• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Negative Effect on any Sixer Team Ever?

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Doug Collins the worst thing that happened to the Sixers ever? With one move in the 2010 draft that was completely wrong and idiotic at the time, he sent the Sixers into the death spiral that has now led them to a minimum of a double tank, if not more. Demarcus Cousins was always the right pick at the #2 spot (and I about broke my TV when Sixers took Turner). He played a position the Sixers had no one good at. He dominated college as an 18 year old at a position where it was rare to dominate at that age. He had a temper, but who the hell cares, always take talent. If you couldn't handle the head case then Favors was the easy next call. Instead Doug selects a below average athlete at a position Sixers had tons of depth (Iggy and Young both WAY better than him) who didn't excel in college until he was 22, at a position 18 year olds routinely dominated at. If Sixers take Cousins, maybe they don't get Vucevic in the next draft, but chances are they still would've been picking around 16. Then, since they already had a really good center they don't trade Iggy, Vucevic, and Harkless + picks for Bynum. Then Jrue Holiday also doesn't get shipped out. That team would've had a real shot at being stellar, maybe not championship, but top notch and in the conversation. Instead Doug decided he had to have a shooting guard who could neither shoot nor guard. Well done Doug, in a city with many wasted opportunities you take the cake in my opinion. (And yes I consider this worse than trading Daugherty.) I am excited for Nerlens and Embiid - and even Saric. But I don't have any hopes for MCW being an above average point guard. Wroten will be a great energy guy, as will K.J. McDaniels. Otherwise I don't see how they will be good even in 3 years, unless Durant decides he wants to play in Philly, and I think I am more likely to play for Philly than KD. Sorry for the rant, just really hating Collins right now as I watch Cousins averaging 24-10.5 and Favors with 18-8 while Evan Turner will be out of the league in 2 years.