• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arrowverse: Arrow, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Superman & Lois

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been binging SM&L S3 over the last couple days. Apparently, this show is officially no longer part of the Arrowverse. It was made official late in S2, but I missed that. It was made clear to me with Lex Luthor. Clearly, a Jon Cryer Lex would not have fit this show’s tone.

But frankly, neither does a Cudlitz Lex. This casting may trump Eisenburg as a bad-cast Lex. I like Cudlitz, but he is totally wrong for this role.

Same actor, different variant.

Lazy writing.

but....Diggle showed up here.

As Diggle.

So they just didn't wanna deal with Cryer stuff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but....Diggle showed up here.

As Diggle.

So they just didn't wanna deal with Cryer stuff.
I saw an article written sometime DURING S2 discussing SM&L‘s divorce from the Arrowverse. Apparently, that Diggle was Diggle, but has been retcon’d to no longer have any of the history that we know of him. Within a retcon’d context, he was just a redshirt. A random dude. Named Diggle.

There was a comment made by General Lane in S2 that he was unaware of any extraterrestrial activity anywhere in the world. The Arrowverse had multiple universes merge together, and the populace was aware that it happened. The Arrowverse had MULTIPLE interactions with extraterrestrials.

Not having to use Cryer’s goofy take on Lex was a good side effect. It was not the triggering factor.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article written sometime DURING S2 discussing SM&L‘s divorce from the Arrowverse. Apparently, that Diggle was Diggle, but has been retcon’d to no longer have any of the history that we know of him. Within a retcon’d context, he was just a redshirt. A random dude. Named Diggle.

There was a comment made by General Lane in S2 that he was unaware of any extraterrestrial activity anywhere in the world. The Arrowverse had multiple universes merge together, and the populace was aware that it happened. The Arrowverse had MULTIPLE interactions with extraterrestrials.

Not having to use Cryer’s goofy take on Lex was a good side effect. It was not the triggering factor.

all of that makes no sense

Lazy ass writers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that, and I still think SM&L is an OK show. It has holes, and its shelf life is quickly reaching its expire date. But is a watchable show (even though the soap opera drama of the last few episodes of S3 was sickening).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This explanation makes me root for the studios in this fight lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that, and I still think SM&L is an OK show. It has holes, and its shelf life is quickly reaching its expire date. But is a watchable show (even though the soap opera drama of the last few episodes of S3 was sickening).

i also didnt' like them giving Bizarro the doomsday story

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like we're going to get some major story changes and character changes
Wow. Bloodbath.

Unrelated, I have never seen any of that guy’s videos before, an I think I will keep that streak alive. He just kept repeating the same tidbit of info over and over and over to get his video to his desired length. He has no regard for his viewers, I will block him. There are enough other nerdy content creators on YouTube, I don’t need this blowhard.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Bloodbath.

Unrelated, I have never seen any of that guy’s videos before, an I think I will keep that streak alive. He just kept repeating the same tidbit of info over and over and over to get his video to his desired length. He has no regard for his viewers, I will block him. There are enough other nerdy content creators on YouTube, I don’t need this blowhard.

Let’s be real

Most of them aren’t needed

Especially not Sarah and Natalie, who both ran their course

Even John Henry is an easy write off of lane is also gone, just gets buried in DoD works he’s found his niche. He’s good

The only one that would add anything at this point is lane

Writing lana out is kinda weird since she’s the mayor of smallville and her quitting now would just be weird

And they 100% shouldn’t go back to metropolis, that would be going backwards

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Natalie had some potential that they never really tapped into. Delving into her semi-family dynamic with the Kent’s could have been interesting. While they kinda mentioned it, and had it as a clear off-camera storyline, they never really did anything about it.

Seeing that they slashed the entire Smallville-dependant cast, I think they likely will be leaving Smallville. Whether that means they are going to Metropolis or somewhere else remains to be seen.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Natalie had some potential that they never really tapped into. Delving into her semi-family dynamic with the Kent’s could have been interesting. While they kinda mentioned it, and had it as a clear off-camera storyline, they never really did anything about it.

Seeing that they slashed the entire Smallville-dependant cast, I think they likely will be leaving Smallville. Whether that means they are going to Metropolis or somewhere else remains to be seen.

Yeah, I agree

That’s why I hate it

The whole Premise of the show was to leave metropolis so their kids could have semi normal Lives

I wish it wasn’t 17 years for Lex. Seems too long for Superman Mythos

I mean I honest really like the concept of the show

It was a great idea

Execution has been lax and lazy

I think Nat should be done

She goes to the fancy gifted hs in metropolis because she isn’t challenged at smallville high. Makes perfect logical sense even if John Henry stayed in smallville

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed…

Grant Gustin was born in ‘90
Candice Patton was born in ‘85
Jessica Parker Kennedy was born in ‘84

Kennedy played XS, the daughter of Gustin and Patton. Granted, time travel was involved, but XS was portrayed as a young girl, not an adult who was supposed to be older than her parents.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed…

Grant Gustin was born in ‘90
Candice Patton was born in ‘85
Jessica Parker Kennedy was born in ‘84

Kennedy played XS, the daughter of Gustin and Patton. Granted, time travel was involved, but XS was portrayed as a young girl, not an adult who was supposed to be older than her parents.

I stopped when she showed up.

She was just awful