this year. It is possible...but a mountain that must be climbed this year!

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to start by having a great game Saturday...full throttle, beat their dick in the dirt and prepare for the next week

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, the wins are: Mo State, Iowa State, Western Michigan, Minnesota, Purdue and MSU

That's 6 right there...I have to feel after ISU lost to NIU, we should be able to win that game. I am not impressed with Purdue or Mich State or Minny either. So essentially we should beat the unranked teams...that leaves Ohio State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan and Nebraska on the schedule that we have to find a way to beat 1 or 2 of them...my feeling is Wisky and NW are the two most likely to beat, but I think Michigan and Nebraska might be vulnerable as well.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye,

I also agree that Iowa should beat Iowa St - especially after UNI beats ISU. I feel a lot will be riding on the Minnesota and Michigan St games this year. At this point, I think the other games are all going to be losses for Iowa this year.

IF, Iowa gets beat by ISU this year...the team won't get into a bowl game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the games are not "for sure losses". Nebraska struggled to beat fcs Wyoming at home..... After the first week Northwesten looked like the best team in the B1G. Everyone else including OSU looked very beatable! This team will continue to improve as the season continues.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

I would agree, Iowa will improve as the season progresses...they have to. However, so will the other teams on Iowa's schedule this season. I'd really love to see KF have this team playing tough in October and November - like in years past.

Big blowout for Iowa tomorrow - especially in the first half. Would like to see Iowa score at least three TDs in the second half though!

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has Iowa now in the Little Ceasar's Pizza Pizza bowl...

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS still has no bowl, but I think after the Minnesota game, we will be slotted if we win, that is 4-1 and some winnable games left. I do not see the B10 as being a very good conference this year so far, a lot has been exposed on teams. I actually do not feel any one conference is that great other than maybe the Pac 12. Sure the top 2-3 in a lot of conferences are good, but top to bottom even the might SEC has some issues on the bottom.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS has FSU vs A&M. I'd enjoy that game.
ESPN has one guy saying Baylor vs A&M in cotton. that would be a high scoring game!
Scouts has A&M vs OSU in cotton. Would also be fun.

Think A&M could win all three. Would like to kick some more Big12 butt, too.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS still has no bowl, but I think after the Minnesota game, we will be slotted if we win, that is 4-1 and some winnable games left. I do not see the B10 as being a very good conference this year so far, a lot has been exposed on teams. I actually do not feel any one conference is that great other than maybe the Pac 12. Sure the top 2-3 in a lot of conferences are good, but top to bottom even the might SEC has some issues on the bottom.

yeah, well, CBS still has the Cornhuskers playing in the Rose...........

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if we go bowling this year (just yet)...last year after we beat MSU I told my wife we probably wouldn't win another game the rest of the season (I was right)...I see alot of good with this team but the big plays on defense and our late game antics could be a deal breaker for this team...to dominate the last two weeks and have fairly close games is unacceptable...we should be blowing these teams out early in the season and yet Ferentz and Co. still pulls the same bullshit week in and week out...there is no reason this team shouldn't be averaging 38+ points a game so far this year...I was nervous as hell being up 3 TDs with 7 minutes left on Saturday....that's just sad I have that little confidence in this team right now

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa just happens to be in the top 10 in the NATION, in offensive plays per game. Something very very very statistically good about that. Means we are converting 3rd downs, sustaining drives...means the defense is putting the offense back on the field. All of that equates to scoring opportunities. We start converting that to points and if the defense can finish off a game..errr...not like Iowa State...I like our chances. Beat this MAC piece of crap and then Minnesota and get to 4 and 1...win against Mich St. and Purdue...the rest are a crap shoot but I'm with Aaron..8 plus a bowl...9 after...I've said it many times already. And yes, I've also said we would lose to ISU, etc. No..not fully confident yet, but I'm gaining steam. Weisman 3rd most rushing yards in FBS...hmmm...Shonn Greene...Weisman...similarities?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weisman has over 100 yards in each game so far, lets hope he does that in all 13.