• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone here brew?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several of us do and there are a couple that work for breweries. Scroll through the forum and you'll probably come across several threads.

I haven't stepped up to all-grain yet primarily due to space and time limitations. Stick with extract and specialty grains mainly. Keeps my brew day down to a little over 2 hours from start to finish.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several of us do and there are a couple that work for breweries. Scroll through the forum and you'll probably come across several threads.

I haven't stepped up to all-grain yet primarily due to space and time limitations. Stick with extract and specialty grains mainly. Keeps my brew day down to a little over 2 hours from start to finish.

i'm tellin ya, AG takes longer yea....but what's better than chillin outside, all afternoon, listening to music, making beer and drinking beer??

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm in the extract and specialty grain stage. similar to Cobrabit I just don't have the time or space for all grain. I'd like to do it, but I have a feeling that won't happen until the kids are bigger and can do more things on their own.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the equipment takes up some space for sure when you're not brewing. but you can just build a shelf to keep it all nicely contained on a small footprint...don't know how old the kiddos are, but sound like their young....hire a sitter to take 'em to the park, brew and relax for a few hours...then make a drunken pass at the sitter when the kids come home:D

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Extract brew mostly due to the fact that I make beer for me and a couple friends. I am not trying to win any contests, just trying to make beers that I like. Have friends that AG, and the beer comes out consistently better, but not enough that I have seriouslty thought about stepping up yet.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Grain doesn't have to be a huge investment, or a big footprint, if you know where to start. I've known homebrewers with cooler mash tuns and gravity feeds that have brewed beers that would rival professionals in a blind taste test.

Personally, I like gadgets. I like my pumps (no lifting), I like my oxygenation assembly (yeast need oxygen, not aeration; big difference in outcome), and I like my counterflow chiller (homemade). These are my toys, and what I save up for. Sigh. I need to win a lottery.

hawkeyedan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been brewing for probably about 11-12 years now. I do partial mash brews. I also just started making my own hard cider about a year ago. Haven't brewed a whole lot this year and I'd like to brew more often than what I have.