• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back to the Big12?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make it permanent. After this, Nebraska may consider it

Nebraska's not going back to the Big 12 on any permanent basis beyond 2020.

1) The Big 12 recruiting rules were established to benefit the south schools and to choke the north schools. The first thing they did when it was formed was to limit the time coaches could be on the road recruiting.
OU, Okie Jr, Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, (and previously A&M) had a distinct advantage recruiting highly populated Texas.
The Big 10 knows the Ohio St's and Michigan's need to recruit nationally to have success. They have to be on the road a lot to do that. They'll never cut their own throats with Big 12 type recruiting rules.

2) The TV revenue is too good in the Big 10. They also have the Big Ten Network.

The Big 12 has.......... The Longhorn Network.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more happy with the SEC having Arkansas, mizzu and aggy play with the Big 12 this season.. let WVU play with the ACC this season

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might at least make the names make sense.

Imagine trying to explain the naming of the Big 10 and Big 12 Conferences to someone following this story but isn't a football fan.
I remember at one time the Big Ten had 12 and the Big XII had 10. Now it's 14 for the Big Ten and back to 10 for the Big XII.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) The Big 12 recruiting rules were established to benefit the south schools and to choke the north schools. The first thing they did when it was formed was to limit the time coaches could be on the road recruiting.
OU, Okie Jr, Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, (and previously A&M) had a distinct advantage recruiting highly populated Texas.
The Big 10 knows the Ohio St's and Michigan's need to recruit nationally to have success. They have to be on the road a lot to do that. They'll never cut their own throats with Big 12 type recruiting rules.

2) The TV revenue is too good in the Big 10. They also have the Big Ten Network.

yeah that's what killed Nebraska..smh it was the prop 40 rule where you couldnt admit players that ran 4.4 40's but had 4th grade reading levels to go with that...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might at least make the names make sense.

Imagine trying to explain the naming of the Big 10 and Big 12 Conferences to someone following this story but isn't a football fan.

Who the hell talks to people that aren't football fans?

christian-bale-wtf.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more happy with the SEC having Arkansas, mizzu and aggy play with the Big 12 this season.. let WVU play with the ACC this season

You stuck with us home slice. Deal wit it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that's what killed Nebraska..smh it was the prop 40 rule where you couldnt admit players that ran 4.4 40's but had 4th grade reading levels to go with that...

Yeah. I'd be in denial if I were a donghorn too.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'd be in denial if I were a donghorn too.
hey we didn't run and we aren't the ones crying right now about no football til Spring (lmao). U didn't have your way in the Big 12 and you certainly don't have it now.. but hey your getting paid and that's what its all about. Hope you use your extra coaches in Texas, good luck

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't like this.
Sounds like a shot across the bow that there will be some kind of reparations for Nebraska if they play others. Likely a portion of their Big 10 payout.

"Asked Tuesday about Nebraska's statement, commissioner Kevin Warren told ESPN's Heather Dinich, "We have 14 schools in the Big Ten conference. I appreciate the passion of all of our schools. I didn't expect all of our coaches to be ecstatic that the decision was made, so I understand they're passionate. ... My expectation is that when you're in a conference, you can't be in a conference and be an independent. That's where we are. I expect for our 14 members to go forward together."

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truthfully I wouldn’t be surprised if they asked WVU to play their home games somewhere in Texas. Not saying it’ll happen just that I wouldn’t be shocked if this goes through.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this.
Sounds like a shot across the bow that there will be some kind of reparations for Nebraska if they play others. Likely a portion of their Big 10 payout.

"Asked Tuesday about Nebraska's statement, commissioner Kevin Warren told ESPN's Heather Dinich, "We have 14 schools in the Big Ten conference. I appreciate the passion of all of our schools. I didn't expect all of our coaches to be ecstatic that the decision was made, so I understand they're passionate. ... My expectation is that when you're in a conference, you can't be in a conference and be an independent. That's where we are. I expect for our 14 members to go forward together."
We get it, they wanted to play, but now they just look desperate. Gotta fall in line, get ready for the spring

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully I wouldn’t be surprised if they asked WVU to play their home games somewhere in Texas. Not saying it’ll happen just that I wouldn’t be shocked if this goes through.
They aren't gonna do that to WVU, they going to ask Kansas, Iowa st to do the same thing? You'll still have your home games.. at home

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't gonna do that to WVU, they going to ask Kansas, Iowa st to do the same thing? You'll still have your home games.. at home

Could but a trip from Aimes to Texas is much shorter then one from Morgantown to Texas. I was just thinking of the possibilities to help this go through. I pray for this.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a bunch of hot air from Frost. He knows there isn't much he can do about this, but at least he looks good to the students and Alums for talking tough

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The best way to put the kibosh on that 'go to' Texas derp is to start talking about Vince Young's wonderlic score.

Yeah. The Big 12 was formed in 1994, began competition in 1996, but Sir Vince Young played for them from 2002 - 2005.

Nebraska football has more academic All-American's than any other FBS school. By far.

"But Nebraska 4th grade reading levels." - tejas fan