• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bianchi out of surgery, breathing on his own

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard about the crash and injury. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. While I'm not much of an open wheel racing fan, I hate to hear about anyone in the racing community getting hurt or killed on the track.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just gonna copy & paste my response from another board

holy crap. I just watched the wreck. I have no clue how he is alive.

I thought the race was already under yellow when he wrecked into the wreck,but the guy in the tower right above where he basically drove under the tractor, the dumb@S$ was still waving the green gflag even while looking down at his wreck. Finally one of the guys (I assume FIA guy) in a blue fire suit climbed up there & then the guy switched it to yellow.

I also heard that Massa was complaining big time the race should be stopped before any of these wrecks happened.
At least once they realized they changed a mans life forever, they decided not to resume the race to conclusion.

I guess I just don't understand FIA rules. Before anyone knew that he wrecked into the wreck (or maybe before it actually happened) They were discussing how the pace car (or whatever they call it) picked up the wrong driver. & if they would have picked up the right driver Button would have won the race. Once they realized they grabbed the wrong guy they let him by, but by then he was 5th. (while others in front were allowed to pit)

Don't understand any of the way they do things. How can a tractor drive onto a track while cars are at speed? & there were two workers on foot there as well. What if the car slid through the workers as well?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is Bianchi was right in front of Sutil when Sutil went off.

He did exactly one more lap and hurtled off at the same spot.

Why did his team not tell him to watch it there. That would not have been coaching, it would have been safety.

And yes, I firmly believe Bianchi is very lucky to be alive. We'll see how close he comes back to normal. That was a huge head shot.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any new news on him?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he ain't going to make a full recovery. His injury was classified as a diffuse lateral neuronal contusions which means his head was crushed on the left side and flattened his brains. I doubt he'll drive again similar to Schumacker. This whole affair was a conflagaration of screw-ups that boggles the imagination.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he ain't going to make a full recovery. His injury was classified as a diffuse lateral neuronal contusions which means his head was crushed on the left side and flattened his brains. I doubt he'll drive again similar to Schumacker. This whole affair was a conflagaration of screw-ups that boggles the imagination.

I suspect his injury is worse than Schumi's.

Hitting a tractor will do that to you.