• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking it so far. BB started slowly too. Odenkirk is a good actor. I think this is going to be a good one.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand how people say they enjoyed BB but yet want to dismiss BCS before it even airs. It the same writer.... :noidea:

great 2nd episode. brought the tenseness early. thought it delivered what the pilot was missing. as soon as saul mention the embezzlement in the desert i told my wife tucos crew was going to go after that money. should be a good story.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way, Cranston owned WW. He created the backstory, he fine tuned everything about his role. And he guided us into hell.

Odenkirk's "Hal" was Saul for most people. First time most everyone saw his face or heard his name. And Im Fairley confident that character grew as the series played out as much for his performance and how it played to audiences as the writers intent. (Could be wrong)

This is BO's turn as WW. He's a producer and Id imagine, will be responsible for much of what comes out of Sauls mouth.

He was a writer on SNL during my favorite era. (Hartman, Lovitz, Spade, Sandler, Farley etc). The dude created "Matt Foley". And he was one of Conans writers when the awesomeness was fresh and new. I've got high hopes for hilarity with this thing.

Along with all the suspense that comes with a main character you know can't die.

You left out MR. SHOW, jerk!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing that gives me hope on this show is that simply put...Gilligan is a genius. He knows how to write a fucking Tv show.

Already the way he intertwined Tuco into it was brilliant.

Not sure if you guys are aware but Tuco was originally supposed to be the main bad guy for all of S2 of BB which means we would not have gotten Gus Fring. A scheduling conflict made them change directions and we got one of the best villians of all time. Gilligan created an iconic villain on a whim.

Most story tellers suck ass when they have to make shit up as they go along.

i'm already pumped for episode 3!!!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing that gives me hope on this show is that simply put...Gilligan is a genius. He knows how to write a fucking Tv show.

Already the way he intertwined Tuco into it was brilliant.

Not sure if you guys are aware but Tuco was originally supposed to be the main bad guy for all of S2 of BB which means we would not have gotten Gus Fring. A scheduling conflict made them change directions and we got one of the best villians of all time. Gilligan created an iconic villain on a whim.

Most story tellers suck ass when they have to make shit up as they go along.

i'm already pumped for episode 3!!!

I don't know about that. I'm guessing Gilligan was going to introduce Gus Fring sooner or later. The scheduling conflict just made it so he had to introduce him earlier than expected. I also heard pinkman was supposed to die in the first season, but the writers strike made him reconsider.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Pinkman was kept around because of the great on screen chemistry with Walt.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. I'm guessing Gilligan was going to introduce Gus Fring sooner or later. The scheduling conflict just made it so he had to introduce him earlier than expected. I also heard pinkman was supposed to die in the first season, but the writers strike made him reconsider.

Nope. Once they realized they couldn't have Tuco they decided to create the anti Tuco. Instead of a lunatic meth head in the meth business. They went with a calm and cold business man who does not get directly involved with his business.

And yup Jesse was intended to die but Pinkman was so awesome in the role and the first season being reduced allowed them to change things.

Gilligan has been great at straying off course and making everything work out, for the better even.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When one of the skateboard twins said to Tuco, "Somebody's gonna pay, Yo", all I could think of is BB and Skinny Pete.:lol:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I think "Jesse Pinkmans Wild Alaskan Adventure" is an open ended option. It's out there. I really think it is.

There are a lot of "outs" for this endevour. Im mean, virtually freakin' endless. (I was so pumped to see that dough being rolled, with that song in the background. Hahaha.)

Is there anyone out there that doesn't want to hear "wwhaat!?!" Or "Biitchh!" a bakers dozen more times? (For real, who doesn't want to see that kid grow up and get to love life?)

Unlike normal, Im buyin' in from the start with this one. I always but in late or afterwards, not this time. Bill Burrs first appearance is gonna whip ass, guaranteed! They laid out background story at the end of BB. Better Call Saul will have Boston episodes, no doubt about it.

I think Jesse is all but a gurantee to show up at some point. Maybe as soon as S2.
I agree, something involving Jesse's rise as "Cap'n Cook" has got to be guaranteed at some point down the line. Choosing to do a show set before, during and after BB was a stroke of genius.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, only seen episode 1 so far but like it a lot.

Odenkirk is a personal favourite. I first noticed him as sleazy agent Stevie Grant in the Larry Sanders Show.

I was a late comer to Breaking Bad and for sure liked the show although the pedestal a lot put it up on isn't quite right to me. I think this show has a lot of potential and will be watching every episode.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Once they realized they couldn't have Tuco they decided to create the anti Tuco. Instead of a lunatic meth head in the meth business. They went with a calm and cold business man who does not get directly involved with his business.

And yup Jesse was intended to die but Pinkman was so awesome in the role and the first season being reduced allowed them to change things.

Gilligan has been great at straying off course and making everything work out, for the better even.

I don't believe that, I would have to question your sources. I think they naturally progressed up in class of criminal, and I think that was the original intention. First it was just cooking meth with pinkman, which quickly went to cooking for tuco, who's a step above pinkman in the class of criminal. Then they progressed to Gus Fring and the cartel which is the top class of criminal. Then they became the top class of criminal. I just don't buy that Gus Fring wasn't pre meditated. Gilligan is a great writer, but he's not THAT great.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a breaking bad-like transformation for Jim/Saul. He's going from a regular lawyer trying to get by, to a sleaze bag lawyer that's rolling in the dough.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a breaking bad-like transformation for Jim/Saul. He's going from a regular lawyer trying to get by, to a sleaze bag lawyer that's rolling in the dough.

I hope so and I'm looking forward to Mike being more involved than validating parking.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinny Pete is basically a guarantee, in the first season he mentions that he went to jail with Tuco, I wonder who their Lawyer was?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saul was a sleazebag even as a kid though. "Slippin' Jimmy"......

I am looking forward to seeing him refine his money making abilities. But there's no transformation to be made as a person. just a move to professional money maker from a novice.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far a very good show and Im looking forward to episode 3.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty good so far. I liked the blk n wht beginning. I was thinking someone was hiding in his room by the window and at the end of the series, he will be whacked. Reminded me of odenkirks movie nebraska the way it was shot.

I thought his mentor was his dad and he just called him by his name. So that was just his mentor huh? Thought he just had a fucked up family.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't wait to see where things go with Mike. Parking attendant to Fring's right hand. Should be interesting.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took a little bit for me to get into BB. I thought it was pretty good for the first episodes