• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 talking with Cincy

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS I have said, the B12 is killing itself by doing EXACTLY what the BE did, sitting on their hands, now making knee jerk reactions to external forces, JUST AS THE BE did! One of two things will happen in the next 2-3 years, either the PAC comes hard after Texas, OU, OSU, and TT, relegating the B12 to obscurity, OR, the at least an 8 team playoff will be instituted. The B12 will not be relevant for long with the current format.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS I have said, the B12 is killing itself by doing EXACTLY what the BE did, sitting on their hands, now making knee jerk reactions to external forces, JUST AS THE BE did! One of two things will happen in the next 2-3 years, either the PAC comes hard after Texas, OU, OSU, and TT, relegating the B12 to obscurity, OR, the at least an 8 team playoff will be instituted. The B12 will not be relevant for long with the current format.

The B12 will be just fine. they came close to landing two teams in the playoff. Florida state will not go unbeaten every year and Texas and Oklahoma will get in when close. There will be a B12 team in the playoff more years than not. This is nothing like the Big East.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely nothing like the Big East.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 2h2 hours ago
At Big 12 function in NY: no one ever talked to Cincy, OU’s Joe C wasn't at UCF & SMU’s BOR report UM/Cincy getting invites wrong

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy is not getting an invite. There is no way. The only two viable teams to take:BYU and UCF and that'd be an even more geographical disaster then we have now.

To be honest worst case scenario is Texas and OU go to the SEC. That almost impossible now though.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU and UCF are the only two teams that make any sense IMO

Here is a interesting tweet going around:

@TuxedoYoda: Here is the rumor behind Cinci/Memphis. Fedex will pay $50 million annually to be sponsor of B12 title game. This keeps all payouts whole.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what Ive read about how a GOR is so easy to break, If I were the B12, I would be coming HARD for free shoes and Clemson right now, watering down the perception of the league by even talking Cinci and Memphis is not the answer.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what Ive read about how a GOR is so easy to break, If I were the B12, I would be coming HARD for free shoes and Clemson right now, watering down the perception of the league by even talking Cinci and Memphis is not the answer.

I agree, before I jump at BYU and UCF ( which are not bad in my eyes other than geography) I take the time to dig deep into the law book and see if there is any chance in hell that We could get those types first. I have to believe in hind site those two are regretting putting their trust in that conference. I mean less money and now it looks like it will take a magical year to ever get in the playoff. I don't think that would be the case for those two if they were in the Big12 right now.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Dad about the perception of watering down the league with Cincy and Memphis.

BYU and UCF would not do that plus I think they would add the markets we need on the money end. Orlando has the 19th largest market and BYU is a national brand.

If we are going to add four:

Memphis has the number 48 TV market has a home stadium over 60,000. Fed Ex seems to do a lot with the university of Memphis, maybe you get some sort of Oregon thing going...

Cincy has the 34th TV market and a stadium that seats a little over 40,000.

USF has the 13th largest TV market and plays in a stadium with 66,000, plus Florida footprint for recruiting.

I will say I have never liked the Cincy idea....so if I am going to add two it is easily BYU and UCF....if I am going to add four and it does not include teams from ACC then it is BYU-UCF-USF-Memphis.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was going the mid major route, I would go after BYU and Boise, sucks for WVU as they are not any closer, but they are the best names that don't come with long legal battles.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way ucf would leave by themselves....wvu had no choice but to put itself out on an island by itself. i actually think they would only leave if the big12 went all east with their 4 additions(or at the very least 3 of the 4).

best bet is probably to wait out the acc and see who blinks first. if the acc suffers a few one loss team misses like the big12 did this year with baylor and tcu, i could see the acc football powers looking to better their positions.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason the B12 was left out this year was that it was TCU and Baylor, had it been Texas and Oklahoma with the EXACT resumes, at least one of them would have been in, which proves how BS any system other than a TRUE playoff is.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may faint, but I agree with everything you've said in this thread, dad. And +200% on going after FSU and Clemson.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may faint, but I agree with everything you've said in this thread, dad. And +200% on going after FSU and Clemson.

I just don't think this is going to happen.....I also think it was Dad and myself screaming for the Big 12 to do this when we joined the conference before the ACC set their GOR.

It will not hurt adding UCF and BYU in the meantime, if FSU and Clemson come down the road then it is just icing on the cake.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say to foster long term conference stability, it would be worth approaching free shoes and Clemson ready to offer them not only a full share immediately, but maybe more than a full share, plus help with whatever the buyout from the ACC would be. I firmly believe that either the B12 or ACC will be done as a "power" conference sooner rather than later, especially if this BS four team super BSC continues for long. DC, it was indeed you and I saying that, I do not get why the effort wasn't made to grab them up during the time that UMD was bolting, it would have lessened all three of their exit fees, IMO.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see FSU or Clemson leaving the ACC. Both of those teams would be eaten alive in the B12. Right now, they have one of the easiest paths to the playoff.

The addition of Memphis and Cincy with Fed Ex putting in 50 mil each year is intriguing. We could use a couple extra bottom dwellers to keep Kansas and Iowa State company. If we add teams, we need to add value. So long as Texas and Oklahoma make more than they can in other conferences, no worry about them going anywhere. None of the other teams talked about add any value to the conference.

Use the SEC formula. Schedule less conference games, more cupcakes, add in a lower P5 team on the schedule, Like Pitt. Everybody ends up with more wins and better rankings.

Right now the ticket to the playoff is going undefeated(see Florida State). The B12 has too many good teams for anyone to make it through the gauntlet of 9 conference games undefeated. If we had 8 conference games and added some easier conference teams, everybody would have an easier path the playoff.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are teams out there that should be considered here are the two......

BYU....easy...non conference affiliated...

Nebraska....Why..irrelevant in the Big10..they have lost their entire recruiting base with making the move...I would hazard a guess they would jump at a chance to come back home..

Others....Arkansas......Clemson..........Florida State.....Virginia Tech........For the ACC teams listed they have got to want to play in a FOOTBALL conference......