• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Athlon picks Iowa to finish last in the B1G.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously man you are a douchbag. Geneh was nothing but cordial and you turn into some sort of rambling clusterfuck of incoherent blatherings. Wishing our team luck and saying we have classy fans is NOT TROLLING. Calling you a dick when you act like a dick ISNT trolling either, from what Ive seen of you so far it looks to be true.
:10::agree:

OKay, since there is a rather large minority of you that wants me "off" "your" thread I will depart. But I have had a pretty good education about the Iowa fanbase thanks to you guys. Some of you are cool and some of you aren't.

Have a good day and good luck to Iowa this year!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say with full certainty that clemenza is not what you have posted about him. He put his 2 cents in about Athlon picking Iowa to finish last by saying "WHO CARES?" what Althon thinks. clem is an Iowa poster posting on an Iowa board. OSU fan, UNC fans or anyone else coming to an Iowa thread and disputing or trolling what an Iowa fan says on on Iowa thread should expect to get some shit.

Geneh fired the first shot by calling clem a dick. Then he follows that up with calling him a DB and other names. That's chicken-shit and other iowa guys should be backing him up instead of piling on.

Not what happened man.. Read the thread. I dont know Clem but or Geneh but Geneh complimented Iowa fans, Clem said who cares what Athlon said, Geneh said 11 people care so far and then Clem turned into into a troll thread by making fun of UNC football. Thats what happened. I can read so I dont need anyone trying to make me feel bad for calling out a fellow Hawk fan when hes being a douche. Im sure Clemenza is a good Iowa fan and thats enough to make me think maybe he was just having a bad few hours when he went off the rails but it is what it is.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also an an FYI UNC has a better football tradition than us. A better overall record, more conference titles, more all Americans. So lets keep it real boys. Iowa football was horsehit unitl the last 30 years and hasnt even been any great shakes since then other than about 2 3 year spurts. I LOVE Iowa football but bashing another teams success should be reserved for fans of teams that can actually do so without looking like dbags.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also an an FYI UNC has a better football tradition than us. A better overall record, more conference titles, more all Americans. So lets keep it real boys. Iowa football was horsehit unitl the last 30 years and hasnt even been any great shakes since then other than about 2 3 year spurts. I LOVE Iowa football but bashing another teams success should be reserved for fans of teams that can actually do so without looking like dbags.

Now that's the kind of Iowa fan I have been used to dealing with. Okay, to keep my word I'm gone.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa football was horsehit unitl the last 30 years

I am going to call you on that one, 1921-1922 with Howard Jones were pretty good years, 1956-1960 were good years (1 national championship in 1958) and then we went off the rails til Fry came in the 1970's.

As far as Geneh and Clem, well I know Clem personally and will vouch for him all day. He is from Iowa, still loves the Hawkeyes and always will. I think Geneh is a pretty good guy too, but again it goes back to what I said before, this site, it seems other team's fans come to different boards a lot, some intentionally to stir shit and some not really but they do unintentionally.

Athlon's, for what it is worth, is a sports magazine that is largely ignored but they put out issues every year for football and basketball preseason, I am not aware of any other times they publish. They are not all that accurate and usually have only part of the info they really need since they try to cover every school, but only at a high level. This translates to inaccuracy.

Now, back to people, I was talking with my wife on this, and Geneh if you still read this, please reply...but I do not really get why fans of other teams would go to a certain teams board and post. Not that they can't or do I think it is wrong, but just not something I do personally, I really don't care how a Utah or a Uconn board is going. So it made me wonder why some folks would do it, boredom? stir the shit? admire the team but not a huge fan? etc...

In the end, I am fine with Geneh saying what he said, but also fine with Clem's reaction, we seem to have enough infighting about our team on the board as it is though.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what happened man.. Read the thread. I dont know Clem but or Geneh but Geneh complimented Iowa fans, Clem said who cares what Athlon said, Geneh said 11 people care so far and then Clem turned into into a troll thread by making fun of UNC football. Thats what happened. I can read so I dont need anyone trying to make me feel bad for calling out a fellow Hawk fan when hes being a douche. Im sure Clemenza is a good Iowa fan and thats enough to make me think maybe he was just having a bad few hours when he went off the rails but it is what it is.

well rmilia, I have read the thread and here's how it went:

Clem:
WHO........CARES?

Geneh:
So far, 11 posters care to your 1. You have been outvoted in the caring dept. 11-1.
(fair enough)

Me:
Longtime Iowa fans really don't care what the rest of world thinks about how OUR team will do in the upcoming season. Year after year Iowa coaches have to try to COACH and get the most out of 2-3 star recruits.
We do more with less than about ANY other program in the country. For douchbag, dick-head Buckeye's fans to come here and try stirring the pot is ridiculous.
(may have instigated a bit??, but was talking about Buckeye fan posts)

Clem:
Says he's a North Carolina fan. Didn't realize NC even had a football program to be honest, they must play Division II.
(minor jab)

Geneh:
If you think UNC is a Division II school you really ought to get out more. You do know they bathrooms with real plumbing now, right? You don't have to watch the Iowa game on your ipod in the outhouse anymore.
Really, for you to admit that you thought UNC is a Division II school tells me that you definitely did not attend the University of Iowa and you know zilch about college basketball.
(seems to be getting personal)

Clem:
So because I don't know NC has a football program that means I didn't go to the University of Iowa and don't know about college.......basketball????
Brilliant. I'm guessing you are a detective, private eye or judge/lawyer?
(counter jab. Still tasteful)

Geneh:
I came on here talking up Iowa and these are the responses I get from their fans? Maybe the Iowa fanbase isn't as cool as I have been led to believe. Maybe.
(butt-hurt)

Clem:
Nope. We're total dorks. You should troll other team's message boards with the other "cool" fans.
(still nothing wrong with this)

Geneh:
Well, since you just admitted that you DID know UNC had a Division 1 program my conclusion is that you are a dick, Holmes. You were making fun of UNC and you just admitted it.
Now, if you are going to do it some more just come on out and do it. Stop hiding behind ignorance unless you truly are ignorant. But I don't think you are ignorant. I think you are a dick.
(boom baby)

Geneh:
Yep, you're a dick, you leave little doubt. Repost a troll remark I made on this thread if you can find one. Mr. Dick.

This with a smattering of jabs, insults, observations and strong arming from me, Hawkeye, Herky, Geng and rmilia.

Fuck we must be bored....Go Hawkeyes!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well rmilia, I have read the thread and here's how it went:

Clem:

Geneh: (fair enough)

Me: (may have instigated a bit??, but was talking about Buckeye fan posts)

Clem: (minor jab)

Geneh: (seems to be getting personal)

Clem: (counter jab. Still tasteful)

Geneh: (butt-hurt)

Clem: (still nothing wrong with this)

Geneh: (boom baby)

Geneh:

This with a smattering of jabs, insults, observations and strong arming from me, Hawkeye, Herky, Geng and rmilia.

Fuck we must be bored....Go Hawkeyes!

lol. nice work and yes we are bored. HURRY UP SEPTEMBER!!!!

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the OP, the big ten must be strong this year if we're picked last

LOL

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....seriously, North Carolina has a *football* team???

I suppose next you're going to tell me Duke has a football team, right? Crazy talk, I say.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....seriously, North Carolina has a *football* team???

I suppose next you're going to tell me Duke has a football team, right? Crazy talk, I say.

This one caught me off guard too.....

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem...it's called LaCrosse...

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, was thinking the same thing today when I ready that they were in the ACC championship game. BTW - they will lose by 40 to FSU, assuming Winston doesn't go to jail today.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, was thinking the same thing today when I ready that they were in the ACC championship game. BTW - they will lose by 40 to FSU, assuming Winston doesn't go to jail today.

True but man that was some bad timing on our end... :suds:

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you'll probably tell me North Carolina has a football team too!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even one at North Carolina State maybe, and there is some other school near there called Wake Forest...where you go into the woods to wake up maybe?