• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS just exploded

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa St upset Okie St. Now 9 of the top 10 teams have 1 loss. Obviously, some will drop out but we could be looking at 4 to 5 teams all with a legit case for a NC appearance. I so hope this happens. Anything that moves us closer to a playoff is good.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa St upset Okie St. Now 9 of the top 10 teams have 1 loss. Obviously, some will drop out but we could be looking at 4 to 5 teams all with a legit case for a NC appearance. I so hope this happens. Anything that moves us closer to a playoff is good.

i dont want anything more than a 4 team playoff.. NCAAF has the best regular season in sports by leaps and bounds, a playoff that was more than 4 teams would ruin that IMO

and.. just for fun, watch this

LSU (10-0) in obviously

Bama and Oregon out, because they've already had their chance against LSU

Stanford, out because if oregon cant beat LSU, they cant either

Arkansas out because if Bama cant beat them, they cant either (plus they'll get their shot)

So now youre down to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Houston, VT and Clemson..

Oklahoma or Oklahoma St will end with 2 losses, and regardless, each team has a loss against weaker opponents than Clemson or GT

Houston plays in a non-BCS conference and has only played 1 game against a BCS conference team (a 38-34 win against UCLA)

leaving... the ACC champion

the argument CAN be made... :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that game was on tonight otherwise i would have watched it. missed a hell of a good one!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^ me either!

Now damn it nick its 3 in the morning, get some sleep.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been an interesting night...

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a LSU vs. Alabama/Oregon rematch unlikely look for the Arkansas Razorbacks or Clemson Tigers to now have the momentum going into championship week, but there is a distinct possiblility that with a victory over the tigers and a Ok St victory over Oklahoma the Virginia Tech Hokies may very well find themselves with enough votes from the AP (a poll that traditionally holds Tech lower in regard) eg. Coaches poll #7 ... AP#9 from all the pressures of the media and fans who are not willing to see a regular season rematch nor a interconference rematch be played for the national title... win out hokies and with two upsets than you may very well find yourselves in that all elusive national title game.... Keep jumping!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Safe to say I'm a Cyclone fan for a night. It was a helluva game, OT and everything! I could even tolerate that annoying siren.

Cyclones be causing CHAOS in the BCS!

ROLL TIDE! (dream on, GoDawgs, lol)

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alabama has a clear path to the national championship, with only auburn in their way. the only way tech gets in is if ok state beats oklahoma, alabama loses to auburn, oregon loses to usc or in the champ game, and if arkansas loses to lsu.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible, which I have said in previous posts but IMO the BCS may not put in a 1 loss VT-ACC Champ over a 1 loss conf. champ from any other BCS conference. I think Ok. will have to drop another game (vs. Baylor or Iowa St.) then beat Ok St. leaving them both with two losses, Arkansas loses (likely), Oregon loses (very possible), AND 'Bama loses (I for one think the representatives for the NCG MUST be conference champs). This could all happen for sure, but alot of things would have to fall into place. I hate that 'Bama would get in over about any other team but its likely.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is HokieProof? He needs to write a "the dream is actually still alive" post. :)

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is quickly turning into the crazy 2007 season. No team wants to be in the championship it seems. Beat UVA and Clemson and who knows what will happen.

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the Top 7 teams in the BCS that havent played this week, Alabama, LSU, and Clemson seem to be the only three teams with 'safe' games. The rest are all playing teams that all could be upsets. Then there is the Iron Bowl and the LSU Arkansas matchups next week, and finally conf. championships. Every team in the top 10 has a reasonable chance to pick up one loss in the next 3 weeks if games. Chances VT will crash the BCS NC ball, 0.01%, but that is greatly up from last week. How about Houston being the only unbeaten team at the end of the season and getting snubbed?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also remember if we get a little help, we will beat a possible top 5 team in conf championship which will boost our computer rankings a good bit. just need some voter love

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction: We win out and all hell breaks loose paving the way for LSU-VT for the Natty! But on BCS Selection Sunday, we get jumped by a 2 loss Alabama cuz you know, its the BCS.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win out we have a claim with the best of them. We actually really NEED UVA to win tonight. If they do, they will be ranked for our match-up next week and help our SoS if we win out. That will be ranked GT,UVA,top 10 (maybe top 5) Clemson. in 3 of our last 4 games.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to say that they should at least make it that you have to win your conference in order to get to the NC

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will put this on the record rite now... If VA Tech wins out the rest of the way expect the media and cpu to give the hokies the go ahead over Bama... for the simple fact that bama will not be champions of the SEC hell they won't even be champions of the SEC West if LSU - Ark goes as expected (LSU winning) the only two times that I can recall teams making it to the NCG and not winning there conference are Nebraska 01-02 Nebraska was routed in the national title game, 37–14 by Miami and 03-04 when Oklahoma got the go ahead over a USC team that was ranked either #1 or 2 in the human polls Oklahoma went on to lose there game to... Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me fool me three times dammit this is getting ridiculous....