• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals @ Raiders - Week 1

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really gave us the hard sell on that team..... Can't wait to hear your case for Cleveland.

The only shitty teams left are Cleveland and SanFran....maybe Houston. This schedule is disgusting.

I can't wait to talk up Manziel.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True..... I've sort of ignored how tough the schedule is because we always think it's going to be tough and then a few teams unexpectedly suck. But after watching week 1 and then looking at the teams we have to play, this is going to be a tough year. 9-7 might win our division.

Manning might be finished.... And I can easily see a Gary Kubiak team quit down the stretch so that might be good for us.

The Texans stink.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we looked pretty damn good on all sides of the ball besides the boneheaded idiocy of a couple of our DB's (Iloka and Jones). Really lucky Jones didn't get ejected from the game. Hope he has been saving some money, cause the huge fine is coming...thinking like $25,000.

Dalton looked different than last year. Seemed more in control, more confident. Of course that is one damn game, but if he can manage that type of performance..at least from the standpoint of his accuracy and confidence, he could have a really good year.

Green's drop in the end zone made me cuss a little after backing him all week, but still believe he was worth the "Green".

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team looked great. So how long is Adam Jones going to be out after that dipshit move with Cooper?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should be out at least a few to several games. maybe 4, unless they are sick of him, then maybe the whole season. at least when Suh kicked the guy this week it looked like it could be an accident, Jones just looked like WTF?!

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I wish we could play the Raiders every Sunday. We looked like a Super Bowl contender. Which we all know isn't the case.

That said, very much impressed with the balance and efficiency of the offense. Eifert appears to be the real deal. Here's to hoping he stays healthy. Hill wasnt as productive as we usually expect, but should be a beast all season long. Gio looked good as the change of pace, had like 6-7 catches. Green needs to catch the fucking ball. That dropped TD was inexcusable. Dalton threw a perfect pass right in the bread basket.

Speaking of Dalton, most poised and efficient day he's had in ages. He was accurate, decisive. Not getting my hopes up though. It was a day game in Oakland. Let's see what happens when the lights come on.

Jury is still out on the defense. Like I said, it's the Raiders. Not many more Matt McGloins on the schedule. Geno looks outstanding. Other than that we'll have to wait and see. Pacman Jones is a fucking idiot. No effing idea how he wasn't ejected and suspended for the altercation with Amari Cooper.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Dalton, most poised and efficient day he's had in ages. He was accurate, decisive. Not getting my hopes up though. It was a day game in Oakland. Let's see what happens when the lights come on.

This game was barely covered regionally. That's why he played halfway decent.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense was fantastic. Yes, they were playing a limited offense..... But they didn't let them breath for the first 3 quarters. The defensive backs were consistently in the right position and we didn't miss tackles. They looked like a Zimmer unit - Not the same D that underperformed at times last season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the media stories have to do with Adam Jones personal foul and our taunting penalties.

Imagine how much dirtier we'd be if Burfict were healthy!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense was fantastic. Yes, they were playing a limited offense..... But they didn't let them breath for the first 3 quarters. The defensive backs were consistently in the right position and we didn't miss tackles. They looked like a Zimmer unit - Not the same D that underperformed at times last season.
The depth is the key. Being able to rotate the DT's and DE's to keep everyone fresh, as they were able to under Zimmer, I think is going to be a big key. Especially later in the year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the media stories have to do with Adam Jones personal foul and our taunting penalties.

You know what's funny...he's had how many on field issues since he's been here, this one and what??? Maybe 1 other one? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Yet, he's being treated like he's Suh and does this routinely.

I get everyone still sees the strip club issues and the past acts, and those things are going to follow him forever. However, it's silly to try and put this one on field issue in the same category as being a flat out dirty player. Hilarious.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love it. I loved the way the Raiders were back in the 80's before the league got soft. I like the intimidation, a little bit dirty. I want opposing teams coming in thinking about how not to get their head slammed into a helmet. Think twice about coming over the middle for a catch, because we will take your fucking head off.

Granted, I am not saying we should have penalties like that every week that prevent us from stopping opposing teams on 3rd down and giving them automatic first downs. However, I think a little bit of "dirtiness" needs to be part of the team mantra.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. I loved the way the Raiders were back in the 80's before the league got soft. I like the intimidation, a little bit dirty. I want opposing teams coming in thinking about how not to get their head slammed into a helmet. Think twice about coming over the middle for a catch, because we will take your fucking head off.

Granted, I am not saying we should have penalties like that every week that prevent us from stopping opposing teams on 3rd down and giving them automatic first downs. However, I think a little bit of "dirtiness" needs to be part of the team mantra.

I did like how physical they were.... Particularly the defensive backs. Iloka had a big hit and Dennard had a big hit in garbage time.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like how we went into prevent mode the entire 4th quarter. Playing our DB's way off the line of scrimmage instead of getting our hands on the WR's at the line and redirecting them like we were in the first 3 quarters. I mean we were up 33 to 0 and were man handling them with that method for 45 minutes...go ahead and just let them see if they can shut them out through 60 doing the same thing. I wanted to see us be physical and in their face the entire game, not just 3 quarters. That was disappointing as I was hoping for the shutout but I am glad we won convincingly. We are not going to just be able to play 3 quarters each week, and it will come down to the wire and our guys need to be ready to Play 60.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like how we went into prevent mode the entire 4th quarter. Playing our DB's way off the line of scrimmage instead of getting our hands on the WR's at the line and redirecting them like we were in the first 3 quarters. I mean we were up 33 to 0 and were man handling them with that method for 45 minutes...go ahead and just let them see if they can shut them out through 60 doing the same thing. I wanted to see us be physical and in their face the entire game, not just 3 quarters. That was disappointing as I was hoping for the shutout but I am glad we won convincingly. We are not going to just be able to play 3 quarters each week, and it will come down to the wire and our guys need to be ready to Play 60.

The game was over.... No point in worrying about the 4th quarter. Just keep the ball in front of you and let them run the clock. There are no polls in the NFL - No points for style.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was over.... No point in worrying about the 4th quarter. Just keep the ball in front of you and let them run the clock. There are no polls in the NFL - No points for style.

I guess that is true. I just hate the prevent unless there is like less than two minutes, the opposing team has no timeouts, and they have to move the length of the field and they are down by more than a TD.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny bump here...

We're 7-0. Our schedule isn't tough at all as we all expected it was. We're perfectly healthy. The Raiders are actually very good (as I said tyvm).

We're actually good. I can't believe it.