• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns a Legit Playoff Contender?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just imagine if he didnt blow the 1st pick of the 2nd round and Chadd Scott in the third round.

Dont get me wrong--- Dorsey is amazing. The best thing to happen to the Browns in decades- he should win executive of the year

but he did blow taking Corbett at the top of the 2nd round- that was a bad pick. Scott in the 3rd round was a bad pick as well.

But- it doesnt really matter- he went against the grain and took Baker- who would EASILY go #1 again if the draft was re-done today. In a QB rich draft he found and took the best guy- by far. Its amazing.

Yeah amazing job, when he took Corbett in the 2nd round I was confused bc it said he was a center but he was versatile. I didn't like the pick then but just think Darius Leonard got drafted 3 pick later. I still love Avery who they got in the 5th but Leonard is an absolute stud.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm seeing:

1) Browns underachieved last year. Probably should've been 3-13 (ish)
2) Browns schedule looks fairly tough
3) Tyrod Taylor doesn't turn the ball over. Kizer was a turnover machine
4) Baker Mayfield might be really, really good but I dont think he'll be ready
5) Bengals look middle of the pack and Ravens could be anything

I think the Browns get to 4-12 or 5-11 with Taylor. The game manager potential is solid but I'm not fully sold on the Browns secondary.

If Mayfield pulls a Russell Wilson and plays right away then maybe we're talking playoff contender. I think Lamar Jackson is supposed to be the QB in division that is pro ready and he is on a fringe playoff team as is. I think the Ravens might be the team you think the Browns are.
I say a lot of dumb stuff on here but this held up surprisingly well except for the part about the Browns secondary.

Taylor probably would've won 4 or 5 games. They would've been a playoff contender with Mayfield, Chubb, firing Hue Jackson, all year instead of having a transition team in place. The Ravens won the division with Lamar Jackson.

Browns are in shape to compete for the next decade. They should've been a contender.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns make the right hire at HC and fill out the few pieces they need, they can be a legit contender for that division and even more. The Mayfield/ Jackson rivalry might be a lot of fun over the next several years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing legit about that 4th quarter drive yesterday. What a shit show.

Shitshow? Before that great play by Mosley, there were two great passes and catches. Remember, Baltimore has the best defense in the NFL.
3 QB's have thrown for 300 yards against the Ravens all season: Mayfield, Mahomes and Mayfield again. If it wasn't for a couple real close letdowns early in the season and Hue lasting as long as he did, this team could very well be in the playoffs. The future is bright.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns make the right hire at HC and fill out the few pieces they need, they can be a legit contender for that division and even more. The Mayfield/ Jackson rivalry might be a lot of fun over the next several years.
With the Browns history, they will probably make Williams their HC.
I think that would be a mistake. They are a stacked young team. It's a good job for the first time this century.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would be a mistake. They are a stacked young team. It's a good job for the first time this century.
I agree @Myles , Williams is a good DC but they need to bring in a good HC with a creative offensive mind. Not just some hot take. A guy who will work with what they have there already. They take a little time and get the right guy, this could be the best job in the league.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree @Myles , Williams is a good DC but they need to bring in a good HC with a creative offensive mind. Not just some hot take. A guy who will work with what they have there already. They take a little time and get the right guy, this could be the best job in the league.
I like Williams, but get the feeling he is a good "rah, rah" coach. One that could get a young team that just lost their head coach to rally around. That is not really sustainable for years. If no better options apply, they can go with Williams. I'm glad my Colts got Reich when we did. He would have been a good fit in Cleveland.
I like the Browns so I hope it is not Josh McDaniels. He's an asshole. The Belichick coaching tree has not bee good at all. Don't do it Browns.

I hear they are going with Marvin Lewis

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you hearing that? I'm pretty sure the consensus is that Lewis just moves up to the front office for the Bungles. I really can't see Dorsey signing off on such a stupid hire.
I was just messing with you. No chance anyone hires Marvin as HC.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not getting it. I think there's a better chance Kitchens gets it honestly.

If we had the same GM as in the past, I'd agree with you, but Dorsey is clearly a different animal than what we've had here in decades.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is "their history of bad moves" has nothing to do with NOW and John Dorsey is the biggest reason why. He has made it certain he wants to look for another HC and it looks like Mike McCarthy is that guy. Which I don't mind, he had success with Aaron Rodgers for awhile. Keep Williams as DC and Kitchens as OC and I will be very happy.