• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Movie Final: L

What is the best "L" movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the best? Use your own criteria.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hero_EB19920925REVIEWS209250302AR.jpg

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chose LOTR, even though Return Of The King is definitely the best of the bunch.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOTR only because I've never seen Last of The Mohicans.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chose LOTR, even though Return Of The King is definitely the best of the bunch.

The stupid ghost army thing ruined that one for me...liked Two Towers the best.
So many cool moments...Gandalf vs. the Balrog...Legolas' swing mount onto Gimli's horse...Saruman's face when his dam is breached...Liv Tyler cleavage shots (maybe just in my fantasies).
Not voting here because I don't think either one is a good choice for best movie, though.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupid ghost army thing ruined that one for me...liked Two Towers the best.
So many cool moments...Gandalf vs. the Balrog...Legolas' swing mount onto Gimli's horse...Saruman's face when his dam is breached...Liv Tyler cleavage shots (maybe just in my fantasies).
Not voting here because I don't think either one is a good choice for best movie, though.

I agree actually. The battle before that was really good.

I thought Miranda Otto was pretty hot in white.

Still like The Fellowship the best. Strider instead of Aragorn. Ian McKellan's best Gandalf (and was robbed of the oscar). The Mines of Moria Great stuff.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree actually. The battle before that was really good.

I thought Miranda Otto was pretty hot in white.

Still like The Fellowship the best. Strider instead of Aragorn. Ian McKellan's best Gandalf (and was robbed of the oscar). The Mines of Moria Great stuff.

When the ghosts swept across the whole battlefield killing everything in seconds...I just thought of all those people who were defending the city who wouldn't have died if Aragorn had shown up with the spirits an hour or so earlier. They didn't need to ride in the ships, ghosts could have just flown to the battle, right?? Just really torpedoed the movie for me...I guess maybe you could argue that the Witchking could have done something about the ghosts (since he was also a spirit) if Merry and Eowyn hadn't already fucked him up.
Miranda was very nice, still would have gone with Liv over her anytime.
Fellowship was great, also loved the whole Moria thing...although the arrival of the Balrog actually SAVING the party was odd. They were completely surrounded by orcs, who then fled when the Flame of Udun started moaning and groaning...still, the battle versus the cave troll, the collapsing steps, and the Balrog itself were all totally awesome.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is not testament to the nerd-epidemic plaguing this great country...:heh:

:stevie:

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is not testament to the nerd-epidemic plaguing this great country...:heh:

:stevie:

I'm not voting here because I didn't like Mohicans and LOTR is a bit too silly for the title.
Great fun, but still silly.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the ghosts swept across the whole battlefield killing everything in seconds...I just thought of all those people who were defending the city who wouldn't have died if Aragorn had shown up with the spirits an hour or so earlier.

And cheapened the epic battle we just saw. Yep. I think they were trying the keep the movie under 4 hours! ;)

They didn't need to ride in the ships, ghosts could have just flown to the battle, right?? Just really torpedoed the movie for me...I guess maybe you could argue that the Witchking could have done something about the ghosts (since he was also a spirit) if Merry and Eowyn hadn't already fucked him up.
Miranda was very nice, still would have gone with Liv over her anytime.
Fellowship was great, also loved the whole Moria thing...although the arrival of the Balrog actually SAVING the party was odd. They were completely surrounded by orcs, who then fled when the Flame of Udun started moaning and groaning...still, the battle versus the cave troll, the collapsing steps, and the Balrog itself were all totally awesome.

Yep. Also a little artistic license to move the movie along. But still great. That was a great segment. I thought McKellan's portrayal of Gandalf in the Fellowship was outstanding and I liked that Gandalf over the resurrected Gandalf. In general the Fellowship movie was less grandious then the following movies. At that point it still was just the small Fellowship of heroes against the Evil of the world and I liked that more.

Clearly Aragorn was a noble man because he could have had both Eowyn and Arwen naked, together, at the same time.. :nono:

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Aragorn was a noble man because he could have had both Eowyn and Arwen naked, together, at the same time.. :nono:

Strider should have also had naked dwarf, hobbit, and orc women there in the spirit of racial togetherness...
:photo: