• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Nix

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ime to start draft discussions now that the Broncos are eliminated from playoffs.

Nix is 6’2”, 217, 24 years old by draft

Stats for this year 40 TDs, 3 INTs

77% completion, 4,145 yards

Seeing that we will be in the teens, seems like a potential target.

Thoughts by those who follow college prospects closer than me?
And completed his thesis and was given his PhD.

He's now Dr. Bo Nix PhD.

Can't say he's dumb.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we all are typing in our considerations, consider this. Denver is sitting at #14.

Broncos play the Raiders this Sunday in their finale. Lose this game and you're pretty much secure at #14 or possibly better. Winning the final game could create a problem. Finish at 9-8 and it could push the team as low as #23, all depending on how all of the other 8-8, 9-7, 7-9 teams fare. You all hate to lose, just as us patriots' fans. Losing this weekend would be great................for the 2024 Draft.

You might have to give up that first rounder to get someone to take Wilson and his $85M contract. If you release him, it's going to be a $42.5M hit against the cap in '24 and '25. Gotta trade him and eat at least half of that cash. He's creating a cesspool for the Broncos.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix has everything you want in a QB. what i just watched was a masterclass since Burrow.

don’t make this too hard.

i mean if you look at the success rate of pick #14 in general and weigh that against the injury concerns and weigh that against the ceiling of Penix. if he’s on your board at 14 take him. he won’t be there in the 2nd round.

i think you take the risk unless his injuries have long term affects like arthritis.

were his two acl on the same knee? if not he has no more knees to have an acl.

who has torn his acl twice on the same knee? rarely happens right?

2 years so far of high level college football no injuries.

we have Stiham for 2024. Penix on the roster would tempt Payton for sure. he could sit and learn.

OLine is pretty good for a QB that plays within the structure of the offense.

plus he’s beaten Nix twice this year. Evenly matched teams. trump card right there.

rookie QB is the correct route in 2024.

Payton would have taken Mahomes at 11 but allowed the Chiefs to jump up. if he passes the medicals go get him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we all are typing in our considerations, consider this. Denver is sitting at #14.

Broncos play the Raiders this Sunday in their finale. Lose this game and you're pretty much secure at #14 or possibly better. Winning the final game could create a problem. Finish at 9-8 and it could push the team as low as #23, all depending on how all of the other 8-8, 9-7, 7-9 teams fare. You all hate to lose, just as us patriots' fans. Losing this weekend would be great................for the 2024 Draft.

You might have to give up that first rounder to get someone to take Wilson and his $85M contract. If you release him, it's going to be a $42.5M hit against the cap in '24 and '25. Gotta trade him and eat at least half of that cash. He's creating a cesspool for the Broncos.
denver can’t draft any lower than 32-14 or 19

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lesson #1 when it comes to draft... Heights are never accurate on websites.

Oldest trick in the book with teams. So old I don't know why teams still list players two or three inches taller then they are on websites.

Knowing this for awhile I got a laugh when I received a text from my niece this season. She plays college basketball and she texted me up all surprised and weirded out that the coach listed her two inches taller on the team website. I explained to her every college does that. Everyone basically knows to take two inches off from the listed height website.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix has everything you want in a QB. what i just watched was a masterclass since Burrow.

don’t make this too hard.

i mean if you look at the success rate of pick #14 in general and weigh that against the injury concerns and weigh that against the ceiling of Penix. if he’s on your board at 14 take him. he won’t be there in the 2nd round.

i think you take the risk unless his injuries have long term affects like arthritis.

were his two acl on the same knee? if not he has no more knees to have an acl.

who has torn his acl twice on the same knee? rarely happens right?

2 years so far of high level college football no injuries.

we have Stiham for 2024. Penix on the roster would tempt Payton for sure. he could sit and learn.

OLine is pretty good for a QB that plays within the structure of the offense.

plus he’s beaten Nix twice this year. Evenly matched teams. trump card right there.

rookie QB is the correct route in 2024.

Payton would have taken Mahomes at 11 but allowed the Chiefs to jump up. if he passes the medicals go get him.
This. Penix impresses me in important moments and dropped so many dimes in thigh windows or perfect long balls. I just don't see the same with Nix. Yes his numbers are great, but I just like Penix's make up better. Both with probably be busts though as NFL QB is hard.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix has a ways to go mechanically before he is good NFL QB. His wind up concerns me. He isn't going to have time to do that in the NFL with how much quicker the speed of the game is in the NFL then college. He isn't going to have enough time to sit in the pocket and have that goofy wind up throw that he has. He didn't get the draft grade he wanted last year. I think he upped his stock this year but I think many teams are going to see him as a mechanical nightmare. Others will fall in love with his film. I don't dislike him but I think he has a very high bust potential. I know most QB's do but I feel his is higher then the others in the top group.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Penix impresses me in important moments and dropped so many dimes in thigh windows or perfect long balls. I just don't see the same with Nix. Yes his numbers are great, but I just like Penix's make up better. Both with probably be busts though as NFL QB is hard.

He had arguably the best offensive line in the NCAA this year. Three top receivers that could be taken in rds 1-3, and a good running game. Not to mention fairly weak defenses across the board (and don't throw Texas in there because their DB's are incredibly young and/or injured most of the year).

All that, and both knees with acl replacements and both shoulders plus his age is a no from me.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it changes much but one of his WR's Jalen McMillian missed the majority of the season with reoccurring hamstrings issues. The month off between Pac 12 and playoffs really makes him an X factor for the playoffs. Someone that is very talented but wasn't around for most of the season after a great season last year.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hate seeing Bo Nix on our squad. Would he push Stidham for a starting role? If the Broncos draft a QB in round 1 I'm of the mindset they go all in on that player and start them.
If the Broncos draft a QB in the first round that would demonstrate that Payton has no confidence in Stidham. Of course he would push Stidham. It’s likely he would be the starter out of the gate.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite QB in the draft - he makes very good decisions - throws an accurate and catchable ball - can make all the passes - and runs like a top RB. He is a human specimen, but what stands out is his football situation decision making.

his 40 is 4.7

decent for a qb

bad for a rb

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had arguably the best offensive line in the NCAA this year. Three top receivers that could be taken in rds 1-3, and a good running game. Not to mention fairly weak defenses across the board (and don't throw Texas in there because their DB's are incredibly young and/or injured most of the year).

All that, and both knees with acl replacements and both shoulders plus his age is a no from me.
Washington has a good offensive line, but they are not arguably the best.

There’s no issue with Penix’s past knee injures. Over the years, knee surgeries are not the problem they once were. He’s no more an injury risk than any other QB.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has a good offensive line, but they are not arguably the best.

There’s no issue with Penix’s past knee injures. Over the years, knee surgeries are not the problem they once were. He’s no more an injury risk than any other QB.
Shoulder issues are a bigger worry than his knees. It will come down to his medical evaluation

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos draft a QB in the first round that would demonstrate that Payton has no confidence in Stidham. Of course he would push Stidham. It’s likely he would be the starter out of the gate.
No it wouldn’t. It would demonstrate Payton doesn’t view Stidham as the long term starter. That isn’t the same thing as “no confidence.”

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has shown over the last two seasons that there’s no problems.

Like OC said it will come down to his medical evaluations. No team is not going to do a medical evaluation on a QB with previous injuries based on "He has looked good the las two years".

When it comes to the NFL draft they look into the width of your zits. It's that detailed (ok the zits part is a joke but you get the point. It isn't as simple as "he has looked good", don't worry about it.

One of the NFL agents I know had a long conversation with me one time about how detailed her clients are evaluated. It gets as deep as a player coming from a single mother or two parent family. I was told teams give it a PLUS if a player comes from a single parent family without a father figure in their life... They think it makes the player tougher, more of a man or something along those lines. Had to grow up and be a man faster.

But then there are guys who obviously struggle for direction because of that too.

I know when Lance Kendricks was in the draft a scout once told her they really liked him away from the field because his father owned a construction company and he comes from a hard working family. Then there are some players they give a PLUS to because they come from a single (mother) family and the player had to basically work his tail off and be a father figure to their younger siblings. It gets as deep as what order in the family you are to your siblings and now I am just rambling on but I guess the point is EVERY player gets a full medical evaluation. Injury or not.. So you can bet a guy like Penix is going to be evaluated with his injury history to the 10th degree.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Penix is Byron Leftwich or Jacoby Brissett at the NFL level. I just don't like him enough right now but I am rooting for him in the National Championship adn I hope he does well in the NFL.

The medical stuff is a concern for me but my overall evaluation of him as a prospect isn't glaring and that is just my opinion but I am staying away right now.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldn’t. It would demonstrate Payton doesn’t view Stidham as the long term starter. That isn’t the same thing as “no confidence.”
Yes, it’s saying they have no confidence that Stidham is the replacement for Wilson.

Payton is not starting Stidham to see what he can do. He’s not thinking Stidham can be the guy for any length of time moving on. He’s not starting him to give the team a spark as he claimed. He’s starting him to not risk an injury to Wilson which would limit what they could do with him in the off season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, like iknowftbll was saying....

If he didn't have confidence in Stidham he wouldn't have given him a 2 year 10 m dollar contract. He isn't saying he is pegging him as our future starter. He obviously likes him. You don't sign a guy if you don't have confidence in him nor did he sign him to be our starter..... So he isn't wrong. You are just adding stuff in that he isn't saying.