• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beer

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep Ellen brewing co is really good.
I drink the Dallas Blonde.

There are several but that is one of the best local ones in Dallas

Yeah man had the Dallas blonde many times. Pretty good indeed

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good. But it's expensive.

img_5746.jpg

Barleywine style aged in bourbon barrels
13.1 ABV

If you ever see it, pick up a pack.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck InBev. Bastards don't even make old school Michelob anywhere and stick to Michelob ultra for the gays

I finally found regular Michelob again, after not seeing it for years. As you say, they've been pitching that Ultra swill heavily, and it's just flavored water in a smaller can/bottle.

I was so shocked when I saw it in the store I picked up two sixes immediately. It was selling for about 7 bucks, too. It didn't taste exactly how I remembered it.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller lite does have more flavor. That extra flavor tastes like rust. If I'm going to have a near flavorless beer I prefer it to taste clean, but miller lite, bud light, coors light, etc all taste about the same so the argument is a little silly.

Yes, correct...the only light is Natural Light

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The anti-InBev beer is Kraftig. Its ok but generally speaking that level of beer is like Taco Bell. You're paying for convenience and advertising and not super high quality stuff.

I think my favorite national beer brands are Lagunitas, Ballast Point, Dogfish Head and Breckenridge but generally you should be alright with your local stuff. Urban Chestnut has the 'german style' beer in STL and its hit or miss but I personally think the Schnickelfritz and Kinsale are top notch. Schlafly Rye and O'Fallon's Show Me IPA are also great.

Texas? Can't help you too much there. I haven't had a Shiner in almost a decade.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drank this in WI until we moved when I was 14.
Blatz.JPG

Drank this in FL through college:
buschLight.jpg

They're both gross. That's probably why I drink this now:

42-martini1.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind macros because of the price. A lot of the local/micro stuff I get here is either ridiculously expensive (12 bucks for a FOUR pack) or it just isn't that good...or both. The mass-marketed stuff is at least generally consistent, you know exactly what you're going to get for how much money you're spending.

Nothing worse than shelling out 13-15$ for a six pack of battery acid

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is serious shit here fellas.. Drank Budweiser most of my life. I know for a fact it's watered down compared to the old school German beer it was made to be years ago. InBev has watered it down I know for a fact.

Anyone know of a good brew that's comparable to old school Budweiser? I know the grain is rice.. Water, Barley Malt, Rice, Yeast, Hops.

Fuck InBev. Bastards don't even make old school Michelob anywhere and stick to Michelob ultra for the gays

I drank a Coors about 2 years ago and thought it was about as nasty as they come.

2018_DirtyBastard_Featured.jpg

This is one of my favs.

If I am drinking a pilsner I like the Leinenkugels. Summer Shandy.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is serious shit here fellas.. Drank Budweiser most of my life. I know for a fact it's watered down compared to the old school German beer it was made to be years ago. InBev has watered it down I know for a fact.

Anyone know of a good brew that's comparable to old school Budweiser? I know the grain is rice.. Water, Barley Malt, Rice, Yeast, Hops.

Hey, here's a shot at it...

Drink This, Not That: 10 Craft Substitutions for Big Beer Lovers
You Like: Budweiser
Try: Narragansett Lager
Brewery: Narragansett Brewing Company
?City: Providence, RI?
narraganset.jpg

At one point or another, every American beer drinker stands in the court of the “King of Beers.” For many of us, Budweiser was the special treat of our college years when we wanted to splurge a little and spend more than ten bucks per case in our quest to get blotto. At least the Clydesdales are cool.

Until recently, Narragansett Brewing Company found itself on the outside of the craft beer world, looking in. The Brewer’s Association defines a craft brewery as small, independent and traditional. While Narragansett fit the small and independent criteria, they missed on the traditional criteria because of their use of adjuncts like corn. February’s Brewers Association board meeting changed the definition to allow the use of adjuncts to enhance flavor, not lighten it. Narragansett uses corn to give their lager a sweetness that makes it a perfect bridge from Budweiser.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you drink @SlinkyRedfoot?

I drink all kinds of beers throughout the year. Usually lighter stuff in the summer and sometimes REALLY light - Corona and even Coors Light. Winter I tend to drink heavier beers. I've been on a pretty big Great Lakes Brewing kick lately.

Honestly, I drink much more bourbon than I do beer. My go to is Bulleit Bourbon. I also like tequila (Milagro silver - go to), and occasionally vodka (usually Tito's or Chopin).

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Founders just started brewing this stuff. I'm a fan.

founders%20solid%20gold%20main.jpg

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say, I have never been so disappointed in the folks who post here. Beer flavored water is the best you got?

On a side note, In-Bev also owns some fine craft breweries including 10 Barrel, Goose Island, Wicked Weed, Breckenridge, Elysium, etc

Edit: If you can find it, go with the original Chek Budweiser.

Fuck InBev and their gay watered down shit. I'm done. Might buy some Bud every now and then to marinate chicken with but that's it.