• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Atlanta @Dallas

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Weeden and his interception was horrible, but I think the defense lost the game more than the offense did. The offense gave us more points today than even Romo did in the first game and a half. 28 points should be enough to win a professional football game. A two TD lead should be enough even with Weeden. Inexcusable defensive effort and the loss of Mincey really showed in the run defense. What Julio did wasn't really surprising, but the lack of effort to cover him was what was baffling. And nobody could make a read and make a play in the secondary. Matt Ryan was telegraphing throws to Julio all second half and our secondary did not make Ryan pay for it. I could literally tell every time Ryan was gonna throw it to Julio and the defense still left him open. DLaw had a bad game in defending the run and rushing the passer. Sean Lee wasn't himself either, but DL play has a lot to do with whether or not Lee can blow up plays. DLine was just bad in every way imaginable. We made an average offense that relies heavily on Julio look elite today and that is unacceptable.
Yeah defense was pathetic today. Surprising how poorly they played with the strides they seem to have made last year and then this year. Run game in the second half was pathetic too. No way we should have lost that game once we got up like we did.

Here is the thing though and I think you called it when it happened. That Int changed things. It was huge. As was us not coming up with a few possible Ints ourselves. As horrible as we looked with a break we still probably come out with a win. I think by the end of the game the defense was just in there a little too much, but if we got a break earlier it could have made a difference. Oh well...big game next week now for sure.

Side note, I didn't think Weeden played as badly as it seems others think he did.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect more of what we saw in the 1st half today rather than the 2nd. It wasn't just Weeden, who stopped performing. The run game quit, Williams never showed up, the defense was continually getting gashed. Hopefully in two weeks the defense is completely intact and the Williams remembers how to catch the damn ball.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better the Eagles are still AWFUL even if they won. Bradford 14-28 for a hundred and something. TERRIBLE TEAM

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better the Eagles are still AWFUL even if they won. Bradford 14-28 for a hundred and something. TERRIBLE TEAM
I didn't see much of the game at all. I assumed they looked much better.i guess not based on your comment.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The INT was bad sure but I thought the first possession in the second half was even worse. We got a stop and had the ball with excellent field position and went 3 and out. As far as Williams- I know he dropped the one at the end but surely he or Street had to be open at some point. It's not like the Falcons are known for their secondary. It was just a weird game. Pretty good balance with the run and pass. High completion percentage for Weeden. He took what they gave him. It just came a time when we needed more. When the Falcons took the lead, it was like there was no sense of urgency. Kudos to the Falcons - 25 unanswered. Still trying to figure out what was going on on defense. Basically a no name second team back and Julio Jones / Ryan basically did whatever they wanted.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see much of the game at all. I assumed they looked much better.i guess not based on your comment.

No. THey looked terrible. Sproles and Matthews both dropped EASY TD's. The D is playing OK and have been all year considering theyre on the field 45 minutes a game but Bradford was way off target. The issue on Bradford was he doesnt have a great deep ball but he's extremely accurate yet I havent seen that at all (except for the 2nd half against Atlanta). The OLine stepped up and our 3rd round pick ILB Hicks is looking like a player. Hes the one who hit Romo on the injury. Had a pick today and 10 tackles. But there is something wrong. They got shut out in the 2nd half and Sproles carried us in the first half.

Side note Miles Austin has 3 targets this year for 3 drops. INCREDIBLE. This is about a 7-9 team... maybe.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thoughts on the game. It's always a group effort when it comes to a loss, but I lean more toward putting more blame on the defensive side of the ball. Weeden's interception was horrible but at the end of the day, the offense put up 28 points. 28 points SHOULD BE more than enough to win a professional football game AT HOME. The Cowboys had a good gameplan to attack the ATL defense and they executed well in the first half to jump out to a big lead. The 2nd half, the offense played horrible, but how can you be mad at 28 points from this offense without Romo, Leary, and Dez? Defense let the team down.

There were two drives in the first half that resulted in TDs because of crucial defensive penalties. Had they held them to FGs on those drives, the outcome of this game could have been much different because 28-9 is a bigger hole to climb from than 28-17 and the Falcons probably wouldn't have been as balanced in the 2nd half either. This is not to mention they dropped two potential interceptions and giving up the FG at half was inexcusable. Garrett's clock management at the end of the 1st half was absolutely atrocious and the defense to close the half was even worse. You can't have that happen even if you get the ball back after half let alone when the opponent is getting it back. We could have been leading 28-6 at half. While not impossible for an ATL comeback, but not likely.

There's no excuse for that offensive performance in the 2nd half, but from what I saw from the D in the first two games, 28 points should have been more than enough to win. No Romo and no Dez is not an excuse. The Cowboys should have absolutely won this game and that's what pisses me off. You can't blow two TD leads in this league when wins are so precious(especially considering our predicament) and you sure as shit shouldn't be losing home games where you score 28 points if you have any aspirations of winning a Super Bowl.
Garrett seems to do a poor coaching job with leads. This has happened too many times with his clock management issues and stopping another teams momentum. I yelled at the TV don't score so quick. 40 second is too long for this defense too hold a team lol

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett seems to do a poor coaching job with leads. This has happened too many times with his clock management issues and stopping another teams momentum. I yelled at the TV don't score so quick. 40 second is too long for this defense too hold a team lol
I really don't think you can put much of this on Garrett. We kind of sucked in the 2nd half. Not sure what he could have done. Next week looks like a good matchup if Bree's is out. Maybe a nice confidence boost and then we get some help back on D

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Saints didn't look all that bad today.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did everyone have Atl etched in as a win? Even at full strength we struggle in this game. Atlanta is a good team. 3-0. Thats hard to do in the NFL

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did everyone have Atl etched in as a win? Even at full strength we struggle in this game. Atlanta is a good team. 3-0. Thats hard to do in the NFL

I didn't have it as a win. I was completely shocked at how quick we scored and built an early lead. For that reason I'm not overly upset with the loss. What does upset me is how the team completely shut down after operating so easily in the first half. Plus as in bad years of past the O gave up on the run. I thought Romo was the check to pass problem.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect more of what we saw in the 1st half today rather than the 2nd. It wasn't just Weeden, who stopped performing. The run game quit, Williams never showed up, the defense was continually getting gashed. Hopefully in two weeks the defense is completely intact and the Williams remembers how to catch the damn ball.
I'm just about done with Williams. I rather Dunbar line up in his spot as the #1 WR. He's proven to be way more trustworthy in three games than Williams in all his seasons here. I have never liked Williams. No question the guy is talented, but I think he is what he is at this point:

He won't fight for the ball and protect his QB if he throws an errant pass. He'll just watch it get picked off.

When he thinks he's about to get hit after a catch, alligator arms.

Is very poor at running routes.

I will be ecstatic when the Cowboys find a better #2 WR option than him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just about done with Williams. I rather Dunbar line up in his spot as the #1 WR. He's proven to be way more trustworthy in three games than Williams in all his seasons here. I have never liked Williams. No question the guy is talented, but I think he is what he is at this point:

He won't fight for the ball and protect his QB if he throws an errant pass. He'll just watch it get picked off.

When he thinks he's about to get hit after a catch, alligator arms.

Is very poor at running routes.

I will be ecstatic when the Cowboys find a better #2 WR option than him.

Maybe Street or the new kid steps up, in Dez's absence.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think you can put much of this on Garrett. We kind of sucked in the 2nd half. Not sure what he could have done. Next week looks like a good matchup if Bree's is out. Maybe a nice confidence boost and then we get some help back on D

Next week is big with the Patriots game coming. This would have been such a big win for Dallas and they were rolling early. They got this next week though. 3-1 is good. Just have to play 500 ball til the stars come back and will wrap up this division if they can hang on. 4-0 would have been tremendous with confidence sky high and team unity building... but 3-1 is very good considering the circumstances.

YOu guys just have to beat the Giants again. THe Skins and Eagles are not even close to playoff caliber teams. Neither are the Giants but with the Cowboys injuries they are the only threat.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no idea. The only offense I see on our schedule that is more dangerous is the Pats.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else it's a good time to play a struggling Saints team. But they are playing at home and could look like their old selves in a heart beat.

And what is Hardy been doing all this time? ...has he been allowed to practice with the team during these games?
I'm hoping right now he's running up the side of a mountain pulling a 100 pound truck tire.

A pass rush will be the only hope of beating Brady the following week.