• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Archie Bradley's face is broken.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CDubR0VUIAAR2ys.jpg

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but a facial fracture is a good outcome compared to a skull fracture & brain swelling.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but a facial fracture is a good outcome compared to a skull fracture & brain swelling.

I mean, last time I checked, the face was part of the skull, but I only take xrays for a living. I guess it's a semantics thing, if you were to equate "cranium" with "skull."

And like I said in the other thread. Bet your bottom dollar that he also has a concussion.

Looks like a fractured zygoma (cheek bone). blowout fracture - Google Search

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I just saw your response. Sure, I guess it's good news that he won't need a craniotomy.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop being technical...

You know what I mean when I use layman's terms. It could have been a lot worse. It sucks & he will likely miss a few months, but I am happy it hit where it hit & not somewhere else.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop being technical...

I live to be technical. And besides, a fracture to the zygoma absolutely qualifies as a skull fracture.

You know what I mean when I use layman's terms. It could have been a lot worse. It sucks & he will likely miss a few months, but I am happy it hit where it hit & not somewhere else.

Yeah, I mean I guess I can see how what you're saying makes sense to you. To me, it kinda sounds like you're making an argument similar to "whoa there was a bench clearing brawl and one guy got hit with a baseball bat. I'm just relieved that no one got stabbed..."

They said that was literally the 3rd-hardest hit ball in MLB this season. 150mph off the bat! That shit hit him in the face!

Also, you don't seem to realize that a concussion qualifies as trauma to the nervous system. You keep saying that you're glad his brain isn't damaged, but that's not true if he has a concussion. Sure, he probably doesn't need a craniectomy*, but he's got some serious damage and will need big time rehab. One hundred and fifty miles per hour. Think about that.

He'll be eating food through a straw for awhile and he'll have to learn how to not be scared shitless every time he gears up to throw a 4-seamer. He also might need reconstructive plastic surgery, depending on how bad it is.

*The procedure you referred to earlier is a craniectomy, not a craniotomy. See? I even correct myself.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. Mr. Technical.

And for what it's worth, my brother got struck in the face with a line drive while playing 3B in HS. That ball surely didn't have velocity of the ball that hit Bradley, but it was brutal looking just the same. It hit him in almost the same spot that Bradley's hit. The difference is that he turned his head enough so that the hit was a glancing blow off his cheek & not a direct impact. He suffered nothing more than bruising & swelling.

The ridicule for not using his glove instead of his face & looking like the kid from Mask was worse than the injury.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was wrong again, 115mph not 150. Still, that's brutal.

Whatever. Mr. Technical.
You can call me names all you want, my points are still valid.

And for what it's worth, my brother got struck in the face with a line drive while playing 3B in HS. That ball surely didn't have velocity of the ball that hit Bradley, but it was brutal looking just the same. It hit him in almost the same spot that Bradley's hit. The difference is that he turned his head enough so that the hit was a glancing blow off his cheek & not a direct impact. He suffered nothing more than bruising & swelling.

Yeah, that's optimistic of you if you're hoping for the same from Bradley, but the situations aren't really that comparable (for reasons you listed) outside of them involving baseballs hitting people in the face.

The ridicule for not using his glove instead of his face & looking like the kid from Mask was worse than the injury.

Anyone who makes that case is a complete moron.

Play baseball they said... It's safer than football they said...

That's why they call 'em freak accidents. Unreal.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was wrong again, 115mph not 150. Still, that's brutal.

You can call me names all you want, my points are still valid.

Yeah, that's optimistic of you if you're hoping for the same from Bradley, but the situations aren't really that comparable (for reasons you listed) outside of them involving baseballs hitting people in the face.

Anyone who makes that case is a complete moron.

That's why they call 'em freak accidents. Unreal.

No fracture of the jaw or orbital bone. Waiting on a ENT doctor to take a look at him on Wednesday to make sure there aren't any sinus area injuries. Looks like a 15 day DL.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportscenter just showed him giving a post game interview and he sounds just fine. They only played audio though so I couldn't see his face. I thought for sure he would spend the night in the hospital. Tough son of a gun.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fracture of the jaw or orbital bone.

Yeah, that's not a surprise, especially since his jaw seemed fine in the footage and there's no such thing as an orbital bone.

Says that the damage is to his sinus cavity. That would be the right maxillary sinus (the big one behind your cheek). That's means a fractured maxilla and/or zygoma in most cases. So, I'd bet that one of those is broken.

Waiting on a ENT doctor to take a look at him on Wednesday to make sure there aren't any sinus area injuries. Looks like a 15 day DL.

Sinus trauma is pretty easy to see on a standard x-ray, even easier to see if he got a CT scan.

MLB says it's broken: Major League Baseball Transactions | MLB.com: Transactions

Arizona Diamondbacks placed RHP Archie Bradley on the 15-day disabled list. Right sinus fracture.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villain: Thanks for the expert perspective (I am not being sarcastic). We should welcome someone that has knowledge in a field we don't. Your 'tude could use some improvement though :) So what's your prediction, with the info that's out there, on when Archie might be back?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villain: Thanks for the expert perspective (I am not being sarcastic). We should welcome someone that has knowledge in a field we don't. Your 'tude could use some improvement though :) So what's your prediction, with the info that's out there, on when Archie might be back?

Archie should be activated as soon as his 15 days are up.