• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Autoclub 400

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wreck at Daytona was beyond the start/finish line if I remember correctly, no?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvick has 8 second places. Richard Petty has the record with 11-straight.
It'll probably end next week. He's ran well at Martinsville in the past, but recently it's been the source of some gremlins for Harvick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is Biffle doing on that last lap? Freakin' hitting the wall.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should never be a race end under caution. It was wrong to throw the caution in Daytona right as Harvick and Jr were about to blow by Logano, and it would have been wrong today.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second straight year, Busch was passed on the last lap of this race. Ouch.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowyer in my book is a hack driver and has been since way before the Gordon incident. Sounds to me like you have let your personal feelings affect how you view Gordon. His driving skill makes him one of the top drivers all time in NASCAR and what he has done for the sport makes him as valuable to the sport as almost any driver that ever raced. You base your feelings on one instance where you have no idea what was going on that day and why he acted the way he did. I base my opinion of him on numerous occasions of meeting him, talking with him, seeing him interact with families and friends of mine and that gesture of him taking time out to go to a funeral during racing season for a person he barely knew, is why i respect him. His work with Childrens hospitals is also another big reason to respect him. Maybe take time to learn who the man is and get to know the real Gordon before you try to condemn him.
There's a lot of reasons I hate Jeff Gordon. The unpleasant meeting I had with him, the rainbow colored car, him being a bitch on the race track and a bigger bitch when confronted. He's forever blameless. He can rough up Rusty Wallace at Bristol, but let Brad Keselowski make a move with a championship on the line, and he was wrong(even though Jeff clearly came down on Brad). I don't like him because he and Jimmie decided to stay out on 100 lap tires at Martinsville and then get mad when they get ran over on the restart. The dude just has absolutely no appeal to me.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at least Smoke finished in the top 30 today. Baby steps.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at least Smoke finished in the top 30 today. Baby steps.
Hell, top 15 even. Staying out was a net gain for Stewart, a net wash for Gordon and a big net loss for Biffle.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Newman with his third straight top 5, and Truex with another top 10.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad Fantasy week, not as good as the last two weeks, but not bad.

Ryan Newman- 5th
Kurt Busch- 3rd
Larson with late problems- 26th
David Ragan- 18th

Conserving starts for Harvick and Truex.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. The only way it could have been more obvious NASCAR didn't want Busch to win was if they just straight up pulled his score card. Don't care for Busch either way but that was some horseshit. What a fucking joke

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toyota is struggling big time this year.

Top 5 Toyota finishers:

Carl Edwards- 13th
David Ragan- 18th
Brett Moffitt- 22nd
Denny Hamlin- 28th
Clint Bowyer- 30th

9 Chevys and 3 Fords before the first Toyota, and it was worse last week.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of reasons I hate Jeff Gordon. The unpleasant meeting I had with him, the rainbow colored car, him being a bitch on the race track and a bigger bitch when confronted. He's forever blameless. He can rough up Rusty Wallace at Bristol, but let Brad Keselowski make a move with a championship on the line, and he was wrong(even though Jeff clearly came down on Brad). I don't like him because he and Jimmie decided to stay out on 100 lap tires at Martinsville and then get mad when they get ran over on the restart. The dude just has absolutely no appeal to me.

So its all personal reasons and you've never once really met the man. Glad to know you can pass judgement on someone that easily and use a word like bitch and hate to pigeon hole him with. See, i dont like Keselowski and a few other drivers, but i never use the word hate. Speaking of bitches, Rusty Wallace used to be ridiculed for his on track and off track whining and people started making fun of him by using the kleenex car as his or tampax car as his on the track. Wallace was another that I didnt like. While we are speaking on things about drivers and bad impressions. I lived in Kannapolis NC for a while. You know who else lived there, right? Yeah i figure you do. Had several chances that i ran into him in that little town, it was hard not to back in them days. Talk about someone who didnt have the time of day for his fans if a camera wasnt on him or he thought one might be. He treated people in Kannapolis like second class citizens and yet, i still didnt hate the man, but I didnt respect him all that much because of his attitude.

Folks in that town still love him like he was a god, but the old timers will tell you he was an asshole from the word go.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toyota is struggling big time this year.

Top 5 Toyota finishers:

Carl Edwards- 13th
David Ragan- 18th
Brett Moffitt- 22nd
Denny Hamlin- 28th
Clint Bowyer- 30th

9 Chevys and 3 Fords before the first Toyota, and it was worse last week.

But not nearly as bad as Roush Racing has struggled this season and today.

Stenhouse- 15th
Bayne- 29th
Biffle- 32nd

They supply Penske with their equipment, what gives?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Str8 horse excrement.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So its all personal reasons and you've never once really met the man. Glad to know you can pass judgement on someone that easily and use a word like bitch and hate to pigeon hole him with. See, i dont like Keselowski and a few other drivers, but i never use the word hate. Speaking of bitches, Rusty Wallace used to be ridiculed for his on track and off track whining and people started making fun of him by using the kleenex car as his or tampax car as his on the track. Wallace was another that I didnt like. While we are speaking on things about drivers and bad impressions. I lived in Kannapolis NC for a while. You know who else lived there, right? Yeah i figure you do. Had several chances that i ran into him in that little town, it was hard not to back in them days. Talk about someone who didnt have the time of day for his fans if a camera wasnt on him or he thought one might be. He treated people in Kannapolis like second class citizens and yet, i still didnt hate the man, but I didnt respect him all that much because of his attitude.

Folks in that town still love him like he was a god, but the old timers will tell you he was an asshole from the word go.

I'd rather be an asshole than a bitch.

There were no cameras around that Sunday morning when I met Dale Sr. He actually walked up to us and asked my grandpa "what the hell happened to you" since his arm was in a sling, then laughed at the story, patted me on the head and signed my hat, Tony Stewart was with Dale the entire time. But sorry, I'm not gonna like someone that snubbed me, and every time you hear him talk he's either bitching or passing blame. An isolated incident is one thing. But I've got three instances where Gordon was in the wrong in a big time way, but he refused to admit it and never heard an apology. You don't push Matt Kenseth and leave your helmet on. You don't wreck yourself, get mad at someone and take them out, yourself out and two other drivers out, then hide when the other driver wants to talk about it. You don't come down on another driver and wreck yourself and then cause a big brawl in pit road. I'd be lying if I said I've never been impressed with Jeff Gordon. He's a top 5 all time driver, but I don't like the son of a bitch and I never will and I'm glad he's done after this season. I don't really like Jimmie Johnson, but I don't hate him. There's only been a few drivers I can say I've hated. Jeff Gordon, the Bodine brothers. Kyle Petty and during his rivalry with Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch.

At the same time there's only been a few drivers that I've loved. Dale Sr, Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart, Ricky Rudd and for an unknown reason, Ward Burton.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really say I hate drivers that.

I've got 11 championships in my beloved list and only 4 in my hated list.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather be an asshole than a bitch.

There were no cameras around that Sunday morning when I met Dale Sr. He actually walked up to us and asked my grandpa "what the hell happened to you" since his arm was in a sling, then laughed at the story, patted me on the head and signed my hat, Tony Stewart was with Dale the entire time. But sorry, I'm not gonna like someone that snubbed me, and every time you hear him talk he's either bitching or passing blame. An isolated incident is one thing. But I've got three instances where Gordon was in the wrong in a big time way, but he refused to admit it and never heard an apology. You don't push Matt Kenseth and leave your helmet on. You don't wreck yourself, get mad at someone and take them out, yourself out and two other drivers out, then hide when the other driver wants to talk about it. You don't come down on another driver and wreck yourself and then cause a big brawl in pit road. I'd be lying if I said I've never been impressed with Jeff Gordon. He's a top 5 all time driver, but I don't like the son of a bitch and I never will and I'm glad he's done after this season. I don't really like Jimmie Johnson, but I don't hate him. There's only been a few drivers I can say I've hated. Jeff Gordon, the Bodine brothers. Kyle Petty and during his rivalry with Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch.

At the same time there's only been a few drivers that I've loved. Dale Sr, Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart, Ricky Rudd and for an unknown reason, Ward Burton.

Many who have followed racing would say that most of the drivers in this list are considered assholes especially Tony Stewart and Senior. Ricky Rudd was an asshole as well, but not as much as the top two i mentioned. Ward is just Ward and he is known, with his family as being a bit over the top ego wise, which equates to some as being an asshole.

You can dislike who you want and its fine with me, but having been around the racing circuit in Charlotte for so many years and doing work for race teams, I got to meet alot of drivers and JG and JJ are good people to me, so are most the the Hendrick people. The Gibbs team used to be ok but Gibbs is not hands on now like he used to be, so its changed. Roush has lost his good drivers and his new talent was not really talent in my opinion. Stenhouse is famous for one thing, who he is fucking, has never been impressive as a driver to me. Bayne is good, but he is not top 10 level in my opinion. Biffle is losing his touch i think, much like Roush racing, sport has passed them by. You might hate Gordon and like that its his last year, but he is not going anywhere and you will hear his name alot in the future as he is a major part of Hendrick motorsports and a big time player in NASCAR.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Childress equipment seems to be improved over last season.

Newman, Menard, Truex and Allmendinger(other than today) have all had strong starts to the season

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many who have followed racing would say that most of the drivers in this list are considered assholes especially Tony Stewart and Senior. Ricky Rudd was an asshole as well, but not as much as the top two i mentioned. Ward is just Ward and he is known, with his family as being a bit over the top ego wise, which equates to some as being an asshole.

You can dislike who you want and its fine with me, but having been around the racing circuit in Charlotte for so many years and doing work for race teams, I got to meet alot of drivers and JG and JJ are good people to me, so are most the the Hendrick people. The Gibbs team used to be ok but Gibbs is not hands on now like he used to be, so its changed. Roush has lost his good drivers and his new talent was not really talent in my opinion. Stenhouse is famous for one thing, who he is fucking, has never been impressive as a driver to me. Bayne is good, but he is not top 10 level in my opinion. Biffle is losing his touch i think, much like Roush racing, sport has passed them by. You might hate Gordon and like that its his last year, but he is not going anywhere and you will hear his name alot in the future as he is a major part of Hendrick motorsports and a big time player in NASCAR.

I'm an asshole too, so maybe that's why I tend to pull for assholes. A lot of people would call Harvick an ass as well. I don't see them that way. I see all of them as drivers that are/were aggressive, didn't/don't take any shit and didn't/don't hide when confronted. Except Ward. I guess I just liked the way he talked and ever since I was a little kid, all I wanted to do was operate heavy equipment and Cat sponsored Ward, and I am a combination of a heavy equipment operator, a driller and a blaster now, so I guess I am living out my childhood dream.

In my hated list, Gordon and the Bodine brothers were all bitches(David Starr knocking Todd Bodine on his ass is one of my favorite NASCAR fights), Kyle Petty tried to kill Davey Allison(before my time, but the Texaco-Havoline 28 was always my second favorite car until Smoke and Harvick came along) and Kyle Busch was just my favorite driver's biggest rival for a time, I'm neutral to Kyle at this point.