• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beach resigned for 1 year, salary TBA

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Ryan Stanton also resigned for 1 year.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAst year they made 65,000 playing in Rockford, contracts are really nuts for these guys. Base salary for them last year was 875,000, shaw made 550k.

Sure hope Beach finally steps up, but I still want to see Hayes first.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyle Beach can get his head straight and stay healthy, this guy could be right up there. But most of what I've read from scouts and Hawks writers say there is virtually no chance Beach plays on the big team.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Beach - 1 year, $550k NHL, $110k AHL
Ryan Stanton - 2 years. Year 1, $550k NHL, 100k AHL. Year 2 $550k NHL (one-way)

Leghound

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they would have pulled the plug on him by now.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but for $550k he's pretty low risk at this point.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyle Beach can get his head straight and stay healthy, this guy could be right up there. But most of what I've read from scouts and Hawks writers say there is virtually no chance Beach plays on the big team.

I agree with this.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Early reports have Brandon Saad putting on quite a bit of muscle this offseason—likely in order to step up a less speactcular aspect of his game: physical play.

Also, look for none other than the enigmatic Kyle Beach to make a real push for a job in Chicago this fall. Beach has apparently been working very hard this summer on his skating and at various camps, the latest in Sweden, to get ready for the season—likely his last real shot with the Blackhawk organization."

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to working on his skating, he should be seeing a therapist to get his head on straight. With Beach, it's a problem between the eyes as well as his hockey talent.

Barring any injuries to the Hawks top 12 guys, I would be absolutely flabbergasted to see Beach wearing a Blackhawks sweater come October 1.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Beach makes it through camp without fighting somebody and hurting himself or a teammate.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, fighting a teammate in practice and scrimmages. A very smart way of making the team.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching some of the nhl network replaying the playoffs and even though the hawks won they are still consistently getting beat. You watch all the cheap shots against the hawks because there is nobody but Rosey or Bollig on this team willing to drop an opponent. I still say the opponents still have no fear of cheap shots against the speed and talent on this team because their top players will not be repaid for those hits. Carcillo was willing until he decided to try to become a hockey player and not a goon. Nothing wrong in my eyes with having a third line of Bollig, Beach and say shaw that would be willing to get physical for thirty seconds.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, anotheridiot is the perfect screen name for you. Because you certainly are the idiot.

If, and this is a major BIG IF, you want to goon it up with Bollig and Beach and someone else, they won't be on the third line...that's what fourth liners are for. Third liners get too much ice time and goons are usually not skilled enough (see Bollig AND Beach) to have any offensive upside. So, you're just plain wrong on that front.

Second, the Hawks get outhit almost each and every game in the regular season. Everyone knows that. Even I know that. And even I said that I felt the Hawks would get manhandled in the playoffs because the physicality level would increase.

So, did the Hawks lose in the playoffs? Didn't they win the Cup? Didn't they go 24 straight without a regulation loss? Didn't they have the best record in all of the NHL?

Unless someone comes out with a knife or a gun, the Hawks don't care if the other team tries to get physical with them. Watch the Wild in Round 1? Game 1 they tried to skate with the Hawks. Well, that didn't work. Game 2 and on they tried to outmuscle the Hawks. Forget it. Speed kills...and skill and speed really kills.

Wings did the same in the second round. Except that's really not the Wings style of play either, and the Hawks still wore them down with their speed.

Kings...even more physical. But not enough skill players to make a difference. And Hawks exposed Quick as just ordinary in goal.

Final...Bruins a terrific team, but I think also skill challenged. The Hawks didn't let Marchand get to them and he was a non-factor for the Bruins. Hawks figured best way to beat them was to go at their best player and the Hawks targeted Chara and he looked awful the last three games.

So, if you're the GM you want to change the makeup of the Hawks and add more physical players and alter the style of play the Hawks use...speed, skill, possession to one of mucking it up.

If I'm GM, the Hawks continue to be the fastest team in the league with skill players on all four lines that know their role and continue to possess the puck, virtually playing keep away from the other team. Hard to score when you don't have the puck. What's great about the Cup winners (2010 and 2013) is that they bought into Q's system, they had their role defined and they embraced that role.

I mean Kruger and Frolik last year, Eager and Sopel from 2010. All role players.

Now the key to this season is replacing those lost role players (Frolik, Stalberg, Bolland) with others that buy into the system in order to be successful again. May take a little time, but they have to "get it" to be successful as a team.

So, in summary, I'm not changing a damn thing on this team regarding style of play. The Hawks will continue to get outhit game in and game out. I used to be concerned about that stat too, but I'm not any more. I understand that if you have the puck more, you will be outhit. I also understand if you have better players, you win almost all the time.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok clearly gmalis has it in for anyone who opposes his views. I have found over the years that those who go straight for name calling are generally the kids that got beat up on the playground and have the computer now to hide behind and puff out their chests as "smart toughguys". But if all you have is put downs and smart ass cracks then you aren't worth the air you are breathing JMO

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When posters show they have no idea what the are talking about, then I lay into them.

Right off the bat, "idiot" says he wants to see Beach, Bollig and Shaw on the third line to beef things up.

Where ANYONE would come up with that idea is beyond ANYONE's belief. If he would have said "fourth line", I could have accepted that. But come on...the third line? There is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that those three are ever on the third line together.

So, I respect anyone with an opposing view. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is utter stupidity.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When posters show they have no idea what the are talking about, then I lay into them.

Right off the bat, "idiot" says he wants to see Beach, Bollig and Shaw on the third line to beef things up.

Where ANYONE would come up with that idea is beyond ANYONE's belief. If he would have said "fourth line", I could have accepted that. But come on...the third line? There is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that those three are ever on the third line together.

So, I respect anyone with an opposing view. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is utter stupidity.

No g, that's being an asshole. Not everyone on here is a hockey expert. We all learned the game at some point, and are in different stages of the learning curve. If someone says something that you feel is "stupid", educate them as to why it's a bad idea. But, there's no need to be an ass about it. None. That's something most of us grow out of about the same time we start growing hair in our special places.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't about what can is or isn't, or what can or can't happen. The second you decide to call someone an idiot because of their opinion is when you lose all credibility. It is also when you make it personal and show you have no respect for that person. Saying otherwise is a load of bull:lame:

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, his screen name is "anotheridiot". Need I go on?