• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Roethlisberger

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him to a contender. LOL

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year it was revealed he got repeatedly rejected by one of Donald Trump’s mistresses.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOWS:
Most INTs since 2015
Most sacks since 2014
Most losses as starting QB since 2013
First time the Steelers have had a winning record and missed the playoffs since 2009

Perhaps you explain how these are his fault????
And did you ever think, the picks were because he got sacked as much as you claim.
Or is it possible the piss poor game planning has more to do with it.

You preach about the Steeler way.....the Steeler way is running the ball. You bitch about this team not evolving, yet they pass far too much....then you bitch about ints.

Be careful what you wish for.....
Although Ben had his ups and downs he is pretty much the one responsible for the wins we got this year. And when he's gone, I can't wait to remind you of your pissing and moaning about the guy who could pass to win games for this team.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year it was revealed he got repeatedly rejected by one of Donald Trump’s mistresses.

Fuck off idiot......

Trolling on team boards is not a wise choice.
If I want your opinion I'll open my zipper.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off idiot......

Trolling on team boards is not a wise choice.
If I want your opinion I'll open my zipper.

I didn’t realize I was on the Steelers board. Just clicked here from the main board. So apologies about that.

But you have a serious problem if you can’t take a little jab about Ben’s personal life that happened when he was like 24 and at an age when plenty of us have done stupid, embarrassing stuff.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t realize I was on the Steelers board. Just clicked here from the main board. So apologies about that.

But you have a serious problem if you can’t take a little jab about Ben’s personal life that happened when he was like 24 and at an age when plenty of us have done stupid, embarrassing stuff.

Oh that's awesome, lessons in ethics from an eagles fan......oh the fuckin irony.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, why the fuck do a select few of you make these bullshit threads????

You think Ben staying or retiring betters this team????
You get a bug up your ass and you run with it, I don't understand.

Cause and Effect
The defense is absolutely pathetic, so more times than not we end up playing from behind.....
Effect, Ben has to throw more to try to keep us close.
You've got a few of the top WRs on the field, one who is temperamental.......
Effect, Ben has to throw more. Sometimes into unfavorable coverage.
You've got an OC who even admits he forgot the run game.....
Effect, Ben throwing WAY to much.

How many times has Ben gotten that last minute win, OR should of had that last minute win, only to get fucked over by this teams inept defense????

The near sighted shit is bullshit......look at the bigger picture.

The old school guys around here know, when Ben calls it, we are all fucked.
I don't care what grooming you do to Dobbs or Rudolph, I don't care who you draft.....This team will plummet without Ben under center. BANK ON IT.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we want him to be extended? For every 2 TDs he throws, he's throwing an INT. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Ben and I would like him to stay but his INTs scare me and have cost us quite a few games the last 2-3 years. I want him to come back next year just so Mason and/or Josh can learn from Ben and learn the offense more without having to worry about actually starting every game.
I’d like him extended. He’s erratic. But he’s still a hof qb. He’s also won us a lot of games as well. He’s more than needed

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like him extended. He’s erratic. But he’s still a hof qb. He’s also won us a lot of games as well. He’s more than needed

I wouldn't mind if he's extended only because of what he's done for us when it's counted the most. He's won us games more than he's lost us games. But it seems over the last two years, those losses due to something he's done have gone up. Don't like that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind if he's extended only because of what he's done for us when it's counted the most. He's won us games more than he's lost us games. But it seems over the last two years, those losses due to something he's done have gone up. Don't like that.
it has, but i chalk to other factors at play

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, why the fuck do a select few of you make these bullshit threads????

You think Ben staying or retiring betters this team????
You get a bug up your ass and you run with it, I don't understand.

Cause and Effect
The defense is absolutely pathetic, so more times than not we end up playing from behind.....
Effect, Ben has to throw more to try to keep us close.
You've got a few of the top WRs on the field, one who is temperamental.......
Effect, Ben has to throw more. Sometimes into unfavorable coverage.
You've got an OC who even admits he forgot the run game.....
Effect, Ben throwing WAY to much.

How many times has Ben gotten that last minute win, OR should of had that last minute win, only to get fucked over by this teams inept defense????

The near sighted shit is bullshit......look at the bigger picture.

I don't care what grooming you do to Dobbs or Rudolph, I don't care who you draft.....This team will plummet without Ben under center. BANK ON IT.
This. Absolutely.

Ben is without question the most indispensable player on this team. Without him they do nothing close to what they did this year.

I too think Ben’s boneheaded throws are more a product of him trying to put the team on his back when the defense is shitting the bed. That isn’t to say some were scary bad and absolutely on him, but how many INTs did we see this year where they were in situations where the offense DID NOT need to throw the ball?

Ben has never been a tactician QB. He’s a smart QB, but he’s the backyard gunslinger. He’s never going to shy away from throwing into tight windows that a tactical QB like Brees wouldn’t. We’ve seen that from Ben since 2004. The easy solution is to run a more balanced offense and not force the ball into the air as often. But as Psych said, the effect of a bad defense and bad coaches has pushed him to throw the ball more.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Absolutely.

Ben is without question the most indispensable player on this team. Without him they do nothing close to what they did this year.

I too think Ben’s boneheaded throws are more a product of him trying to put the team on his back when the defense is shitting the bed. That isn’t to say some were scary bad and absolutely on him, but how many INTs did we see this year where they were in situations where the offense DID NOT need to throw the ball?

Ben has never been a tactician QB. He’s a smart QB, but he’s the backyard gunslinger. He’s never going to shy away from throwing into tight windows that a tactical QB like Brees wouldn’t. We’ve seen that from Ben since 2004. The easy solution is to run a more balanced offense and not force the ball into the air as often. But as Psych said, the effect of a bad defense and bad coaches has pushed him to throw the ball more.

Well said Face!!!!

You can't win if you don't keep the score close. Ben by leaps and bounds is more of a team guy than any SOB on this team, and his competitive hunger is second to none. He's the last of the old school gunslingers in the NFL, every snap he takes is Pittsburgh Greatness at its finest. From his very first season when he asked the Bus to come back one more year to get him to the super bowl, this guy has given the fans his EVERYTHING.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he coming back?

I know he wants a third ring, and he probably doesn't want this season remembered as his last, but he's not getting younger. I seems to me that he could play well for a couple more years, but obviously, it's not my call.
Ben's cap number for 2019 is 23 Million dollars. It's atrocious.

Unless he's absolutely retiring, they need to extend him.
Ben Roethlisberger will be back in 2019 as long as his offensive line returns with him

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Absolutely.

The bolded part is a great point. He clearly had games this year where he was off his game and they did not either let him try to go no huddle (when he usually corrects himself) if it's earlier in the game or just move towards the run and grind clock if it's later in the game. The play calling in a lot of situations this year was bizarre.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a bit of a leap to say they're screwed no matter what because we simply don't know what the next guy(s) will bring or what the roster will look like, but I get the sentiment. Who knows, Rudolph could stink for a year, they get a top 10 pick and then have another Ben fall in their laps and it's 2004 all over again.

Regardless of what happens, though, I think we all can expect the transition from Ben to a successor to be a rough one barring something bizarre happening. There's almost certainly going to need to be some form of roster/coaching staff turnover throughout the process.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason to make a big deal about Ben's INT numbers this season. As previously mentioned, the Steelers D is below average. The team is always down late in games thus forcing Ben to throw more often. And it is clearly obvious that Antonio Brown is constantly badgering Ben to throw him the ball on just about every play. AB has to get those numbers. Wins are great. But as long as AB has his numbers everything is awesome.