• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bosch

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a show on Amazon and it is based off the incredible Harry Bosch series written by Michael Connely (also wrote Lincoln Lawyer and Bloodwork). I have not checked out the series because I want to enjoy the books first but since there are over 20 it may take a bit. I was wondering if anyone has seen it and/or read the booked and what they thought about it. I don't know how it could be a bad show based if it is closely based off the books.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a show on Amazon and it is based off the incredible Harry Bosch series written by Michael Connely (also wrote Lincoln Lawyer and Bloodwork). I have not checked out the series because I want to enjoy the books first but since there are over 20 it may take a bit. I was wondering if anyone has seen it and/or read the booked and what they thought about it. I don't know how it could be a bad show based if it is closely based off the books.

I have read all of the books and watched the first season of the show. I thought it was really done well. Connelly is a great writer and is involved in the series so that probably helps. Titus Welliver is excellent as Bosch. The first season was based on parts of three books ( City of Bones, Echo Park, and The Concrete Blonde), the second season based on three more (Trunk Music, The Drop, and The Last Coyote). So you may be able to watch some without spoiling anything if you read some of the books.

Its just been renewed for a third season.

They change it up a bit, but just in ways that make sense. Bosch is a gulf war vet instead of a Vietnam vet. Stuff like that. Also if it means anything, my wife has not read any of the books and really liked season 1.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read all of the books and watched the first season of the show. I thought it was really done well. Connelly is a great writer and is involved in the series so that probably helps. Titus Welliver is excellent as Bosch. The first season was based on parts of three books ( City of Bones, Echo Park, and The Concrete Blonde), the second season based on three more (Trunk Music, The Drop, and The Last Coyote). So you may be able to watch some without spoiling anything if you read some of the books.

Its just been renewed for a third season.

They change it up a bit, but just in ways that make sense. Bosch is a gulf war vet instead of a Vietnam vet. Stuff like that. Also if it means anything, my wife has not read any of the books and really liked season 1.
Funilly enough I wasn't even a reader but stumbled onto The Drop in a clearance rack. Instantly fell in love with the character and the style of writing. I just finished Concrete Blonde, as someone who took courses on the criminal justice system I found this book to be amazing. Glad to hear from someone who read the books, I read 1-3 and am about to begin book 4. Also thought it was funny they got the guy from the Wire to be Irvin Irving. I know I don't HAVE to read them first but to me I don't want the books spoiled by something slippig out in the series. Glad to hear it is renewed, season one got mixed reviews I believe.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing ground-breaking, but very solid show.

Love the open/credits to the show. My editor geek does.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the first season. Is there a second one yet?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the first season. Is there a second one yet?
Came out recenty I believe. They were bombarding my kindle with advertisements which is how I learned about it. I guess when you have 5 books by the character the show is based off of they know what to advertise.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came out recenty I believe. They were bombarding my kindle with advertisements which is how I learned about it. I guess when you have 5 books by the character the show is based off of they know what to advertise.
There aren't a ton of Amazon originals I would continue and that is one of them. What is the book series that it is based off of called?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't a ton of Amazon originals I would continue and that is one of them. What is the book series that it is based off of called?
They all go by different names and it is called the Harry Bosch series. Book one is The Black Echo, book 2 is Black Ice, and book 3 which I believe is covered in the show is Concrete Blonde. Connely is a former beat writer so all his terminology really draws you in and immerses the reader. I hated reading for a long time because of bad endings and predictable endings. I am 0-3 in trying to perfectly predict the end in the books. Another great thing is if you read them in order you get the full story, but I read the 17th book in the series first and felt like I missed nothing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the way I felt. Nothing that new or different, just a well done show.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way I felt. Nothing that new or different, just a well done show.
You read the books, so you know the books are really not bringing anything new to the table but are incredibly well written. Sounds like I can expect the same for the series.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went check out the credits when I read your post, I dig it. I like that jazz undertone of the song they chose, almost positive it was intentional since Bosch always talks about listening to jazz.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read the books, so you know the books are really not bringing anything new to the table but are incredibly well written. Sounds like I can expect the same for the series.
He really is a great writer who has kept improving as he writes. There have been numerous long series by authors that I have given up on. I still look forward for all of the Bosch books. Mickey Haller books too.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is a great writer who has kept improving as he writes. There have been numerous long series by authors that I have given up on. I still look forward for all of the Bosch books. Mickey Haller books too.
I am very excited for the book where the two meet. I want to read Lincoln Lawyer and Bloodwork for the books where the Bosch crossovers occur. I want to see how the characters are written and understand the way they think and act etc. I find it ironic that Bloodwork and Lincoln Lawyer have movies but it has taken this long for anything with Bosch to be made into a tv show or movie.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is ridiculously good. Amazon Prime required to watch. This show alone is worth the $99.

If you like cop dramas, this is your show.

Oh, and you're in for a pleasant surprise if you have a good surround sound system when the incredible theme song comes on. It kicks ass.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 3 is very good so far. I'm at about episode 7 or so and will probably finish up the season sometime this week.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started to watch it... About 10 minutes into the pilot

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read the books prior to this and I think Titus Welliver is a good Bosch. He was a great "Bagman from Yankton" in Deadwood....

Not sure what it's like though. Haven't seen it. My TVs aren't smart yet and I hate streaming.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard good things about it....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read the books prior to this and I think Titus Welliver is a good Bosch. He was a great "Bagman from Yankton" in Deadwood....

Not sure what it's like though. Haven't seen it. My TVs aren't smart yet and I hate streaming.
Michael Connelly is a great writer/storyteller.