• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Atlanta Falcons @ Green Bay Packers

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it exposed a lack of focus and intention in their play in the 2nd half more than anything. I'm not happy with what I saw at all from them, but I don't think it exposed anything more than they were feeling a bit too comfortable with things.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think this game exposed anything. Defense played great in the first half and played soft in the second half. We played zone alot and Jones found the soft spots. The packers took their halftime lead for granted and it nealy bit them.

Maybe not exposed but last night was just another example of how a big, physical receiver can have his way the the secondary. I don't care what "scheme" was employed last night. You have to wonder why Capers did not make any adjustments to try to neutralize the only guy that was hurting them.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not exposed but last night was just another example of how a big, physical receiver can have his way the the secondary. I don't care what "scheme" was employed last night. You have to wonder why Capers did not make any adjustments to try to neutralize the only guy that was hurting them.

I was definitely disappointed that we didnt bracket Jones but Shields can normally play pretty well against the bigger WRs but he was clearly not 100% last night. He looked very lost at times.

The best part about this is that the team got a learning moment from a win...

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any adjustments needed to be made. he basically was saying, we're good enough to just go out and play and you're never going to catch up. When you look at a lot of the plays, the attitude and body language of some of the defenders absolutely sucked.

That TD on Shields in the 2nd half, it was like he didn't even think there was a chance in hell the ball was coming his way and just half heartedly followed him down the field and after the TD, he was like, "oh well" we're still winning. I saw that attitude on a lot of plays by a lot of people in the 2nd half last night. Adjustments wouldn't have mattered if the head and the body aren't in the game.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any adjustments needed to be made. he basically was saying, we're good enough to just go out and play and you're never going to catch up. When you look at a lot of the plays, the attitude and body language of some of the defenders absolutely sucked.

That TD on Shields in the 2nd half, it was like he didn't even think there was a chance in hell the ball was coming his way and just half heartedly followed him down the field and after the TD, he was like, "oh well" we're still winning. I saw that attitude on a lot of plays by a lot of people in the 2nd half last night. Adjustments wouldn't have mattered if the head and the body aren't in the game.

I agree. Thats why I think the defense has all the tools they need to be successful.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Thats why I think the defense has all the tools they need to be successful.

All the tools? Maybe. But when you try to pound a nail with a screwdriver, you're not going to have very good results.

Use the fucking hammer!!

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how this defense is worse than it was last season, but, by God, they've found a way to be worse than last's year train wreck. If only we had a defense that could tackle...or pass rush...or stop the run....or get turnovers...or really do anything a defense is supposed to do. :L

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get caught up in the moment. Before these recent couple games, he went 7 weeks without hitting paydirt.

1,428 yards with 3 games left isn't bad for having a quiet season though.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like GB's O-line is starting to gel at the right time. Earlier in season AR was getting sacked like it was going out of style, and then last night they looked awesome, unless ATl has no pass rushers

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like GB's O-line is starting to gel at the right time. Earlier in season AR was getting sacked like it was going out of style, and then last night they looked awesome, unless ATl has no pass rushers

This is something that is overlooked by most people. The Packers O line is so much better than the start of the season. Profootballtalk has the rookie center ranked #2 in the NFL so he has come a long way from week #1.

Rodgers was getting all kinds of time against the Patriots to throw. They need to stay healthy though to try and get the home field through out.

I know as Packer fans we always hear how bad the Packers O and D lines are but that is not so much true as people think it is but hey whatever they want to think

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really, they are tied with Cincinnati for the least amount of sacks by a defense in the league. To put it into perspective New England's defense ranks #14 in the league and has over twice as many sacks as Atlanta's defense. There is Osi Umenyiora (free agent at the end of the year), Kroy Biermann (free agent at the end of the year), and some guys you've never heard of before. Atlanta hasn't had a lot of production from that position since John Abraham and even then Atlanta hasn't had a 2nd guy worth mentioning on the other end. Getting to the QB has been one of their biggest weaknesses for a while now and ended up being their Achilles heel in the playoffs when they have made it there in recent years. If Atlanta makes the playoffs they kind of get the rough end of the deal when it comes to the draft because they are thin at some key positions (especially defensive end).

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gb's oline now compared to how they were playing at the beginning of the year is night and day, but Atlanta isnt exactly a stout defensive line

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gb's oline now compared to how they were playing at the beginning of the year is night and day, but Atlanta isnt exactly a stout defensive line

Atlanta is last in the league in defense and Green Bay hasn't been anywhere near the best either but it will be interesting to see if their defense gets better at the end of the season. GB seems pretty streaky on defense. They gave up a lot of points to Seattle early in the season, NO in the middle of the season, and just recently ATL. If their defense settles down and plays like they have other than the 3 I listed they will be really hard to stop.