• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns a Legit Playoff Contender?

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Browns could win 7 games this season. I would be careful in putting too much stock in
Baker Mayfield. He chocked big time in big bowl games!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Tyrod's an average QB, O-line issues and a schedule not conducive to them making it IMO. I think they are a 5/6 win team.
So were 3/4 of the starting QBs in the conference title games last year. Also, to be fair, he's never once had this level of receiving talent in his career, and he's still put up solid numbers. I mean, nowhere even remotely close to this talent level.

Also, Joe Thomas retiring doesn't mean the entire OL is an "issue". From G-C-G, they're one of the top 5-7 OLs in the NFL, and the rookie 2nd rounder Corbett has looked very impressive thusfar.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To expound on my comment, as a Cowboy fan I know the team can only be as good as the HC.

So Hue is their problem.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To expound on my comment, as a Cowboy fan I know the team can only be as good as the HC.

So Hue is their problem.
The folks that are pointing out Hue having a make-or-break year this year are spot on. Fact is, the team was highly competitive last year. If the FO didn't put him in position to have to start a rookie who was nowhere ready to play, and instead brought back Josh McCown like competent people, Cleveland probably wins 5 games last year. Kizer was so dreadfully bad, that cannot be overstated.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In June?

Sure, everybody is.

Did they get rid of those faggy uniforms yet? Nobody is gonna win wearing those.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In June?

Sure, everybody is.

Did they get rid of those faggy uniforms yet? Nobody is gonna win wearing those.
Your players look like characters from Frozen out on the field, brown and orange is iconic.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello...tap,tap,tap...is this mike working...

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sarcasm whatsoever. Assuming health - for all teams - are the Browns a potential playoff contender? It's difficult to think not at this point. Put this lineup in any other teams jerseys and you're likely predicting at least 8-9 wins:

QB: Tyrod Taylor/Baker Mayfield
RB: Nick Chubb/Carlos Hyde/Duke Johnson
WR: Josh Gordon/Jarvis Landry/Antonio Calloway/Corey Coleman
TE: David Njoku/Seth Devalve
OT: Chris Hubbard/Austin Corbett/Shon Coleman
OG: Kevin Zeitler/Joel Bitonio
C: JC Tretter

DE: Myles Garrett/Emmanuel Ogbah/Nate Orchard/Chad Thomas
DT: Larry Ogunjobi/Trevon Coley/Trent Thompson/Caleb Brantley
LB: Jamie Collins/Mychal Kendricks/Christian Kirksey/Joe Schobert
CB: EJ Gaines/TJ Currie/Denzel Ward/Briean Boddy-Calhoun
S: Demarious Randall/Julius Peppers/Derrick Kindred

There really isn't any position group that is necessarily a glaring weakness. Losing Joe Thomas will hurt, but otherwise, they've made drastic wholesale changes to every position group.

Other than "because they're the Browns", is there any actual legit reason to think this team isn't a playoff contender?
Cleveland is the greatest city in the world to be a football fan, just not of the Browns. I've said it before, what other city can you buy a football ticket for $13 and it comes with a free slice of pizza? Fuck the Browns, that's great value!!!!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So were 3/4 of the starting QBs in the conference title games last year. Also, to be fair, he's never once had this level of receiving talent in his career, and he's still put up solid numbers. I mean, nowhere even remotely close to this talent level.

Also, Joe Thomas retiring doesn't mean the entire OL is an "issue". From G-C-G, they're one of the top 5-7 OLs in the NFL, and the rookie 2nd rounder Corbett has looked very impressive thusfar.

I'm not really sold on Cleveland's WR unit after Gordon and even he's a question mark because he can't stay on the field. Also the defense wasn't very good last year. 2nd to last in points allowed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sold on Cleveland's WR unit after Gordon and even he's a question mark because he can't stay on the field. Also the defense wasn't very good last year. 2nd to last in points allowed.
You have an issue with a guy who averages 100 reception a year?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods and Marquis Goodwin so terrible? Or was it the QB?

Cause 2 of those 3 guys had better years last season than they ever had with Taylor, and no one will be shocked if Watkins has his best season in KC this season

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Youre forgetting Landry

At least I think you are

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go out on a limb and say the Browns finish 9-7 and just miss out on the Wildcard.