• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baez and Soler

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought, at least Soler would be good defensively. He hasn't looked good. Baez is a good infielder.
Both have the same swing, with little sophistication or intelligence.....all or nothing......I hate to say it, but both look like trade bait.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baez is a great athlete that I think will be a Maddon type player. I use to watch the Rays. Maddon would have a bench full of .190 hitters that could take you deep. Not that I think Baez is a 190 hitter, but he has shown similar holes. Soler just hits the ball so damn hard.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just amazed that it seemed like nobody had problems with Soler's defense last year. Now he is barely good enough to play left field. Maddon just found a way to get Baez in at 3B and 2B three games in a row, said he was more impressed with his defense and his confidence in the field. If Javy hits I sure hope LaStella is traded first. Dont want to see him at 3B anymore.

I still dont know why Ben Zobrist is not being Ben Zobrist anymore, dont like the fact that Bryant gets pushed to the outfield, but I think the only way either of these guys gets traded is if Arrieta or Lester are injured.

They still have Christian Villanueva who needs to be on the 25 man or traded and he is probably the best late inning third baseman we have.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strop sucks. Been saying it for two years.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strop sucks. Been saying it for two years.

Love Warren. Think he could win 8-10 games doing what he did last night. Grimm has too good of stuff to be as inconsistent as he is. His numbers may look good but he gets hit hard. Strop is really good if everything is right. Any sign of trouble anD Maddon should get him. I was happy to see him pitch well vs the Cards last week. They tore him up last yr

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just amazed that it seemed like nobody had problems with Soler's defense last year. Now he is barely good enough to play left field. Maddon just found a way to get Baez in at 3B and 2B three games in a row, said he was more impressed with his defense and his confidence in the field. If Javy hits I sure hope LaStella is traded first. Dont want to see him at 3B anymore.

I still dont know why Ben Zobrist is not being Ben Zobrist anymore, dont like the fact that Bryant gets pushed to the outfield, but I think the only way either of these guys gets traded is if Arrieta or Lester are injured.

They still have Christian Villanueva who needs to be on the 25 man or traded and he is probably the best late inning third baseman we have.

Soler is in there for his bat. He isn't hitting right now. La Stella- it shocked me to see the Brewers pitch around him to get to Fowler. The bench has been really good so far.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont remember hearing much about how bad Soler was his first year in Right Field last year, thats all.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love seeing the young guys play- Soler, Baez , Lastella. - and maybe they can make it work on who plays LF. It seems though that final spot is still up in the air between those 3 guys. We haven't missed it yet, but it seems like we are missing some left handed thump/ power from not Only Schwarber but also Cogs. La Stella is probably a better average hitter thAn those two but not the power. If Soler struggles, I just wonder if we go after a lefty bat around July. Sure we could get Cogs back for cheap. I like the Peralta guy in Arizona too. Or we could turn into the Yankees and trade for Cargo. Just kidding.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soler sucks, I've been saying this for a couple years now. He was always our most overhyped prospect. Should have traded him while he had value, that value is now decreasing and will continue to do so.

We currently have 3 guys on the bench that are more productive than Soler. Baez, Szczur and La Stella. Baez or La Stella could play 3rd with Bryant moving to left.

Again, Soler sucks

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love seeing the young guys play- Soler, Baez , Lastella. - and maybe they can make it work on who plays LF. It seems though that final spot is still up in the air between those 3 guys. We haven't missed it yet, but it seems like we are missing some left handed thump/ power from not Only Schwarber but also Cogs. La Stella is probably a better average hitter thAn those two but not the power. If Soler struggles, I just wonder if we go after a lefty bat around July. Sure we could get Cogs back for cheap. I like the Peralta guy in Arizona too. Or we could turn into the Yankees and trade for Cargo. Just kidding.

No. If a trade happens in July it needs to be for a starting pitcher.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are tip toeing on being the new yankees now with the big money for Lester, Heyward and Zobrist. I really thought all they were going to buy was pitching, but when Heyward and Zobrist were signed when we had guys like Baez, Almora, Soler all in the mix, then resigning Fowler again, its getting close to yankees.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the young guys. Don't get me wrong, I loved that Fowler resigned. I thought he was one of the big keys to last August, September, October. But the first thing I thought was there goes Solers playing time. Now ShwArb is hurt, so that gives Soler, Baez more time. I honestly thought even with the addition of Zobrist, Baez would still get 3-4 starts a week. I didn't realize Zo would play this much.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward is struggling big time right now. Thought he had a good road trip. He got robbed a bunch in SL and had a good series in Cincy. I'm not sure he has a hit this week.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time Soler comes up to bat, I want to go load the dishwasher, check the mail, or go across the street and kick the shit out of the neighbor's dog.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now he strikes out with tying and go ahead runs in scoring position. Ytf did Maddon let that loser hot is beyond me. This is how confidence is lost and skids start.

Now we have the bottom of the order in the ninth.

Fucking stupid.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both have one swing........Baez did cut his swing to hit an off speed pitch tonight.....I don't see that from Soler.......When Soler first came up, he was known to have a good strike zone......and he did take walks.
Soler has had the opportunity.....
.And Baez shows some defensive skills........I think if the CUBS were in a different position..both players would be in the minors

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both have one swing........Baez did cut his swing to hit an off speed pitch tonight.....I don't see that from Soler.......When Soler first came up, he was known to have a good strike zone......and he did take walks.
Soler has had the opportunity.....
.And Baez shows some defensive skills........I think if the CUBS were in a different position..both players would be in the minors

Well, the first two called K's, pitch trax showed Soler was correct. West hates the young players. Third time he expanded the zone. I know they are close enough, but Soler is taking one cut to air out the stadium, the other two are slowed down so he misses more.
Zobrist came up to pinch hit later and they were on the line pitchtrax and West called them balls. He constantly picks and chooses, I would not be surprised to see them send Soler down to get back to where he was, but his confidence is gone being a part time player.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soler isn't even coming close with his hacks. Missing by 8 inches at least. He's such an inning killer. I get depressed when he comes up.

I'd rather watch a Lester at-bat.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soler kills out comeback in the 8th. Baez hacking like a lumberjack.