• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bosch

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a really solid enjoyable show. Probably nothing that has not been done before, but really good.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosch series final

...was disappointing. Especially the final two episodes that had the feel that the writers took a "let's get this over with" attitude. The episodes seemed rushed while they spent very little time wrapping up some of the story lines, in particular the Billets' and Chief Irving stories. It seemed that the writers were more concerned with setting up the spin off series on IMDB.

Speaking of which, I'm guessing we've seen the last of Jerry Edgar, Crate & Barrell and Mank as well as Billets and Chief Irving. Not sure about Vega, Pierce and Jimmy Robertson.

In the novels, after leaving LAPD, Bosch often dealt with his half brother Mickey Haller, the Lincoln lawyer. Since it has been announced that the Honey Chandler character will return, I guessing that she will replace Mickey in the books where he was involved. In those that featured Rene Ballard, I'm wondering if Pierce will get a larger role since he got the Late Show in Pacific Division. Yet Vega, who got RHD, matches up better with Ballard. Or, it just could be Jimmy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show is moving to Netflix? I had no idea.

I agree that the ending seemed super rushed. They quickly resolved the season-case in an out-of-left-field manner; they abandoned the Reddick political aspirations arc; the gay discrimination thing wrapped up really fast…

I just figured the writers were tired and the show wasn’t extended, so they just did a quick wrap. Now I learn the show IS continuing, and they still “ended” it like that?

Confusing.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that the ending seemed super rushed. They quickly resolved the season-case in an out-of-left-field manner; they abandoned the Reddick political aspirations arc; the gay discrimination thing wrapped up really fast…

I just figured the writers were tired and the show wasn’t extended, so they just did a quick wrap. Now I learn the show IS continuing, and they still “ended” it like that?

Confusing.

Its going to IMDB tv.

And itll be a Bosch/Honey spin off strictly

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Confusing.
Wrapping things up abruptly was not necessarily a new thing for the show. KTK conclusion is a good example. I just watched the first episode of the final season last night though, so I suppose I will get to see it first hand in the coming days.

I already hate they ended the political story line for Irving and replaced it with premature birth.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, maybe Covid affected the story timelines. I thought it was a decent final season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw an ad for the new show “Bosch: Legacy” on FreeVee. Never heard of that service, but I will certainly be checking it out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per IMDB, the first 4 episodes dropped on Friday. For the next 3 Fridays, they will drop 2 additional eps per week. I will wait to binge.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freevee was IMDBtv. Amazon rebranded that service and I believe it is embedded with Prime.

Watched the first 4 episodes. Decent. Felt similar to the original series. TW does a great job as Bosch. Slick production. Had some additional characters back and I assume we will see more pop up. The negatives to me are too many storylines being followed with 3 or 4 or more being addressed every episode, and I think some of these stories are not overly interesting.

The new theme song and intro sucks. Fire the bozo that made that and bring back the original.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freevee was IMDBtv. Amazon rebranded that service and I believe it is embedded with Prime.

Watched the first 4 episodes. Decent. Felt similar to the original series. TW does a great job as Bosch. Slick production. Had some additional characters back and I assume we will see more pop up. The negatives to me are too many storylines being followed with 3 or 4 or more being addressed every episode, and I think some of these stories are not overly interesting.

The new theme song and intro sucks. Fire the bozo that made that and bring back the original.
Is it avail on regular prime? If so, maybe I will check out the pilot.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it avail on regular prime? If so, maybe I will check out the pilot.
I think it is only on FreeVee, but it is embedded in the Prime app on our old Roku box system. So not technically regular Prime I guess?

The other downside since it is fed through FreeVee is that there are adds unless you have an account or some shit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is only on FreeVee, but it is embedded in the Prime app on our old Roku box system. So not technically regular Prime I guess?

The other downside since it is fed through FreeVee is that there are adds unless you have an account or some shit.
I will take a look tonight

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am slowly watching this one. Trying to pace myself so I don’t catch up to “current” and have to wait a full week for new eps.

It is really good. Maybe the best season yet.

But JFC, the commercials are KILLING it for me. No FFing through them. Fuck that. I am not going to watch another season on this fucking service.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m enjoying Legacy. They’re still taking care of Season 7 stuff.

Crate and Barrel make me laugh. I thought Barrel was going to have a heart attack sometime during the series.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Netflix just released The Lincoln Lawyer, which has been good.

I imagine that is the reason they went with Honey Chandler instead of the Lincoln Lawyer.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Netflix just released The Lincoln Lawyer, which has been good.

I imagine that is the reason they went with Honey Chandler instead of the Lincoln Lawyer.
It is a whole spiderman in marvel scenario. The people that have the rights to Bosch don't have the rights to Mickey Haller. In the Lincoln Lawyer a lot of Bosch from the book is done by Griggs for that reason.