• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama talking with TCU to replace USC.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU could go either way but Army makes no sense in being counted as P5. Army is equal to Navy and Air Force IMO. Both of which are in in G5 conferences.

We are suppose to play Army this year, up there.
Not sure that's going to happen now.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU could go either way but Army makes no sense in being counted as P5. Army is equal to Navy and Air Force IMO. Both of which are in in G5 conferences...unless one subscribes to the AAC commissioner's stance.

yeah, i don't have an issue with BYU being considered a P5. BYU is probably better historically than over half of the schools that are currently in P5 conferences.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i don't have an issue with BYU being considered a P5. BYU is probably better historically than over half of the schools that are currently in P5 conferences.
I agree. I think they'd finish in the top half of nearly every P5 conference most years.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how. USC has never said anything about not playing the game that I know of.

That seems a little obtuse with how California as a State is reacting to the current crises. Along with Oregon and Washington Governors saying that they will be closed up for while.

Also, why would Alabama start talking to TCU in the first place.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think that there was some back channeling communication going on

IronJaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.... we're supposed to be playing Oregon this year.

Why slum it with TCU?
The Frogs can be a very dangerous team to play. Patterson is an excellent coach who has won some big games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems a little obtuse with how California as a State is reacting to the current crises. Along with Oregon and Washington Governors saying that they will be closed up for while.

Also, why would Alabama start talking to TCU in the first place.

Again, nobody cares what Governor Dandypants says and USC has said they plan on playing the game.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Frogs can be a very dangerous team to play. Patterson is an excellent coach who has won some big games.
I know. You can have a damn fine burger, but why go burger when you can get a nice steak

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson has been on a decline. He cannot find a QB since Boykin left and it wasn't like he recruited scrubs out of high school or anything. I also don't understand how people say he runs a tight ship when he has had multiple drug ring busts in FTW involving his own players. Somehow the national media over looks that.. Did you know they face penalties for getting busted of some of it's players getting paid for work they never did by "summer jobs"...?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year could be interesting. It was reported that the P5 commissioners had a call with Roger Goodell. I could see a world where just the P5 plays. They maybe the only schools that have the Revenue and TV contracts to get the season going safely (testing etc). Ton of games are going to be cancelled, mostly games nobody wanted to watch anyway. It would be real interesting if the current situation led to the the creation of a new division. Can only happen if the conferences work together, so it still a long shot

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year could be interesting. It was reported that the P5 commissioners had a call with Roger Goodell. I could see a world where just the P5 plays. They maybe the only schools that have the Revenue and TV contracts to get the season going safely (testing etc). Ton of games are going to be cancelled, mostly games nobody wanted to watch anyway. It would be real interesting if the current situation led to the the creation of a new division. Can only happen if the conferences work together, so it still a long shot
Would all 65+ P5 members be allowed in or would some pruning occur? Let's be real. Some don't bring near as much to the table as others...even if they are "charter" members of a conference. They taketh more than they bringeth. How much are the others willing to subsidize them?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Alabama

Two years of ho-hum scheduling on Alabama's part doesn't make them worse than Florida's consistently poor scheduling. Florida is the only power-5 team outside the ACC to schedule multiple FCS teams in one season in consecutive years.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think they'd finish in the top half of nearly every P5 conference most years.

There was a time when that was true. These days it would be closer to the middle third of a P-5 league, or the upper portion of the bottom third.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years of ho-hum scheduling on Alabama's part doesn't make them worse than Florida's consistently poor scheduling. Florida is the only power-5 team outside the ACC to schedule multiple FCS teams in one season in consecutive years.
Alabama routinely has a terrible schedule. If the fans are lucky, they get just one P5 team OOC. You know this to be true, so not sure why you are denying it.

Just sit down dude...

Congrats on the Citrus bowl win by the way.