• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona vs. Washington

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win we should be ranked around 23-20.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's gone about how I thought. I think our defense is obviously stepping up to keep us in this one (which is something I said needed to happen in order for us to have a good chance at the W). Looks like Denker isn't able to pass, but at least he is able to keep the D spread enough to do well running. It will be interesting to see how the 2nd half goes in terms of UW's adjustments to keep their fastest LB home in order to try and stop Denker from running on pass plays. I don't know how or if AZ can open up the pass game, but unless it does, we will have to continue to lean on the D. Not sure how that will work. I feel like Denker is going to have to complete some passes, or stay successful running in the open field. If he can draw the D in (with his threat to run) and dump some short passes over the front line and advancing LBs, then it might be successful as a way to complete some passes. I would still go deep every once in a while, just to keep the UW D from shortening the field. I think that Carey has a deep run in him, hopefully it comes out in the 2nd half. Also, I think that we should just go for 2 after every TD. Obviously the conditions are too much to depend on a point after, especially if UW is having trouble.

Bear Down

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denker sucks :bawling:

He really does. If you have a QB who can't throw, it's only a matter of time until they hone in on the running game and target Denker on the run in pass plays. He's completely inaccurate throwing the ball. I'm not sure if UW is really top 15 or what, but we look terrible on offense under him. We're going to get eaten alive by UCLA, Oregon, and I'm sad to say, ASU. Denker's 11 for 30 for fuck's sake!!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Denker gets taken out and his day ends with 14-35 for 119 and 2 ints. That's a very weak day at QB, and is the GLARING weakness in our offense. That led to a rough day for our run game, even though Carey still got his yards. To top it off, Fischer got hurt. We've got a long ways to go on offense. With 2 picks which both led to TDs, a safety and then a FG on the possession they got off that. It should have been 14-13 UW. If Denker could have turned even one of those picks into a FG, AZ wins.

I'm not trying to play the coulda, shoulda, woulda game, I'm just saying that the defense only gave up two touchdowns that weren't directly caused by mistakes by the offense. The offense, and specifically Denker, completely let us down. Again, all the credit to UW's defense, they definitely put Denker in a position to fail, but our problems live in only one side of the ball: the offense. And the are largely focused on one player: Denker. Something tells me, it's going to be a reoccurring theme this year, and it's been the elephant in the room going back to NAU, UNLV, and UTSA. Today did nothing more than give us the opponent to make it clear that even a decent team will exploit him as weak. I'm not even sure that UW is a top 20 team, because if they are, then AZ is a QB away from being top 15. Too bad that's not the case. Hopefully we can win at least three games out of WSU, Cal, Colorado, and Utah. Maybe we can limp in to a bowl and beat a bad team to go 7-6. Call that a success this year.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Denker gets taken out and his day ends with 14-35 for 119 and 2 ints. That's a very weak day at QB, and is the GLARING weakness in our offense. That led to a rough day for our run game, even though Carey still got his yards. To top it off, Fischer got hurt. We've got a long ways to go on offense. With 2 picks which both led to TDs, a safety and then a FG on the possession they got off that. It should have been 14-13 UW. If Denker could have turned even one of those picks into a FG, AZ wins.

I'm not trying to play the coulda, shoulda, woulda game, I'm just saying that the defense only gave up two touchdowns that weren't directly caused by mistakes by the offense. The offense, and specifically Denker, completely let us down. Again, all the credit to UW's defense, they definitely put Denker in a position to fail, but our problems live in only one side of the ball: the offense. And the are largely focused on one player: Denker. Something tells me, it's going to be a reoccurring theme this year, and it's been the elephant in the room going back to NAU, UNLV, and UTSA. Today did nothing more than give us the opponent to make it clear that even a decent team will exploit him as weak. I'm not even sure that UW is a top 20 team, because if they are, then AZ is a QB away from being top 15. Too bad that's not the case. Hopefully we can win at least three games out of WSU, Cal, Colorado, and Utah. Maybe we can limp in to a bowl and beat a bad team to go 7-6. Call that a success this year.

You pretty much hit it on the head. Not much else to add... is it basketball season yet?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pretty much hit it on the head. Not much else to add... is it basketball season yet?

Hurry the fuck up!!! ESPN needs to get on their shit, and we need to play some mothafucking ball on these hoes!!!!!!:fap:

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait Sting

Sting, I thought you said ASU would beat SC? You were correct :)

Being the way things are going thus far it appears that UofA "AU" :) will beat us in Tempe this year.
For the record I predicted AU to beat UW and AU to be ranked. I will not forget last years ass whooping of the snow dogs 52-17 favor AU

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting, I thought you said ASU would beat SC? You were correct :)

Being the way things are going thus far it appears that UofA "AU" :) will beat us in Tempe this year.
For the record I predicted AU to beat UW and AU to be ranked. I will not forget last years ass whooping of the snow dogs 52-17 favor AU

PICK A FUCKING SIDE! :rollseyes:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, Denker is terrible. I give credit to the UW defense, but that said, BJ missed a TON of wide open guys that Matt Scott or Foles would hit in their sleep. We've been spoiled with competent college QBing in Tucson for a while...looks like it may be back to the drawing board.

The UW game I think exposed the Cats for what we can expect this year. They have no chance against Oregon. The rest of the games could go either way. I'm happy they avoid Stanford because that would be a guaranteed loss too. Hoping for a 7-5 or 8-4 season.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gotta have faith. Keep Calm and BEAR DOWN.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have a prayer against Oregon, UCLA, or ASU. So, at best that puts us at 8-4. The other games are definitely manageable, but we are going to need to really learn how to compensate for our lack of a passing QB. If we can do that, we might go 7-5. We'll see how USC is without Lee and Kiffen. But we aren't going to sneak up on anyone. They know exactly what our weakness is, and exactly how it can be exploited. I expect 6-6. Only Cal and Colorado are even close to guaranteed wins.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized we play USC this Thursday in LA. We need to win this game to get back into the thick of things.