• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baron Browning has arrived

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised this guy isn't getting more buzz. He has been getting better and better each week. The concern is staying healthy but if he can stay healthy this guy is going to be our starter next year. I'm not sure what we are going to do with the contracts for Jewell and Johnson but I think it is clear with the way Browning has played that both won't be re-signed. My best guess is we fork some money over for Johnson and sadly probably let the Hawkeye Jewell walk. He is reliable when healthy but Johnson and Browning add a little more overeall speed and athletic ability.

Right now I am leaning that we focus on Johnson and insert Browning as long as he continues to grow this year. Kenny Young has been good but honestly I think Browning has been even better. Browning moves lateral so well. His athletic ability has been great for us and while Johnson and Jewell are big losses, Young and Browning have made a huge difference since coming along. We were in trouble with Stranad and Kiser/Robinson... Strnad can provide depth but I don't think he is an NFL starter. Very pleased with Browning am concerned however with the injuries so far but hopefully has has shaken that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised this guy isn't getting more buzz. He has been getting better and better each week. The concern is staying healthy but if he can stay healthy this guy is going to be our starter next year. I'm not sure what we are going to do with the contracts for Jewell and Johnson but I think it is clear with the way Browning has played that both won't be re-signed. My best guess is we fork some money over for Johnson and sadly probably let the Hawkeye Jewell walk. He is reliable when healthy but Johnson and Browning add a little more overeall speed and athletic ability.

Right now I am leaning that we focus on Johnson and insert Browning as long as he continues to grow this year. Kenny Young has been good but honestly I think Browning has been even better. Browning moves lateral so well. His athletic ability has been great for us and while Johnson and Jewell are big losses, Young and Browning have made a huge difference since coming along. We were in trouble with Stranad and Kiser/Robinson... Strnad can provide depth but I don't think he is an NFL starter. Very pleased with Browning am concerned however with the injuries so far but hopefully has has shaken that.
You are correct about Browning - if he can stay healthy. He's got the goods. I had wanted to draft Micah Parsons - if you recall, but Browning paired with Surtain - is a winning combination.

However - I think it is Jewell who survives - he's a little younger - and has really developed himself as a pro.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct about Browning - if he can stay healthy. He's got the goods. I had wanted to draft Micah Parsons - if you recall, but Browning paired with Surtain - is a winning combination.

However - I think it is Jewell who survives - he's a little younger - and has really developed himself as a pro.
Agree with Mingo here that I think it will be Jewell as he had really improved and with a rangier companion in Browning it could be a good fit.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall know I am fine with Jewell. I really wished we have been able to re-sign Jewell and Johnson but with Browning on his rookie contract and trending to be a reliable player (barring more injuries) I think we have to let one of these guys walk even though we have a lot of money. Did you all know that Johnson was rated #1 ILB vs the run before his injury? Sorta curious with both players coming off an injury what kind of deal they will get? Neither's injury is serious so I doubt it hurts them too much.

Then we also have Kenny Young who has played pretty good himself. It will be an interesting off season at ILB. Something tells me it won't be Young that returns though. We could technically tag Johnson and let him play on a one year deal.. I am sure this is something Paton is really pondering what to do right now with Browning likely now taking one of those starting ILB spots next year... Of course it depends on a change in coaching staff but I think we need to keep the 3-4 defense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall know I am fine with Jewell. I really wished we have been able to re-sign Jewell and Johnson but with Browning on his rookie contract and trending to be a reliable player (barring more injuries) I think we have to let one of these guys walk even though we have a lot of money. Did you all know that Johnson was rated #1 ILB vs the run before his injury? Sorta curious with both players coming off an injury what kind of deal they will get? Neither's injury is serious so I doubt it hurts them too much.

Then we also have Kenny Young who has played pretty good himself. It will be an interesting off season at ILB. Something tells me it won't be Young that returns though. We could technically tag Johnson and let him play on a one year deal.. I am sure this is something Paton is really pondering what to do right now with Browning likely now taking one of those starting ILB spots next year... Of course it depends on a change in coaching staff but I think we need to keep the 3-4 defense.
The important thing - to me - is Johnson is 3 years older than Jewell - also Johnson had the run cleanup while Jewell had to figure out how to cover in space -that's why AJ was the #1 run stopper. I like them both - true true. Also - I like Young,

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The important thing - to me - is Johnson is 3 years older than Jewell - also Johnson had the run cleanup while Jewell had to figure out how to cover in space -that's why AJ was the #1 run stopper. I like them both - true true. Also - I like Young,

Yeah that is a good point too. Alexander Johnson got a late arrival to the NFL with his legal case. It will be interesting. I personally want to keep all 4 but we know that won't happen. :(

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The Broncos, at 6-5 and on the fringe of the AFC's playoff race, are No. 3 in the league in scoring defense, No. 9 in total defense and No. 10 in red zone defense with four rookies currently in the defensive lineup. Surtain has started since Week 2, while Baron Browning (third round) has started the past four games. Linebacker Jonathon Cooper (seventh round) has started three games, and safety Caden Sterns (fifth round) started against the Chargers in Week 12 and has played in the dime for much of the season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The Broncos, at 6-5 and on the fringe of the AFC's playoff race, are No. 3 in the league in scoring defense, No. 9 in total defense and No. 10 in red zone defense with four rookies currently in the defensive lineup. Surtain has started since Week 2, while Baron Browning (third round) has started the past four games. Linebacker Jonathon Cooper (seventh round) has started three games, and safety Caden Sterns (fifth round) started against the Chargers in Week 12 and has played in the dime for much of the season.

Loving this draft class and I still have high hopes for Jamar Johnson. I expected him to probably take a red shirt his rookie season but he has great ball skills and if he can develop over the season and offseason he can be a big bonus to an already good draft class. As I said before I wasn't too high on Kary Vincent. Nice stab in Round 7 but don't mind taking the extra pick next year for him.

I have hopes for Seth Williams too. We protected him on the PS every week. We are pretty good at WR going forward to a pretty good situation for us with Williams. He is sort of a bonus. He has all the tools just needs to work on consistency and getting better each day. Don't think we can store Jamar Johnson on the PS so we have to hang on to him. We felt the same way with Vincent but ended up trading him because we have a lot of CB's... Vincent, Williams and Johnson were all likely a year off when we drafted them and we knew that.