• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big win overshadows Farrell moronic managing

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big win by the Sox was great. Not to be lost was the moronic managing by Farrell. With runners on 1st and second in the 6th, why the hell is Drew not bunting from the start of the AB? does he have a hit in the post season? Why let him swing at all?

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only morons consider Farrell moronic!

Only a moron would agree with Farrell choice to let Drew swing away in an obvious bunt situation. He has done dumb things this year and has gotten away with it because the Sox bail him out.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a moron would agree with Farrell choice to let Drew swing away in an obvious bunt situation. He has done dumb things this year and has gotten away with it because the Sox bail him out.
Even the best managers will make questionable decisions now and then. As even the best teams will lose now and then.

But Farrell made and will continue to make more good decisions than bad. And 90-100 win seasons will
become routine under him. So don't fixate on individual decisions or games.

BEAT St LOUIS, RED SOX! :yahoo:

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the best managers will make questionable decisions now and then. As even the best teams will lose now and then.

But Farrell made and will continue to make more good decisions than bad. And 90-100 win seasons will
become routine under him. So don't fixate on individual decisions or games.

BEAT St LOUIS, RED SOX! :yahoo:

I get that he will make questionable decisions, but when something is so obvious like having Drew bunt was just the right call in every sense. Leaving a pitcher in for an xtra batter is a judgement call but when all the numbers and odds are pointing twards a certain move and you go against the odds and it does not work out.... Its just stupidity

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to be senseless to call John Farrell's managing moronic

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get he loves Drew because of his defense. But he is seriously struggling at the plate.... The Red Sox need offense against the Cardinals. I think he will step it up though.

And every manager makes questionable calls so I would not call him moronic

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move to bring in Morales to face Fielder and Martinez was also a bad move. I mean, I knew Morales was going to walk Fielder. The guy is a wildcard (no pun intended). He needs to come in with no men on base, and a guy ready to back him up in the bullpen.

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to be senseless to call John Farrell's managing moronic

He has done plenty of dumb moves but when you win despite that nobody sees the bad moves. He brought in Breslow to face Avila 4 or 5 and he walked a .200 hitter on 4 pitches?

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has done plenty of dumb moves but when you win despite that nobody sees the bad moves. He brought in Breslow to face Avila 4 or 5 and he walked a .200 hitter on 4 pitches?
He has made more good moves than dumb ones. There's room for debate which ones have been his best,
but some disagreement is unavoidable.

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has made more good moves than dumb ones. There's room for debate which ones have been his best,
but some disagreement is unavoidable.

I guess we will have to wait and see if another obvious situation comes up in the WS to see what he decides to do