• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A's Get Kazmir, per ESPN.com

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oakland A's have signed FA SP Scott Kazmir. 2yrs 22M, per ESPN.com

Damn, I thought that he could be a nice option for the Bucs, with not having heard a peep from AJ, in regards to his plans.

Well, let's review:

The Pirates lost out on Josh Johnson, coming in 2nd to the SD Padres.

Kazmir signed with the A's today, 2yrs 22M

The Twins signed Phil Hughes to a 3yr deal the other day.

I know that it is still early & a lot of things can still change... but, I gotta say, I am a bit down about this offseason thus far.

Nice to see that 94 wins, a playoff spot & a solid playoff performance, not to mention a bunch of sellout crowds, in a good baseball town, has changed the Pirates perception around the league.

Sigh... I am probably overreacting, I know & it is still early, I am just getting frustrated.

I want to build off of last yrs performance, not take a step back from it.

Burgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oakland A's have signed FA SP Scott Kazmir. 2yrs 22M, per ESPN.com

Damn, I thought that he could be a nice option for the Bucs, with not having heard a peep from AJ, in regards to his plans.

Well, let's review:

The Pirates lost out on Josh Johnson, coming in 2nd to the SD Padres.

Kazmir signed with the A's today, 2yrs 22M

The Twins signed Phil Hughes to a 3yr deal the other day.

I know that it is still early & a lot of things can still change... but, I gotta say, I am a bit down about this offseason thus far.

Nice to see that 94 wins, a playoff spot & a solid playoff performance, not to mention a bunch of sellout crowds, in a good baseball town, has changed the Pirates perception around the league.

Sigh... I am probably overreacting, I know & it is still early, I am just getting frustrated.

I want to build off of last yrs performance, not take a step back from it.

Burgh

The Burnett thing really seems to be hanging us up in free agency. He needs to decide.

But even so, the winter meetings haven't even started yet. I don't think it's time to panic.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually think that Neil's big offseason moves started and stopped with Josh Johnson. My personal opinion is that he was choice 1, 2, and 3. Now I think he is waiting for AJ and working on a trade.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fister just got traded to the Nats, the return looks like a 3-4 C/B type prospects, good pickup by them, IMO.

I think Gavin Floyd is still out there, I'd check on him regardless of AJ, assuming his medicals are good. Same with Roberto Hernandez (previously Fautso Carmona).

Not sure Kazmir is a Pirates type of guy, they like the ground ball types, who seem to be undervalued in this market.