• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ vs. USC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were done at the half against Cal. We were 25 point dogs in Oregon. Now we don't have the talent to match up with USC.

A win against the Spoiled Children would almost force the "experts" to take proper notice.

This ↑

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never rooted for the trojan's until tonight.
Go USC!

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch! Icing the kicker, timeouts and the clock was in USC's favor.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a confession. I was not true to my self or you. I sat on the wrong couch for the first 3 quarters. Then on the very final play.... I was standing. I'm sorry.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Steve sarkisian is a little pussy ass biatch

Wildcat Fury

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this loss serves as an eye opener for them. Their offense can't keep taking until the 2nd half to get going. They are always down at half, and it really isn't the defenses fault. Having skowron attempt 5 FG is ridiculous. Not defending him, since he missed three and got iced twice! But this is five possible touchdowns worth a total of 6 points

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're still tied for first. No need to get pessimistic yet. Who knows, maybe a loss was a good thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss but I'm not holding a grudge against Scowron. He should have never been in that position to begin with. Our red zone offense was atrocious last night and that's why we lost. However, I can't help but see the positives despite losing. Our team is competing and outplaying some of the pac 12's best. I think everyone can agree that WE lost that game much more than SC won it, right? It seems as though our guys are buying into what Rich Rod is preaching and you can see the results this year. We still have a ways to go but I cant help but feel very optimistic about our future.

Rich Rod said it best when he first came on board. He said "At first you lose big. Then you lose small. Then you win small and then you win big!" I feel as though our program is at the win small phase and we're only getting better. We only have 1 loss this year, plenty of football left. Lets see what our boys are made of. BTFD

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with all of that. Like you said, we definitely lost that game. But we are a better team right now than USC. That's certainly a positive.

I never expected us to run the table, and honestly, I don't expect us to win out. We still have tough games against UCLA, Washington, and ASU. But I certainly think we can go 8-4. Hell, I think we're good enough to go 9-3. Who knows?

I was impressed by our defense overall, and our offensive difficulties were found in having our 2 RBs out, and a freshman QB. I think a large part of our success depends on the returns Wilson and Jones-Grigsby, but Solo won't throw over his receivers for too much longer.

Ultimately, I think we are going to be mid-top of the Pac for a couple/few years.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not hold a grudge against Skowron? It IS his fault. He's expected to make those kicks (or, at a minimum, one of the three he missed). Sure, Cats could have eliminated the possibility being better in the Red Zone, but kicking is also part of the game.

So tired of watching the same ol' with ARizona kickers. They are always horrible. The sad thing is Scowron is probably the best we've had in years and years...which says more about them than him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not hold a grudge against Skowron? It IS his fault. He's expected to make those kicks (or, at a minimum, one of the three he missed). Sure, Cats could have eliminated the possibility being better in the Red Zone, but kicking is also part of the game.

So tired of watching the same ol' with ARizona kickers. They are always horrible. The sad thing is Scowron is probably the best we've had in years and years...which says more about them than him.

And that's a fair point Johnson. He missed several field goals including the most important one. So yes, we have a right to be upset with him but there were many missed opportunities, especially on offense.
Plus, Scowron has been pretty solid all year. He basically won the UTSA game for us if i recall correctly. So we can be upset with him but let's not hold a grudge quite yet. Now Zendejas......different story....

And I agree with CTP. I too think we're a better team than SC but we're still a young team And it showed last night. SC has all these highly recruited kids but our guys outplayed them for the most part. Goes to show that stars don't mean much; what matters most is how the coaches develop them. This isn't like basketball where a single 5 star recruit can make or break your team. But I'm really exited about the young guys we have. Solomon and Wilson have bright futures. We'll be just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want this loss to sink in and I want them to get angry.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Zendejas years!!!!!!!

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00