• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Apparentley Ryan Clowe is some sort of evil genius.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refer of course to Ryane Clowe’s somewhat — er — controversial poke check from the bench during the Kings’ late third period power play in last nights game. The reason I don’t think he’s just a moron (he may be a moron, but as far as this action is concerned), is this:

That’s not a move you just spontaneously whip out. That’s something you have to have thought about. It requires a specific set of circumstances. It’s a quick break, which means one linesman is still on the other blue line (not looking up ice yet) and the other one is busting his ass to get in position at the other blue line. Because it’s a quick break-out, the back ref is a million miles away. And the other ref is on the far side of the ice, with Stoll and a back-checker blocking his view (at least, I think they were).

I don’t think it was a spur-of-the-moment dumb-ass move. I think it was something he’s been waiting to try for awhile.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is that good or that smart, especially Clowe. Kings should have received the call and a 5 on 3. Kings still have a slim chance at the #3 seed but Yotes have to lose on Saturday.
If this gets rid of the clockgate then it was almost worth it.