• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A'Shawn Robinson

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. You have to go aaallll the way back to Luther Ellis to find a comparable DT. I was in high school when Luther was drafted.
Luther sang me Happy Birthday for my 18th. (Charity BBall game. Not a bad basketball player.)

He was about in the middle of his career I believe. That was 17 years ago.

He's the Broncos team chaplain now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luther sang me Happy Birthday for my 18th. (Charity BBall game. Not a bad basketball player.)

He was about in the middle of his career I believe. That was 17 years ago.

He's the Broncos team chaplain now.

Luther used to come into my gym in Rochester. He was part of this group of power lifters for Christ. They would perform feats of strength like tearing up phone books, overhead pressing telephone poles and benching insane amounts of weights. We used to talk Lions a lot. Cool guy. Absolute monster of a human being.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before wrecking his knee, Fairley was headed toward multiple pro bowls. Best DT we've had not named Suh.

Please stop overlooking Tyrunnnnnn Walker

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A'Shawn Robinson following advice of Alabama NFL players

This article hits on what I talked about earlier about understanding Alabama's defense and what he does.

Pre-draft criticism of Robinson painted him as a one-dimensional player -- a run-stuffer who would offer little as a pass rusher. Robinson said his initial exposure to Detroit's defensive scheme indicated he'd be pushing the pocket more in the NFL.

"I love it," Robinson said. "Honestly, I think it's a great defense for me to be in. To come from two-gap and then be able to attack, to have the opportunity to attack, it's amazing. I know to change my stance and really just come off the ball and explode off on offensive linemen is going to be cool. ... I feel like I have a lot of potential."

At Alabama it wasn't his job to rush up the middle at the QB, he had to push the pocket back. He's excited because instead of having to control 2 gaps like @ Alabama, he can just hit his 1 and only gap and rush.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A'Shawn Robinson following advice of Alabama NFL players

This article hits on what I talked about earlier about understanding Alabama's defense and what he does.

At Alabama it wasn't his job to rush up the middle at the QB, he had to push the pocket back. He's excited because instead of having to control 2 gaps like @ Alabama, he can just hit his 1 and only gap and rush.
View attachment 115575

Does A'Shawn look like Bluto from the 80's Popeye movie?

Bald Bull

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed it too. He had a sophomore slump and so far has been invisible in preseason. Unfortunately his replacements have been no better. Thats why I have pushed so hard for Hankins. That would make A'shawns job a lot easier too. RJF and Sly and the rookie are nice to rotate in but we need a stud up there to make it work.

Either that or we are going to play a lot more 3-4 and MP does not want to show his hand in the preseason. We have not used it once so far.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can always fall back on his rap career if playing football doesn't work out

He should probably work on that rap career going by his amazing preseason performance thus far. He actually looks like a bald Eightball or even Rick Ross.