• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

as a cub fan i'm tired of the losing

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no need to buy anyone yet. We are still two years away in rebuilding mode. We have our long-term infield:

1B: Anthony Rizzo
C: Wellington Castillo
SS: Javier Baez
2B: Starlin Castro
3B: Kris Bryant

No way in hell can you have an infield with Baez and Castro up the middle. Is this a joke? Or are you just not very bright? What does Baez have right now in the minors, 41 errors? And Castro doesn't even know what park he's playing in most of the time. Do you realize how bad defensively we'd be with Castro, Baez, and Bryant? Bryant and Baez may be outfielders by the time we're competing. And my guess is Castro won't be here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Baez play? Are his errors from rushing throws? Are they from botching routine plays? Are they from getting his glove on a ball that most shortstops couldn't get to, but then not being able to recover and make the play after laying out? Errors are a terrible way to judge defense. Castro, who is far from a great defensive shortstop will have less errors this season then Ozzie Smith did in his age 23, 24 or 25 seasons and one of those was his first gold glove.

Ozzie Smith was a great defender and most will argue the best defensive SS of all time. However, it took him until his age 26 season to have under 20 errors in a season. That was because he would try to make impossible plays that would lead to errors. I haven't seen Baez play much, but I've read that he is a better defensive shortstop then Castro and that his errors are due to age and trying to make highlight reel plays when he should just eat the ball. We all need to keep in mind that Castro is still only 23 and no where near his ceiling as a player.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard Castro being called no more than a 45 defender, with Baez being 50. They say as far as our third basemen go, Bryant would be considered a 50, Olt a 60, Baez a 55 for a position he never played before. I cant see Baez going to second base.

I tried that castro getting to balls nobody else would, but he keeps botching the easy plays.

I am not a numbers guy, but its pretty clear it ranks our guys.

With Theo, you never know. I still think Castro, Lake and Baez are all Hendry guys that ultimately will be traded so when they get to the promised land, its all TheoJed.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why where my cubs t-shirts or jerseys or even my hat.
living in detroit where all the tigers fans sport thier gear. i have my stuff hiding in my closet ashamed to wear it.
i know this team been in a rebuild mose since mr window dressing epstein was hired and i know rickets would rather spend his money on staduim improvements. but seriously baseball is a game and our team dont play the game very well.ashamed for the past 3 seasons:doh:

You are tired of losing? My Grandmother lived a 90 year life without seeing the Cubs win the W.S. And she died 2 years ago. 3 seasons? :lol:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Baez play? Are his errors from rushing throws? Are they from botching routine plays? Are they from getting his glove on a ball that most shortstops couldn't get to, but then not being able to recover and make the play after laying out? Errors are a terrible way to judge defense. Castro, who is far from a great defensive shortstop will have less errors this season then Ozzie Smith did in his age 23, 24 or 25 seasons and one of those was his first gold glove.

Ozzie Smith was a great defender and most will argue the best defensive SS of all time. However, it took him until his age 26 season to have under 20 errors in a season. That was because he would try to make impossible plays that would lead to errors. I haven't seen Baez play much, but I've read that he is a better defensive shortstop then Castro and that his errors are due to age and trying to make highlight reel plays when he should just eat the ball. We all need to keep in mind that Castro is still only 23 and no where near his ceiling as a player.

Yeah good idea, let's compare Castro to Ozzie Smith. I didn't mention anything about Castro's errors. What I specifically stated was that Castro doesn't know what parks he's playing in most nights, that means he's a moron, and his head is not in the game.

I'm thinking even when Ozzie Smith made those errors, his head was still in the game, an alert player. Castro is not an alert player. And in regards to Baez, 41 errors is 41 errors. I don't care how athletic he is, or how many balls he's getting to. So having a guy who tends to make a lot of errors up the middle with a guy who's head is never in the game, well that probably wouldn't work out well. Castro's time as a Cubs is coming to an end.