• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 for 1 Simmons deal ain't happening. He's not that good if you are looking for a top player in return

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got harden and brown for Simmons, green, bassey and two firsts
Not sure they need to include more than just Harden. Sub Curry for Green and that seems fair though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny would take him as well
Minny is the team as thinking of…but what to do they have to offer. Not more than Harden. Sac and Atl have more to offer imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't that good to get a Dame, Harden, or even Brown type of player for him straight up.

Harden is a bad month or two away from being in Russ category as a bad contract.

Brooklyn should take what they can get as long as the package includes Simmons.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is a bad month or two away from being in Russ category as a bad contract.

Brooklyn should take what they can get as long as the package includes Simmons.

Im not doing a straight up deal. They dont need a star in return. I would rather trade harden elsewhere if it can get me 2 or 3 really good players

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are looking at things the wrong way.

It's not a question of whether Simmons is as good as Harden. He isn't.

The question is how many teams would be willing to trade for 32 year old James Harden and then pay him 40 million a year for the next 3-4 years? How many teams would Harden be willing to even play for?

Harden's trade value is based on what teams would be willing to give up to get him, not what his impact on the court is.

A lot of the people were saying that the Sixers were being unreasonable about Simmons and that they should be happy to get pennies on the dollar and there was no way that they would get a big time asset in return. Now the argument is that if they make a move for Harden they have to give Simmons plus 3 first rounds picks PLUS another valuable asset? Yeah, no.

Harden already listed out the teams he was willing to play for. Sixers, Nets, Bucks and Heat. He's not going to SacTown or Charlotte or some place like that. MAYBE a team like the Celtics could make a move but hard to see what they could offer the Nets that would be better than Simmons outside of their big 2 which would make sense to trade.
More teams than you believe. BKN doesn’t have a lot of leverage but Philly has no leverage. If they can’t trade Simmons they are stuck with him. Simmons + Curry isn’t asking too much but the issue is Morey, he thinks he has all the leverage and he doesn’t.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because the Sixers have to give up more assets to trade him?
So you are saying if it’s a Simmons + Curry deal that Curry is the dealbreaker. I get it, he is sharpshooter but the Mavs gave him up for Richardson and he is 31. If Philly keeps Maxey, Thybulle it’s a success. Maxey’s emergence makes up for the Curry loss.

But honestly, I would not trade for Harden. Philly should look elsewhere. Bad attitude and Embiid has been great as their #1 with the ball in his hands. Not saying it can’t work.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn’t.

Not as bad, but he damn sure is trending toward bad contract status.

22 points a game on inefficient shooting and back to playing “I don’t care defense”?

That isn’t worth $45 million a year.

And if it persists into the playoffs, Brooklyn going to be hoping he opts out. Because his trade value won’t be enough to return an asset like Simmons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More teams than you believe. BKN doesn’t have a lot of leverage but Philly has no leverage. If they can’t trade Simmons they are stuck with him. Simmons + Curry isn’t asking too much but the issue is Morey, he thinks he has all the leverage and he doesn’t.

A few of you keep saying this but you can't list out who these teams are.

I'm not arguing that Philly does or does not have leverage. I'm saying that they aren't going to compete with themselves for Harden. There are very few teams that A) want Harden B) have assets that they would trade that are better than Simmons and C) Harden would want to play for.

Honestly, I can't think of ANY teams that fit all 3 of those criteria.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as bad, but he damn sure is trending toward bad contract status.

22 points a game on inefficient shooting and back to playing “I don’t care defense”?

That isn’t worth $45 million a year.

And if it persists into the playoffs, Brooklyn going to be hoping he opts out. Because his trade value won’t be enough to return an asset like Simmons.
He was fine with KD. I think the fit with Kyrie is a huge issue. Once all 3 are back on the court healthy, Nash needs to figure out his lineups. Problem is when will they all be back on the court together, rarely. I think this BKN team overall without KD is just not that good. It’s definitely more about effort with Harden but I think injuries have played a part too. Kyrie playing half the games fucks up chemistry.

All that being said, I still don’t think BKN is in a position where they have to make a move.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fine with KD. I think the fit with Kyrie is a huge issue. Once all 3 are back on the court healthy, Nash needs to figure out his lineups. Problem is when will they all be back on the court together, rarely. I think this BKN team overall without KD is just not that good. It’s definitely more about effort with Harden but I think injuries have played a part too. Kyrie playing half the games fucks up chemistry.

All that being said, I still don’t think BKN is in a position where they have to make a move.

Big difference between fine and elite though.

And if you are making a super max contract, you had best be elite.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying if it’s a Simmons + Curry deal that Curry is the dealbreaker. I get it, he is sharpshooter but the Mavs gave him up for Richardson and he is 31. If Philly keeps Maxey, Thybulle it’s a success. Maxey’s emergence makes up for the Curry loss.

But honestly, I would not trade for Harden. Philly should look elsewhere. Bad attitude and Embiid has been great as their #1 with the ball in his hands. Not saying it can’t work.

Trading for Harden now means you are trying to win a title this year. Giving up players that can contribute to that defeats the purpose of trading for Harden.

I don't know if Harden is the right move. I just have to hope that Morey knows what he is doing on that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Harden now means you are trying to win a title this year. Giving up players that can contribute to that defeats the purpose of trading for Harden.

I don't know if Harden is the right move. I just have to hope that Morey knows what he is doing on that.
Agree, I dont think Harden is the right move too but what team makes sense?

Not sure about ATL. Keeping Harris and adding Collins doesn’t make sense imo. It seems ATL doesn’t want Harris.

Minny doesn’t have the firepower.

Sac apparently dropped out.

That really leaves Brooklyn and a darkhorse team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, I dont think Harden is the right move too but what team makes sense?

Not sure about ATL. Keeping Harris and adding Collins doesn’t make sense imo. It seems ATL doesn’t want Harris.

Minny doesn’t have the firepower.

Sac apparently dropped out.

That really leaves Brooklyn and a darkhorse team.

It does seem that if the Sixers move Simmons before the deadline it will be either to Atlanta or Brooklyn.

The Hawks talk is about Collins and Bogdonivich for Simmons and Harris but I think they would need to throw in Galo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem that if the Sixers move Simmons before the deadline it will be either to Atlanta or Brooklyn.

The Hawks talk is about Collins and Bogdonivich for Simmons and Harris but I think they would need to throw in Galo.
That is a lot to give up for ATL for taking back Harris but not unresonable. They are starting to play good basketball so that offer seems less likely too.

I still think this goes into the offseason unless Sac jumps back in the pot.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a lot to give up for ATL for taking back Harris but not unresonable. They are starting to play good basketball so that offer seems less likely too.

I still think this goes into the offseason unless Sac jumps back in the pot.

Harris is a positive player on the court. He's overpaid but still a valuable asset. Which is why the Sixers would only unload him if they were getting a 4 in return. Like John Collins.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 for 1 Simmons deal ain't happening. He's not that good if you are looking for a top player in return
It isn't happening because it doesn't work financially in a 1 for 1 swap.
The Sixers would need to add more salary just to make the numbers work.

Pretty sure nobody is claiming this and it's just a matter of whether or not the Nets think they have leverage to get Maxey/Thubulle/picks or the Sixers can use Green/picks because they think they have the leverage.

Myself, I'm not too keen on Harden, but if the Sixers don't have to give up Maxey or Thybulle, I could be talked into it. Also, this could just be a smokescreen to get another team involved.