• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best matchups for week 17

who ya got??

• Total voters

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a pretty safe bet. The Broncos have barely blown out anybody this year. They seem to play up or down to their competition. Now with this being such an important we shall see but it does seem that Kubiak is not one for really putting the foot to the throat of an opponent.
...I see many ''close-games'' today........pats might even play close to the vest in the 4th/today.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets Bills, the contrast of QB's and coaching

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chances of Carolina losing to the Bucks is VERY slim .... The last thing AZ wants to do is get one of there good players hurt prior to the playoffs, the #1 or #2 seed is a good position.... As far as Seattle, it doesn't matter who we draw really... Green Bay is probably the most dangerous team at Lambeau .... But Minny or WA is a push ....

Sound logic, but this is Bruce Arians. Does have the ability to take his foot off the gas? To his detriment, he may not.

I also think Seattle would much rather play Washington. It's easy to foresee a scenario where GB beats them and MN beats them, but less so that Kirk Cousins does.

We shall find out soon.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets/Bills--Fans of so many teams will be paying attention to this one.

You would think that NE fans would be all over this one, but..........meh

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. So you have Denver losing today then? Care to venture why? I'm not saying it can't happen and honestly I am nervous as I am for any game really but the more I hear of the chaos that is San Diego right now with the players being upset with the coaching staff and ownership, the team not even knowing where they are playing next year, them IR'ing a ton of their star players over the last 10 days even though they are not hurt. Looking at the injury report for this week the Starting LT, LG, Center all could be not playing in this game. The back up LT could be out as well. This with the Broncos saying that DeMarcus Ware will finally be given full clearance to be a full time starter once again as they have been easing him back these past few weeks but are now ready to unleash him.

Well as you have already seen, Denver was losing with Brock and their 5 turnovers...And all reports were that PM would not play under any circumstances, but when the man came in, everything changed as you could see, his experience turned the game around and won it for you....
If I would have known he was playing, I would have picked them to win, Brock is not there yet.....
Although I would like to see PM get another Lombardi, I am just as adamant that I don't want to see Mr Ed and Kubes the liar get one....
But regardless of that, They aren't going to be able to run like that on good teams in the playoffs, and that plus PM's ability to sniff out the blitz and audible at the line is clearly what won the game against a bad D and mediocre O...I still think they are 1 and done in playoffs because everyone but Pitts has a stout D and their high powered O makes up for it as you have already seen....KC or Houston will stifle your O....IMO

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as you have already seen, Denver was losing with Brock and their 5 turnovers...And all reports were that PM would not play under any circumstances, but when the man came in, everything changed as you could see, his experience turned the game around and won it for you....
If I would have known he was playing, I would have picked them to win, Brock is not there yet.....
Although I would like to see PM get another Lombardi, I am just as adamant that I don't want to see Mr Ed and Kubes the liar get one....
But regardless of that, They aren't going to be able to run like that on good teams in the playoffs, and that plus PM's ability to sniff out the blitz and audible at the line is clearly what won the game against a bad D and mediocre O...I still think they are 1 and done in playoffs because everyone but Pitts has a stout D and their high powered O makes up for it as you have already seen....KC or Houston will stifle your O....IMO

I think Brock is there. I would say 4 of those 5 turnovers were nowhere near his fault. His team was letting him down. That game should have been something like 28-3 at half time. Yes Manning provided a spark but I wouldn't say it was much of what Manning did beyond his playcalling. His actual throws looked still pretty weak to me but he got us in the right play call and the run game really took over.

As for us being one and done you could be right. I would say I have never seen a more unsure AFC Field in my life. I could make a case for 5 of the 6 teams of why I think they make the Super Bowl. I will say though that defense really pays off in the playoffs and right now no team in the playoffs has a better defense than Denver. If they can keep from turning the ball over 5 times I think they stand a very good chance against any team they go up against.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brock is there. I would say 4 of those 5 turnovers were nowhere near his fault. His team was letting him down. That game should have been something like 28-3 at half time. Yes Manning provided a spark but I wouldn't say it was much of what Manning did beyond his playcalling. His actual throws looked still pretty weak to me but he got us in the right play call and the run game really took over.

As for us being one and done you could be right. I would say I have never seen a more unsure AFC Field in my life. I could make a case for 5 of the 6 teams of why I think they make the Super Bowl. I will say though that defense really pays off in the playoffs and right now no team in the playoffs has a better defense than Denver. If they can keep from turning the ball over 5 times I think they stand a very good chance against any team they go up against.

Denver's D is ranked #4 according to the NFL report yesterday, so there are at least 3 better....
I would say Houston, Seattle, Carolina, and maybe Arizona/KC is better also...
Especially with Ware out yet again....Remember I told you he wouldn't last the season....

Congrats on the #1 seed.......With PM out all that time, that is amazing !!:yo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's D is ranked #4 according to the NFL report yesterday, so there are at least 3 better....
I would say Houston, Seattle, Carolina, and maybe Arizona/KC is better also...
Especially with Ware out yet again....Remember I told you he wouldn't last the season....

Congrats on the #1 seed.......With PM out all that time, that is amazing !!:yo:

I guess it depends what stat you look at. The Broncos are #1 in total defense (that is yards per game), #1 in pass defense, #1 in sacks, #4 in scoring defense. Now have to remember that with scoring defense that includes any of the pick 6's that Manning threw early in the year. So actual points given up by the defense alone the Broncos are #1 in that category.

Also Ware's injury from what I understand is not going to be serious enough to keep him out of any game.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends what stat you look at. The Broncos are #1 in total defense (that is yards per game), #1 in pass defense, #1 in sacks, #4 in scoring defense. Now have to remember that with scoring defense that includes any of the pick 6's that Manning threw early in the year. So actual points given up by the defense alone the Broncos are #1 in that category.

Also Ware's injury from what I understand is not going to be serious enough to keep him out of any game.

I am not a stat guy, but I know that for a D to carry you to a SB, they have to a stifling D and Pitts put up 34 on them, KC 24 and then 29 the second time....Heck the Browns put up 23 and the Colts 27, that is not a safe bet of a D that can carry you to the pinnacle IMO....Very Good, not great....
And Ware has been rehabbing from an injury anyway with limited play and left the game hurt again yesterday...
I wouldn't count on him, but that other guy Von Miller is a beast no doubt.....
And if Brock was there, they wouldn't have had to send PM in to save the day....I'm just sayin'

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a stat guy, but I know that for a D to carry you to a SB, they have to a stifling D and Pitts put up 34 on them, KC 24 and then 29 the second time....Heck the Browns put up 23 and the Colts 27, that is not a safe bet of a D that can carry you to the pinnacle IMO....Very Good, not great....
And Ware has been rehabbing from an injury anyway with limited play and left the game hurt again yesterday...
I wouldn't count on him, but that other guy Von Miller is a beast no doubt.....
And if Brock was there, they wouldn't have had to send PM in to save the day....I'm just sayin'

Peyton himself said "all I did was hand the football off." A high school QB could have done what Manning did in the actual playing part of it. Turnovers are why Brock sat even though 4 of the 5 I would say are nowhere near his fault. Anyway we could go back and forth on this stuff all we want.

As for the defense I guess you have your opinion and I have mine. Yes they have had a few bad games but crazy thing in most of those they were also missing key starters. Those were also the games that they had their worst turnovers on offense. Crazy how turning the ball over on offense leads to the defense allowing more points.

Anyway we will just have to see what happens. I honestly have no prediction for what will happen to the Broncos. Them getting home field throughout the playoffs makes me feel a bit better. Throw in the fact that they beat the #2 and #3 seed at home. AT the same time I won't feel good about whoever we face in the divisional round or really any round. It is the playoffs where everybody has earned their way in and have a reason why they are there.