• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aug 1 Pirates

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James McDonald has should discomfort now, going to see Dr. James Andrews.

The Pirates can restart his 30day rehab. I doubt he will ever throw another pitch for the Pirates.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no to ibanez.
he is so streaky, usually one big one per year for about 2 months, and he is using it know.
otherwise he is an arthritis attack in the field.
saw him in philly for 3 years, and that was a couple years ago.

if we go for it, we go big for a lasting option that strengthens us for years and doesnt raid top prospects. find someone needing quantity to restck their system ike philly and other teams depleted because they tried to make the run for the ring the last 5 years.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree no to Ibanez.

Now a different thought Young in Philly might come super cheap the closer to the deadline. FA after this year and that would move Jones to RF and he would play first. I don't think he would complain if he was on a team that had a chance again.

26 elroy face

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no to ibanez.
he is so streaky, usually one big one per year for about 2 months, and he is using it know.
otherwise he is an arthritis attack in the field.
saw him in philly for 3 years, and that was a couple years ago.

if we go for it, we go big for a lasting option that strengthens us for years and doesnt raid top prospects. find someone needing quantity to restck their system ike philly and other teams depleted because they tried to make the run for the ring the last 5 years.

Go back and read your post. The top two sentences can be use to describe X number of players including Pedro Alvarez. The second paragraph is a pure stroke of genuis " the old nothing for something trade".

Seriously, I believe the Pirates are looking for a couple of 3 month rentals. The reason I suggested Ibanez is that he's affordable (trade wise), productive (18 HRS-43 RBIs), and he's playing LF in Seattle. PNC's RF shouldn't be a problem defensively, and a welcome sight offensively. I would be very happy with Willingham, and Ibanez.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and read your post. The top two sentences can be use to describe X number of players including Pedro Alvarez. The second paragraph is a pure stroke of genuis " the old nothing for something trade".

Seriously, I believe the Pirates are looking for a couple of 3 month rentals. The reason I suggested Ibanez is that he's affordable (trade wise), productive (18 HRS-43 RBIs), and he's playing LF in Seattle. PNC's RF shouldn't be a problem defensively, and a welcome sight offensively. I would be very happy with Willingham, and Ibanez.

Pedro is a younger, higher-ceiling Ibanez. I say not to Ibanez, too, because we already have Pedro Alvarez, and while it's just fine to have one hitter of that sort in your lineup (perhaps even necessary, unless your lineup is genuinely stacked), having two would not be particularly helpful.

I say yes to Willingham, though.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ibanez will be a waste as a hitter. cost runs in the OF, any OF, he needs to be a DH.

alvarez hits for longer stretches every year, and although has errors, usually saves runs as his errors have almost never cost a run.

specifically, we shouldnt get a rental. too much chemistry and would have to give some prospects that we should use for a real and lasting piece. every year teams trade a star for quantity, like we did with bay, mcclouth, giles. the phillies got and traded cliff leee the same way.
we have lots of good quantity after our stud prospects that we can give and people want and need to start the replenishing process. if we get an OF, we can give an OF stud.

26 elroy face

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pedro is a younger, higher-ceiling Ibanez. I say not to Ibanez, too, because we already have Pedro Alvarez, and while it's just fine to have one hitter of that sort in your lineup (perhaps even necessary, unless your lineup is genuinely stacked), having two would not be particularly helpful.

I say yes to Willingham, though.

Were talking about a rental. Ibanez is 41 makes 2.75 mill, and walks at the end of the season.

26 elroy face

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ibanez will be a waste as a hitter. cost runs in the OF, any OF, he needs to be a DH.

alvarez hits for longer stretches every year, and although has errors, usually saves runs as his errors have almost never cost a run.

specifically, we shouldnt get a rental. too much chemistry and would have to give some prospects that we should use for a real and lasting piece. every year teams trade a star for quantity, like we did with bay, mcclouth, giles. the phillies got and traded cliff leee the same way.
we have lots of good quantity after our stud prospects that we can give and people want and need to start the replenishing process. if we get an OF, we can give an OF stud.

Your reaching. Pedro hits for longer stretches every year. Pedro's career B Avg is .238- Ibanez is .277. Ibanez is not DH'ing, he's playing LF. If Garrett Jones can play RF in Pittsburgh so can Raul Ibanez. He wouldn't cost the Pirates that much.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were talking about a rental. Ibanez is 41 makes 2.75 mill, and walks at the end of the season.

At no point do I want both of them in the lineup at the same time is my point, and we already have Alvarez, so I want us to avoid Ibanez.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
have you seen ibanez in the last 4 years,
not even a comparison to even jones in RF.
i live in philly and saw ibanez for 3 years almost every day. painful.
and that was a couple years ago.
ibanez career is all behind him, pedros is all in front of him.
not sure how you can really compare the two right now, but each has their own opinion.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you pick up Raul Ibanez, get an iron-clad contract and make the player-to-be-named conditional in case of a failed drug test. Just sayin'.

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates win again ....10-3 against the brew crew.

They now have sole possession of first place ....and look unstoppable

26 elroy face

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What are guys talking about. He's a 3 month rental who's on a pace to have a 30 home runs, and 90 RBIs. If you don't like him thats fine, but don't make up sh!t.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What are guys talking about. He's a 3 month rental who's on a pace to have a 30 home runs, and 90 RBIs. If you don't like him thats fine, but don't make up sh!t.

dont need to swear and especially because someone doesnt agree with you.
what am i making up.

ibanez wont hit 30 this year.
nor will he drive in 90.
he is playing totally relaxed.
under pressure, he will not produce. we is playing for worthless team and worthless atbats. he will fade anyways.

the message is not rental, but core growth and development. acquisition is for core growth not chuck aways.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure if anyone here follows the minor leagues very closely, but our RF solution may very well be sitting in Indianapolis right now.

Andrew Lambo, remember him? He was the other guy in the James McDonald trade that seemed for 3 years to have stalled out in AA. This year though he has gone nuts to the tune of 21 HR combined between Altoona and Indianapolis, neither park is known for allowing huge home run totals. It's not like he is only hitting homers either, his batting average is hovering right around .300. I definitely do not expect him to keep up the pace he is hitting in AAA, but with what he has shown I do think he would be an upgrade over what we have.

As hard as it is to believe, he is still actually a prospect also, he is only 24, which is amazing because he spent parts of 6 seasons in AA. I am not sure he will be up by Aug 1, I will go out on a limb and say barring injury that he will not be, but if there is no improvement in Snider's play and we don't make a trade to prove, he will be by Aug 31.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure if anyone here follows the minor leagues very closely, but our RF solution may very well be sitting in Indianapolis right now.

Andrew Lambo, remember him? He was the other guy in the James McDonald trade that seemed for 3 years to have stalled out in AA. This year though he has gone nuts to the tune of 21 HR combined between Altoona and Indianapolis, neither park is known for allowing huge home run totals. It's not like he is only hitting homers either, his batting average is hovering right around .300. I definitely do not expect him to keep up the pace he is hitting in AAA, but with what he has shown I do think he would be an upgrade over what we have.

As hard as it is to believe, he is still actually a prospect also, he is only 24, which is amazing because he spent parts of 6 seasons in AA. I am not sure he will be up by Aug 1, I will go out on a limb and say barring injury that he will not be, but if there is no improvement in Snider's play and we don't make a trade to prove, he will be by Aug 31.

i have liked lambo's potential since we got him. then he got hurt and languished altho always playing above his age, but never putting it together. then i think he started in AAA this year for a minute then back to AA and took off. i was glad they promoted him, but didnt think he would continue in AAA but then past up allie for organizational HR leader and actually playing better in AAA than in AA. it would be great to see him get a chance after they give tabata a chance after tabata off DL. tabata seemed to be getting on a roll just before his injury, but maybe lambo is the mercer of our OF who finally puts it together to at least be a significant upgrade without costing us any prospects or money.