• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs Panthers

Who Dey?

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Bengals by 1-6 points

• Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panthers by 1-6 points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panthers by 7 or more

• Total voters

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank reich is available we could hire him as a scout and promote him when these idiots run the offense into the ground.
Have you watched many Colts games? I think I'd rather have Bratkowski back.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Frank ever since that masterful comeback against the Oilers.

:)

I'm pretty sure the Colts are terrible with or without him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things I noticed in this game:

Mixon being a bit more decisive in his runs, but I think that came with this fact:

OL was actually pulling and creating space. Not just trying to block straight ahead and failing. The pull and pin plays were working very well. Now that it is on tape, it will be up to them to ensure they continue to get positive momentum out of those plays.

That being said - if they did finally get a way to get positive returns in the running game, Burrow is showing he can still make you pay without Chase in the passing game - once he returns....the offense *should* be on track finally. Shame it'll take nearly 12 games to get there.

Defensively - there are some real concerns losing Cheeto. Kudos to Apple for stepping up in that past game, but he's going to have to continue to do so - and now that Hill is listed as week-to-week with a shoulder - the depth is even thinner (though I know he was more safety than DB - but still). Lou continues to cook up schemes to cover on defense. They may not be as good as they were to start the year, but it could be finally time for the offense to start helping the defense out a bit after the defense carrying this team for nearly 90% of this season to this point.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mixon being a bit more decisive in his runs, but I think that came with this fact:

OL was actually pulling and creating space. Not just trying to block straight ahead and failing. The pull and pin plays were working very well. Now that it is on tape, it will be up to them to ensure they continue to get positive momentum out of those plays.

That being said - if they did finally get a way to get positive returns in the running game, Burrow is showing he can still make you pay without Chase in the passing game - once he returns....the offense *should* be on track finally. Shame it'll take nearly 12 games to get there.

Defensively - there are some real concerns losing Cheeto. Kudos to Apple for stepping up in that past game, but he's going to have to continue to do so - and now that Hill is listed as week-to-week with a shoulder - the depth is even thinner (though I know he was more safety than DB - but still). Lou continues to cook up schemes to cover on defense. They may not be as good as they were to start the year, but it could be finally time for the offense to start helping the defense out a bit after the defense carrying this team for nearly 90% of this season to this point.
I think if Reader and Hendrickson are healthy, we'll be okay in the secondary. If Lou can drop his DBs into various coverages and still rely on the front 7 to stop the run and the front 4 or 5 to get pressure on the QB, his defense can absorb the blow of losing a great corner. But if Hendrickson is slowed by injury and DJ doesn't make it back to form, Lou will have to switch the D a little and that could lead to some issues. Some of that was apparent against Cleveland - They were doing a lot of different run stunt stuff, leaving guys in man coverage on D.... And they weren't getting home on Jacoby.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other thing I noticed with the offense was the blocking of the receivers and the blocking of Wilcox. I think Zac reliance on 11 personnel and Drew Sample's injury hurt the running game in the first few weeks. Seems like they are more comfortable showing two tight ends (or even 3) and Wilcox is doing a nice job. Oh, and Stanley Morgan basically blocks like a tight end..... One of these games they need to send him deep on play action - He'll be wide open as they only run it when he's in the game.