• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals/Bears game thread

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to be fine guys. Most of us thought we'd lose this one anyway. The protection held up well with Collins at LT. I'm no Dalton supporter but I thought he played well today. Good enough to win. The turnovers killed us as usual. Somebody needs to give Marv a ball of yarn to play with on the sideline, and let Gruden or Zim manage the game. The misused timeouts are unacceptable.

That said, we better wax the Steelers next Monday.

I think the Bears are the better team and I assumed we'd lose all along. I had this as one of our 8 losses. The reason I'm so pissed is that we just gave this one away. 9-7 might win this division.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case in point regarding Dalton: Just look at his last throw of the game on 3rd down. He makes his first read and then just fires. He had no idea the LB was closing in on the passing lane. It was a poor decision to attempt that pass. The better QB's in the league see that and go elsewhere. Those are the little things people like Crash willingly choose not to grasp.

There are a lot of issues with Dalton that Gruden and Green are able to cover up.

And I do not recall a single pass into tight coverage by Dalton. Heck, there were a number of passes Cutler not only attempted but completed that while watching I thought there's no way Dalton can do it.

Dalton also sat on the bench for a majority of the 4th quarter. Hard to stay in a groove and all the momentum had shifted to the Bears by the time he had that last throw.

Harrison calle the first timeout in the fourth, and Burfict called the second. Marv has position coaches on his staff that is supposed to get the right guys on and off the field based on coverage calls by Zimmer. Those timeouts were not Marvins fault, it was the position coaches not getting the right guys on the field, and then the players who called timeout. If you are goign to call 2 timeouts on 1 play, you need to not allow a 25 yard TD pass the next play. Otherwise save the freaking timeouts.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case in point regarding Dalton: Just look at his last throw of the game on 3rd down. He makes his first read and then just fires. He had no idea the LB was closing in on the passing lane. It was a poor decision to attempt that pass. The better QB's in the league see that and go elsewhere. Those are the little things people like Crash willingly choose not to grasp.

There are a lot of issues with Dalton that Gruden and Green are able to cover up.

And I do not recall a single pass into tight coverage by Dalton. Heck, there were a number of passes Cutler not only attempted but completed that while watching I thought there's no way Dalton can do it.

Bonafide fucking hater. That is all there is too it.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears are the better team and I assumed we'd lose all along. I had this as one of our 8 losses. The reason I'm so pissed is that we just gave this one away. 9-7 might win this division.

This team is much better than last year with Harrison, Iloka, Bernard and Eifert.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We're going to be fine guys. Most of us thought we'd lose this one anyway. The protection held up well with Collins at LT. I'm no Dalton supporter but I thought he played well today. Good enough to win. The turnovers killed us as usual. Somebody needs to give Marv a ball of yarn to play with on the sideline, and let Gruden or Zim manage the game. The misused timeouts are unacceptable.

That said, we better wax the Steelers next Monday.

Agreed. Our defense still looks good, the offense has too many weapons and the man to implement them, and a division on the down-swing.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing everyone else today, I don't doubt that we can win the division

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Our defense still looks good, the offense has too many weapons and the man to implement them, and a division on the down-swing.

Defense could hardly stop a 3rd down at all today. How many punts did the Bears have? Cutler had all day to throw today. He just sat back there and did what he wanted. He could have grilled some ribs, ate dinner, waited 30 minutes for his food to settle and then got up and just ho-hummed it to whoever he wanted to.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so angry?

I am not angry at all. You are just a bonafide fucking hater, that is all there is to it. It is cool, if that is your thing, then far be it from me to judge you. I am a homer I suppose, and you are a hater. Pretty simple to see.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you guys win the division. After reading most of the posts here. Dalton didn't hurt your team. 2 costly penalties did. Tre's, which allowed the deciding FG, & Malalugas( spelling?) at the end of the game, which allowed us to run out the clock.
Time outs could have been managed better by both teams. Though not having the right personnel on the field , should be directed @ the coaches involved.
I posted a game 1 thread here, and read how Geno Atkins would destroy the Bears by himself. Was he active for this game? :lol:Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Hope you guys inflict some pain on Pitt. next week ( We have them the week after).
Again still like your team. And I thought it was 1 hell of a game. I know you guys see it differently.
Probably my last post on your board . And I will say it's 1 of the better 1's I've visited.
Good Luck the rest of the way.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turnovers on offense, the fumble and the INT that hit Green in the hands really hurt. Dalton's bad decision to throw hurt too, but that was a timing pattern and the CB just read it and jumped the spot. It was a great play by the CB.

The defense sucked. Outside of stopping Forte for the most part rushing, they couldn't get off the field. 3rd and 17, 1st down. 1st and 20, gave up a 18 yard run to Cutler...etc...etc.. Bears were 6-14 on 3rd down, but the big gains also came on 2nd down plays where they had 1st and 15, and would pick up 13-15-17 yards.

Also, someone should tell Zimmer if he's going to blitz...make sure his CB's aren't lined up 14 yards off the WR, otherwise, the blitz doesn't do a damned thing. I counted at least 3 times where the Bengals blitzed, and a quick pass negated the blitz because the CB was 8 yards or more off the WR. I thought I was watching Artell Hawkins out there again for a minute.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The turnovers on offense, the fumble and the INT that hit Green in the hands really hurt. Dalton's bad decision to throw hurt too, but that was a timing pattern and the CB just read it and jumped the spot. It was a great play by the CB.

The defense sucked. Outside of stopping Forte for the most part rushing, they couldn't get off the field. 3rd and 17, 1st down. 1st and 20, gave up a 18 yard run to Cutler...etc...etc.. Bears were 6-14 on 3rd down, but the big gains also came on 2nd down plays where they had 1st and 15, and would pick up 13-15-17 yards.

Also, someone should tell Zimmer if he's going to blitz...make sure his CB's aren't lined up 14 yards off the WR, otherwise, the blitz doesn't do a damned thing. I counted at least 3 times where the Bengals blitzed, and a quick pass negated the blitz because the CB was 8 yards or more off the WR. I thought I was watching Artell Hawkins out there again for a minute.

agree

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you guys win the division. After reading most of the posts here. Dalton didn't hurt your team. 2 costly penalties did. Tre's, which allowed the deciding FG, & Malalugas( spelling?) at the end of the game, which allowed us to run out the clock.
Time outs could have been managed better by both teams. Though not having the right personnel on the field , should be directed @ the coaches involved.
I posted a game 1 thread here, and read how Geno Atkins would destroy the Bears by himself. Was he active for this game? :lol:Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Hope you guys inflict some pain on Pitt. next week ( We have them the week after).
Again still like your team. And I thought it was 1 hell of a game. I know you guys see it differently.
Probably my last post on your board . And I will say it's 1 of the better 1's I've visited.
Good Luck the rest of the way.

In the end, Cutler played a great game, and was the difference maker for the Bears. Their pass protection was also surprisingly good. But Cutler was the difference. Bears fans should get off his back.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turn the ball over 3+ times and you're not going to win. It's pretty fucking simple.